EXPERIENCE: Berkley Technology Underwriters Minneapolis, Minnesota
Technology Support Specialist March 2015 – July 2018
• Support workstations, applications, mobile, VoIP telephony, audio visual and facilities.
• Administrate workstations with PowerShell 4.0. Write and execute commands.
• Update SharePoint production data with SQL Server Management Studio 2016 query scripts.
• Fine-tune, test, customize, update, troubleshoot workstation builds and application settings.
• Manage workstation and software upgrade projects. Maintain project deadlines.
• Research and implement solutions to unresolved software and hardware issues.
• Utilize ServiceNow (ITIL) for incident and problem ticket research and resolution
• Maintain, update and improve OneNote knowledgebase and software licensing documentation.
Hennepin County Minneapolis, Minnesota
Desktop Support Specialist Tier II November 2013 –February 2015
• Troubleshoot and resolve escalated software and hardware issues.
• Assist Information Security and Developers and business line support with long-term solutions.
• Train users on proper use of Windows 7 laptops, and upgraded applications.
• Project work upgrading workstations from XP to Windows 7 company-wide.
• Wireless device troubleshooting and configuration.
• Serve as liaison between end users and business line IT staff.
• Enforce company technology policies.
Infotree - Eaton Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Infrastructure Support Contractor September 2013 – November 2013
Administer VPN and wireless support, remote site support and connectivity troubleshooting.
Manage, workstation documentation and tracking with ITSM product Remedy.
Manage workstation software updates and patching with Microsoft SCCM.
Administer workstations using NetIQ DRA AD administrator. Run reports.
Upgrade workstations operating systems, edit and manage BIOS settings.
Manage workstation inventory and data transfers.
Administer CutePDF, Outlook, Communicator and CAD applications support.
U.S. Bancorp / Syncada LLC Minneapolis, Minnesota
Infrastructure Engineer / Project Coordinator/ IT Generalist November 1998– August 2013
Application, desktop, server, remote workstation and telephony support.
Lead project coordinator telephony site conversion projects, vendor contact, schedule meetings.
Support development lab created by Hyper –V on 47 hosts with 698 virtual servers.
Perform VPN and wireless support, remote site support and connectivity troubleshooting.
Install, configure, maintain and repair PC, laptop, server, printer and video equipment.
Troubleshoot connectivity issues on routers, switches, LAN/WAN, PC, server, printer, LAN.
Re-image PC’s using DOS tools, image batch files, Ghost, Winserver, CMF, AD, Marimba, Internet, PXE builds and using physical media.
Perform connectivity troubleshooting on circuits through the MPOP, punch-blocks and WAO’s.
SKILLS: ITIL, PowerShell 4.0, Outlook, SQL Server Management Studio 2016, SharePoint, Cisco AnyConnect, BitLocker, OneNote, DameWare, Cisco Jabber, Duo Security, Active Directory, Windows, VoIP support, mobile and tablet support, executive support, eCentaurus, Avaya One-X, Microsoft Office, ServiceNow, Symantec, Loom, Norton, TrendMicro, ITSM.
EDUCATION: Augsburg College - Minneapolis, Minnesota. MBA, International Business. August 2013.
Augsburg College - Minneapolis, Minnesota. BA, International Business, MIS, German. May 1994.
Minneapolis Community & Technical College – Minneapolis, Minnesota. Spanish, Portuguese.
St Mary’s University – Minneapolis, Minnesota. Project Management, Finance 2005 – 2006.
CERTIFICATIONS: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Novell CNE and Novell CNA v4 and 5.
VOLUNTEER Eden Prairie school district #272, various schools and functions 2005 – 2018
ACTIVITIES: Feed My Starving Children 2005 – 2018
Knollwood Christian church trustee, missions committee, mission trips 2003 – 2018
Eden Prairie high school, career roundtable speaker 2015 – 2018
The Colony at Eden Prairie, assisted living 2017
Matter (health recycling non-profit) 2017
Eden Prairie high school, intramural soccer referee 2016 – 2017
Samaritan’s Purse, Operation Christmas Child package assembly 2014 – 2015
Project for Pride in Living 2014 – 2015
Eden Prairie Soccer Club, Eden Prairie Soccer Association 2011 – 2012
Habitat for Humanity, US Bank’s A Brush with Kindness program 2003 – 2011
SUPPORTED Netware 4.11 and Netware 5.x, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, DOS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95
SOFTWARE: Windows 98, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10, Lotus Notes, MS Office versions 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Internet Explorer, Ghost, McAfee, Norton’s antivirus, AT&T Unix, SCO Unix, Winserver, Active Directory, Visual Studio 6.0, IIS, CMF, Marimba, EPHD, Mcafee Endpoint encryption, Cisco optical and Ethernet Catalyst series routers, fiber cabling, Infloblox, SharePoint, Softoken and hard token support, Juniper VPN, Cisco AnyConnect VPN, PXE build, SRSS, Blackberry,Team Foundataion Server, Shoreware Director, Entrust, Agile, NER and MPOP, punchblock and WAO support, Hyper –V on development lab, NER support, Dameware, tablet support, NetIQ DRA AD administrator, ITSM, Remedy, Ycopy, Treesize, Skype, SCCM, PowerShell 2.0 and 4.0, OneNote, Cisco Jabber, Outlook, Exchange, SSMS 2016, BitLocker, Publisher, WEP, WPA support, SonicWall VPN, Audio Visual support, ITIL, Duo Security, eCentaurus, Avaya one-x, VoIP, PC Anywhere.