Sandy O. Anya
Seeking to obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong interpersonal, organizational, communicative skills to work well with others. Constantly motivated to excel in anything that I begin and master new skills. I enjoy learning new skills regardless of experience. Overall I enjoy challenging opportunities where I can fully use my skills for the success of the organization as well as myself.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ Graduation-January 2018
School of Arts & Science
Major: Biological Sciences
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
Dean’s List: 2014, 2016, 2017
Completed-123 Academic Credits
B1G Ten All-Conference Academic Team: 2015 & 2016
Member of NSCS
MiddleSex County College, Edison, NJ 2013-2014
Dean's List: 2013, 2014
Cumulative GPA of 3.5
Franklin High School, Class of 2013
Genetics, Genetics Lab Physics I & II, Physics Lab I & II, General Chemistry I & II General Chemistry Lab I &II Organic Chemistry I & II, Organic Chemistry Lab
Biology I & II, Biology Lab, Basic Stats for Research, Extinction, Immunology, Animal Behavior, Ornithology, ETC.
● Physics- Learned about time Dilation, how two people can read different times on a clock when one person is traveling near the speed of light.
● Physics- Learned about the structure of an atom, and why electrons are easily knocked out of atom where as protons are not.
● Biology Lab- Discovered how to amplify DNA from an organism of interest using PCR(Polymerase Chain Reaction).
● Genetics- Learned how to determine if there are any similarities between human genome, and different species of Ape using genomic libraries.
● Immunology- Learned about the many responses the body has in order to fight of pathogens. Also learned about septic shock and how it is caused by the accumulation of cytokines, chemokines, and leukocytes.
Mack Staffing – Verona, NJ 2013-2014
● Was very flexible in showing up anywhere I was needed. Worked with a team of people, as well as managing many other team members tables, and attending to their guests.
Café Alfredo – New Brunswick, NJ Summer 2013
● Used communication, time management, and delegation skills to provide guest with best possible experience
University Pain Management Center- Somerset, NJ Summer 2016
● Shadowed Dr. Didier Demesmin. Was able to sit in on procedures conducted at the facility. Was Coached by Dr. Desmin on patient history and previous visits.
Research In Biology Summer 2017
● Conducting Research on the effects of Greywater On Plant Growth and the Harvest Index with Dr. Albert Ayeni(Africa Regional Programs Coordinator at Rutgers' School of Environmental and Biological Sciences and Associate Director of the Global Institute for Bio Exploration-Africa).
Be Well Family Practice- Somerset, NJ Summer 2017
● Currently Learning about some of the medications, answering phone calls and signing patients in. As well as Assisting doctors as needed.
Avid-(AVID is a program that is designed to help those students who are in the middle of their academic class).
● Served as a tutor/counselor for 20+ students.
●Assisted in the study of: Pre-calculus, Algebra, Geometry, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
The Reeds At Shelter Haven Summer 2018
●Served As a Waiter for Water Star Grille, a high end outside restaurant.
●Used interpersonal skills to provide guests with great experiences.
Rutgers Football Team September 2014 – 2017
● Over 25 hours dedicated to athletics and training, while balancing a full course load majoring in biological sciences with a 3.5 GPA
● Over 30 hours dedicated to academics
● Received Extra help in the Math and sciences
● Accepted into the Access Med Phase 1 program towards medical school at Robert Wood Johnson
● Elijah’s Promise Soup Kitchen
● Odasis Summer volunteer( Assisted many new students in acclimatizing to their new life at Rutgers, as well as helping them move all items into dorms).
● Key Club
● Junior Achievement(Traveled to Franklin Park School, and served as a third grade teacher for the day).
● Veterans Home 2016
● Special Olympics 2016
● Greenhouse Certification
● Problem Solving
● Writing and Communication
● Working as a Team Player
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite Programs
● Knowledge of various lab techniques ranging from data collection and analysis to PCR
● Highly Motivated