IT and Program portfolio Manager
Over 15 years’ success leading project management, application management, and business innovation for high-growth organizations
Accomplished and solutions-focused professional with robust expertise of leveraging technical expertise to evaluate requirements and architecting solutions for business processes and infrastructures, and leading business-critical initiatives for clients across healthcare, financial services and retail industry. Passionate manager with proven ability to thrive in demanding environments that require special attention to timelines, commitments, and budget. Highly skilled team leader and manager, with an aptitude to adapt to very diverse and demanding global environments while providing leadership in all phases of complex and technical projects.
Highlights of Expertise
IT Project and Program Management
ERP (Financial, human resource and manufacturing) Selection and Implementation
Vendor Evaluation and Selection
Stage Gate Governance and Compliance Process
Long-term Business Relationship Management
Infrastructure, data center, network and security project management
Master data management, data warehouse and business intelligence – big data
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Agile transformation and program/project management in an agile environment
Resource Planning and Allocation
Portfolio Management and Roadmap Planning
Organizational Change Management
Cross-functional Team Building and Leadership
Project management toolset (Clarity, Primavera, MS Project)
LOWE’S COMPANIES Inc., SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER / PROGRAM MANAGER (2015 to Present)
Spearheaded a team of 30 individuals to initiate an organizational Military recognition program with a high volume revenue of more than $250M; handled a budget of over $8M with a strong emphasis on project planning, risk mitigation, and change management.
Lead all aspects of IT project management, solutions and resource management, and stage gate governance / compliance process. Determine business and technology needs, and negotiate project deliverables and costing for services within the IT function and across the organization. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools, including clarity and MS project. Manage standardization and normalization of 200+ million customer records by executing large data cleansing initiatives; establish a program to sell service and labor (non-product) data. Function in conjunction with cross-functional team to provide functionality across customer system and services platform; introduce change management for consolidation of duplicate customer records across systems. Collaborate with learning and development team to develop training track for IT project management position, and conceptualize IT project management Boot Camp. Experience working in a highly independent and matriedx environment, coordinating across multiple sites, functions, and time zones.
Successfully planned and launched a new online capability to sell installation services which enable the company to sell 2200 appointments, resulted in 300+ flooring jobs with installations for more than $5M of revenue.
Managed portfolio of projects with shared resources that needed cross prioritization. Managed business & IT relationships to ensure clear communication and understanding on progress and priority of all IT related projects. Responsible for balancing project portfolio demands with resource supply based on strategy and prioritization. Provides meaningful portfolio metrics to drive decision making process. Owns portfolio of projects, supports portfolio reporting, metrics and dashboards to various stakeholders and executive leaders. Responsible for capacity planning, identifying IT costs and staffing requirements, recommendations on trade-offs. Partners with Finance and Stakeholders to identify ROI/financial projections. Works with resource managers to effectively align resources across projects based on resource capacity & forecast analysis. Facilitates project scoring / prioritization and business cases review meetings with all stakeholders and executive leadership. Provides guidance on business case development & project intake process. Provides recommendations to PMs for sequencing approved project pipeline based on strategic direction. Creates and delivers presentations that focus on key strategies, tactics, deliverables and financial projections
oFacilitates post-project benefits realization with business sponsors upon projects/programs completion
oIdentifies & ensures implementation of project portfolio metrics, reporting, and dashboards capturing weekly, monthly, and accumulative trending.
oResponsible for portfolio reporting/financials, trending and communications, ensuring project teams, stakeholders, and management are properly informed through specific channels providing consistent standards and visibility with reporting tools and dashboards.
oDevelops relationships at all levels of the organization, acting as a trusted partner.
Headed and delivered a major GDSN product data system upgrade to effect all global retailers and vendors that utilize any product data; strengthened professional working relationship to identify and resolve complex issues related to code quality.
Secured 9 projects through 30+ gates within a duration of 28 months, and acted as a SME to streamline stage gate process.
Delivered security tokenization initiative that replaced legacy tokenization package with new software across multiple applications
Managed several Salesforce initiatives to standardize email delivery across all Lowes platforms
Directed effort to bring first cloud based solution to Lowes for Dynamics customer relationship management (CRM) System to replace Siebel platform
Led and delivered large data cleansing initiative that standardized and normalized over 200 million customer records.
Led infrastructure upgrade and new infrastructure project initiatives
CONTRACTOR/CONSULTANT (2010 to 2015)
Lorillard Tabaco, Inc., Project Manager, Greensboro, NC
Developed and executed a global IT quality compliance system to plan a validation program of more than 180 GxP relevant systems.
Synchronized with development team to gain insight into legacy architecture, meet business requirements, and implement new web based architecture to ensure scalability and sustainability of new solutions.
Managed a global team across Asia, Europe, America to launch new truck fleet analytics platform to indicate geolocations and predict engine and vehicle faults prior to the vehicles break down.
Led computer system validation projects for both new and existing (retrospective validations) software application systems.
Volvo Trucks, Volvo Telematics Group, Project Manager, Greensboro, NC
Proactively functioned as a project manager for telematics fleet management system for North America Volvo Group Telematics.
Delivered hands-on leadership and support for project management of systems to support back office functionalities for Volvo remote diagnostics, telematics and aftermarket soft product offerings. Actively involved in system migration from a mainframe legacy system backend to a service layer web application.
Headed all aspects of project management from initial assessment to final delivery, including project planning and tracking, budget handling, resource allocation, and project timelines and milestones management.
Acted as a project manager for TGW2 project which included telematics, infrastructure and networking components and a wide range of work streams which required resource allocation across work streams to shift to changing business needs and priorities.
United Guaranty, AIG, Senior Enterprise Program Manager, Greensboro, NC
Updated an integral legacy system to provide policy issuance, underwriting, and claims support to comply with industry regulations.
Managed business timelines and business needs by developing long-term business relationships and leading projects for large central application. Proposed and implemented new web based technologies to meet business needs and ensure scalability and sustainability for future. Defined project scope in conjunction with senior leadership, and created a detailed work plan to identify and structure the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
Translated business priorities and requirements into technical scope and system needs to drive application architectures.
Presented solutions to the business with costs, implementation times, risks, and benefits for changing technical solutions.
HANESBRANDS, SENIOR MANAGER IT, Winston Salem, NC (2008-2010)
Developed and initiated change management development strategies for large IT organization by identifying organizational need, which included creation of in house classes, bringing classes in, and delivering training to both small and large groups.
Spearheaded an organization to create training materials and oversee remote training with certification testing for all delivery methods, including instructor guidance, and web based / live meeting training. Introduced change management best practices framework, including communication and organizational strategies, business process reengineering, change impact analysis, and pre-and post-go live training on new systems and business processes. Planned and allocated technical, business, and contractor resources to meet integrated completion dates while reporting to executive VPs on project status and complex problems.
Secured multi-million-dollar revenue and net margin sales increase by project manager for company and system wide price increase - first company wide price increase in over 100 years of business.
Integrated silos across IT organization to develop a strategic framework for personal development via corporate training including goal definition, strengths, and opportunities such as metrics creation and goal measurement.
Fannie Mae, Senior Project Manager, Washington D.C. (2004 – 2008)
Enabled the company to bring new product offering to sell to the market by consolidating systems and tight project management and securities knowledge -
• Project manager for major project utilizing Mysis Summit product. Responsible for managing the development, delivery and ongoing support for Capital Markets projects from inception to implementation. Responsibilities include project management, implementation, maintenance, and user support of trading systems, including needs analysis, project planning, requirements specifications, and analysis, testing, and training. Responsible for managing several projects related to our financial systems for issuing short term and long term debt and derivatives.
• Project Management of several work streams which required resource allocation across work streams to shift to changing business needs and priorities
• Responsible for all project management, project tracking and monitoring, including the development of standard tools, methodologies and project metrics.
• Responsible for leading a team that partners with IT functions to prioritize projects and initiatives as well as act as a liaison to these groups.
• Manage requirements, tasks and deliverables for a project that allows straight through processing of financial systems from internal systems to external dealer’s systems using a FIX engine increasing short term note sales by approximately 10 million dollars
Led initiative to bring up new data center disaster recovery location with multiple hardware, infrastructure and networking components
• Gathered and documented requirements for a long-term securities pricing engine that would be utilized by external dealers to price callables, bullets and other long term securities.
• Support of system that issues long term securities, debt transaction application that issues short term notes via a thick client application and auction system that enables electronic auctions of short-term notes and long-term securities via the web.
• Responsible for managing and negotiating large, companywide IT hardware, software and services purchase initiatives. Saved 5-7% of a 100+ million dollar IT yearly budget
• Project manager and negotiation team member for several large IT hardware, software and services vendors.
• Evaluate contract terms, and ensure proper service level agreements are in place to mitigate risk. Work with business owners after contract signing to ensure contract terms are being fulfilled.
• Evaluation of current technology acquisition strategy team processes, and business process re-engineering to make certain processes are streamlined, effective and deliver value.
Human Genome Sciences, Inc., Senior System Analyst and Developer, Rockville, MD (2001-2004)
• Brought in large SAP initiative on time and on budget allowing company to get biopharma product to market faster
• Responsible for managing the development, delivery and ongoing support for HRIS projects from inception to implementation. Responsibilities include project management, implementation, maintenance, and user support of HRIS systems, including needs analysis, project planning, requirements specifications, and analysis, testing, and training.
University of Texas, Denton, Texas
MBA - ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT and Operations management
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
BA - Mathematics