SENIOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL
• Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish. Beginning level Portuguese. Financial Planning & Analysis
Commercial Support Manager
Business Development Partner
LATAM Regional Manager
Business Analytics Manager
Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst
• Solid background actively participating in the development of commercial alliances, supporting expansion efforts or incorporating new products and services.
• Solid international experience leading teams in financial and operational reporting efforts, supporting the executive team with accurate, fact-based insight driven by commercial and financial analysis.
Extensive Business and Operations experience guiding cross functional efforts to drive objective, efficient, and relevant analysis to support key business decisions.
• Good working knowledge of BI framework and Business Analytics tools.
• Proven track record of directing internal finance processes such as annual budgeting and forecasting, capital investment review, pricing, as well as supporting commercial teams in new business initiatives and negotiations.
• Demonstrated experience in Mergers & Acquisitions and Due Diligence processes. Regional Manager Ago. 201- Sept. 201
MILLICOM INTERNATIONAL LATAM Regional Office. Miami, FL
• Responsible for overseeing monthly financial reporting including variance, trends, forecasts and financial statement analysis for 5 BU’s across Latin America (Consolidation, analysis and reporting).
• Driving value through leadership and direction for in-country analysis team, improving reporting processes while developing key insights to facilitate and support business decisions.
• Managed annual budget process, incorporating business objectives, economic trends, and overall operational targets while ensuring alignment with overall company strategic goals.
• Main point of contact between HQ Senior managers and local commercial teams as it pertained to numerous initiatives focused on cost control, improved performance and/or profitability.
• Conducted complex analysis and produced financial models to assist in investment decisions.
• Participated in negotiations with vendors, reviewing contracts, building financial projections, identifying opportunities, risks and providing insight to safeguard the company’s interests. Regional Finance Manager LATAM Jan. 200 – Dec. 2013 TELEFONCA INTERNACIONAL S.A. Corporate HQ, Madrid
Controller – Client Services and Business Intelligence
• Served as regional finance partner for the deployment of a new regional BI program rolled-out across 12 mobile operators in Latin America; Annual consolidated budget 125 MM.
• Identified optimization opportunities as they pertained to the deployment of new Business Intelligence platform and how these would impact current and future business workflow and cash flow.
• Reviewed and approved Capital investment requests per procurement process requirements.
• Led reporting efforts of quarterly financial and operational data for the Client Services area.
• Responsible for facilitating and directing inputs from our subsidiaries in order to normalize PI definitions, scorecards and dashboards in order to support business objectives and strategy.
• Responsible for assisting 12 BU’s in the development, review and approval of their annual budget.
• Monitored and controlled performance of actuals versus budget.
• Reviewed and analyzed key drivers causing significant variances, determined root cause and identified appropriate corrective actions.
Business Consultant Nov 201 – Present
FIGEAR SPAIN www.fixgear.info Madrid
• Responsible of all finance related activities to ensure operational efficiency and profitability.
• Coordinated and reviewed external accounting agency to ensure accurate and timely month-end closing as well as supervising that tax reporting documents were properly prepared and up to date.
• Advised company president on a variety of business issues to identify risks and opportunities centered around improving business volume and results.
• Assist in other aspects of day-to-day operations including marketing, product delivery, digital strategy, supplier & distributor management among others. Regional Finance Manager LATAM
IESE Business School
Part of executive training, finished several
programs focused on Technology, the Internet
and overall Digital tendencies and strategy.
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California EEUU
Master Business Administration (MBA)
Finance and International Business
ESADE Business School
Semester abroad in conjunction with USC
Finance and International Business
California Polytechnic University
San Luis Obispo, California EEUU
B.S. Architectural Engineeering
Minor in Latin American Literature
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (cont.)
• Financial Analysis & Reporting
• Business Consulting
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Commercial Alliances
• Business Analytics
• Project Management
• Business Development
• Extensive experience in LATAM
• Detailed and analytical mindset
• Results oriented team leader
• Strong knowledge of BI platforms
and analytical software tools
• Fully Bilingual English / Spanish
• Collaborative and Insightful
Assistant Director Finance LATAM Abr. 1998 – Jun. 2000 WORLDSPACE AMERICAS Regional HQ Office, Miami, FL
• Served as regional controller for the Latin American Regional Office.
• Worked directly with the VP of Finance to establish offices in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Colombia.
• Implemented internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures in each country office.
• Consolidated and prepared monthly financial reports as required by HQ office in Washington D.C.
• Analyzed P&L variances and recommended cost saving measures to senior management.
• Provided direct support to the Business Development team in evaluating contract terms and presenting recommendations to mitigate any potential risks to the company. Financial Analyst LATAM May. 2000 – Ago. 2001
TELEFONCA MÓVILES USA. Regional HQ office, Miami, FL
• Responsible for drafting strategic initiatives and budgeting plans for 3 Central American operations.
• Worked directly with the Regional Director and other upper level executives in the definition and development of a five-year strategic plan and financial projections.
• Created valuation models and analyzed various merger and acquisition opportunities in the US, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
• Served as project leader of a multi-functional team that analyzed entering the Nicaraguan market through a PCS license auction.
• Coordinated with local counsel and regulator to prepare preliminary assessment reports of market conditions, identifying risks and opportunities for several projects. Senior Analyst M&A and Strategy LATAM Ago. 2001- Dec. 2005 TELEFÓNICA MOVILES S.A. Corporate HQ, Madrid
• Monitored and analyzed all wireless markets in Latin America in order to identify potential growth opportunities through acquisitions or JV ́s.
• Led cross functional teams (legal, IT, HR, Operations) in the design and development of new business case projections, valuation models, due diligence activities and contract negotiations.
• Responsibilities included building valuation models (DCF, NPV, comparable transactions, etc..) and elaborating different reports including competitive analysis, valuation benchmarking, and ad-hoc internal presentations as required by the CEO.
• Participated in what has been one of the most dynamic periods for M&A activity in Telefonica’s history. Acquisitions included; BellSouth Latam (9 countries – US$ 5.8 B), Pegaso (Mexico –US$1.9 B), TCO (Brazil US$1.2 B) among others.
• Served as liaison with the investor relations department, corporate finance and other relevant areas in drafting quarterly financial reports and other published materials related to our acquisitions. Senior Finance Partner – Business Development
• Supervised efforts between our JV partner (Master Card) and Telefónica ‘s BU’s in order to align objectives, prioritize resources and expedite deployment of a new Mobile Financial Services initiative with specific emphasis on commercial strategy definition and budget control.
• Supervised local BU ́s commercial teams to coordinate deployment efforts and control spending to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of the project.
• Managed BU’s/ JV relationship, prioritizing, resolving and escalating issues as needed in order to expedite efficient work-flow and avoid bottle-necks. Senior Analyst M&A and Strategy LATAM
CV GRB 2018 pg 2 of 2
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST