People-oriented, motivated professional seeking a position that will utilize experience in field of accounting. Emphasis in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger. Professional Experience
Juianna Poor Memorial Counseling Center at Houston’s First Baptist Church 01/2016-08/2016 Administrative Assistant/Accounting Assistant
● Administrative duties included answering phones, helping clients make appointments, set up new clients, reminder calls, greeting clients and check them in for their appointments, helped clients fill out required paperwork to compliance with HIPPA law, and helped other co-workers including the counselors with what they needed.
● Accounting duties included processing payment to clients accounts, balancing payments before handing over to next shift, helping clients with billing issues, doing expense reports for counselors, and doing spread sheets for HBU students for billing purposes. Blohm Voss Oil Tools, LLC, Houston, TX 11/2012–04/2015 Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivables Clerk
• AP - Focused responsibility includes, coded freight invoices, matched purchase orders to receipts with additional match to vendor invoices, reconcile vendor statements, assure aging completed bi-monthly for timely check run, completed check run.
• Assisted payroll submission of time and/or pay issues between plants to corporate office.
• Completed reports for safety and to finalize production reports.
• Under AR arena – Main duties include keeping accounts receivable under 60 day threshold, resolved billing queries, completed collection calls, assure statements distributed to clients monthly, notified sales of payments received for cash before ship, posted monies received to customer accounts. Guardian Compliance/Seal Tech, Inc., The Woodlands, TX 2010-2012 Payroll Coordinator
• Processed bi-weekly payroll for 600 employees using the ADP Workforce Now program.
• Handled calls from employees for payroll issues, updated employees files with changes, handled general ledger uploads to Great Plains from ADP.
• Completed conversion from Great Plains payroll system to ADP system for over 600 employees and combined 4 companies into one PEO payroll system.
• Other duties included tracking of Cash Flow current for the company which includes 11 different bank accounts.
• Handled bank reconciliations for all operating accounts.
• Worked with A/R to resolve billing issues and to process audits from customers. C.E. Shepherd Co., LP, Houston, TX 1995–2010
Senior Accounting Clerk
• Processed required paperwork for billing invoices, including posting payments to customer accounts.
• Handled client complaints and administer credits as needed.
• Prepared AP paperwork including three way matching, coding, and entering vouchers into system.
• Completed AP aging for check run and check organization.
• Other duties include but not limited to sales tax reports, expense reports, commissions, reconciliation respective general ledger accounts and support switchboard.
Ultimate Medical Academy, Diploma in Medical Billing and Coding North Harris County College, Houston, TX Major Accounting 28 Hours; 32 Hours Total Credit Westfield High School, Houston, TX Graduate (diploma) - major in vocational business Christine Smith
2114 Stoneycreek Park, Conroe, TX 77385 Phone 281-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
• Type 60 wpm Accounting (Receivable, Payables, and Payroll)
• Office 2010 (Word/Excel) - advance
• Max Accounting Package
• Outlook 2010 (email/scheduling) - advance
• ADP Payroll systems/Workforce Now - advanced
• Filing, Copying, Faxing, Data Entry, Telephones
• Value Net Portal System
• Internet/MSN Explorer 11.0 - expert
• Dynamics Accounting/Great Plains Program – advanced
• Chrome – expert
• Ultipro Payroll System - advanced
• Ten Key By Touch - expert
• Macola Accounting Program - advanced
• ABAS Account System - advanced