I’m Vera F. Thompson
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Fastidious and compassionate nurse with experience in corrections providing diligent health care to patients with both physical and mental health needs. Responsible self-starter who communicates and listens intently. Maintains the ability to act calmly, swiftly, and safely to provide first-aid in emergency situations.
June 2018 - PRESENT
Centennial Correctional Facility, Canon City, CO - Corrections LPN
● Monitored patient progress and responded to medical emergencies.
● Accomplished interventions, assessments, and administered medications to inmates.
● Perform wound care, obtain labs and cultures to send out for processing.
● Promoted a therapeutic environment to ensure patients treated in ethical manner.
● Educate patients and correctional staff on various disease processes. November 2016 - PRESENT
Riverbend Maximum Security Institution, Nashville, TN - Corrections LPN
● Obtain and interpret vital signs and accurately record documentation in patient files.
● Execute appropriate risk-assessment as well as mitigation and de-escalation strategies.
● Ensured that patient privacy was upheld in accordance with state/federal regulations.
● Monitored medical supplies and ensured that medications were properly secured.
● Perform hourly assessments and circulation checks on patients in restraints.
● Responsible for training new nursing staff and orient to policies and procedures.
● Assisted Medical Director and Nurse Practitioners in various procedures and treatments. Education
August 2018 - Present
Pikes Peak Community College, Colorado Springs, CO - Associate’s Degree September 2013 - March 2015
Concorde Career College, San Diego, CA - LVN Certification, Diploma References