EDWARD ARONG NGOBI
firstname.lastname@example.org / Mobile: +974-********
Position applying for: Senior Safety / HSE Manager Profile: Over 10 years working experience (8 in Qatar) in health and safety (HSE) with above 3 years working as Senior HSE Officer (HSE Supervisor) for a highway construction project
(Ashghal project), over 2 years as Marine safety engineer for a marine construction project (Port of Ras Laffan, Qatar Petroleum project), 3 years as HSE officer in buildings, roads, live plants, factories, workshops and facility management project and 2 years structural projects, industry and manufacturing works. Also have knowledge in security, administering basic first aid and fire fighting. CAR
Useful skills include:
Good knowledge in traffic
management, traffic diversion and
traffic diversion plans (TDPs), road
closures and road opening.
Good knowledge in Trainings,
identifying training needs, training
evaluations, safety inductions,
toolbox talk, Filing/ documentations
Doing site inspections and providing
cost effective and timely corrective
actions by written or verbal reports.
Able to prepare emergency
procedures (EP) and conduct
emergency evacuation plan, drills
Good knowledge on the integration
of health and safety management,
Environmental management and
Quality management systems into an
integrated management system
1. Buzwair Engineering and Contracting Doha, Qatar Date: March 2015 to present
Position Held: Senior HSE Officer/ HSE Supervisor
Page 2 of 6
I. Road Improvement works for junctions and roundabouts in various areas of greater Doha – Phase 6(QIS495)
Project included the improvement and widening of Road and Drainage systems, transformation of roundabouts to signals, traffic diversion, asphalt works and road markings in New Salata Street and Qatar University Street. Client: Ashghal consultant: ITAL CONSULT
II. Road and infrastructure development for government residential division south of wukair package2A
Project included grading, excavation, cutting, shifting of cut materials, Road and Drainage Systems Networks.
Client: Ashghal (PWA), PMC: PARSONS, Consultant: AECOM III. Construction of road network around Workers’ Hospital and integrated Health Center Ras Laffan.
Project included construction of road network around the hospital, asphalt works, road marking, underground utilities and Drainage Systems. Position held: Health and Safety manager.
This was a six months project with 200 manpower. I performed all duties of HSE manager, submitted all reports directly to clients.
As an HSE supervisor/Senior HSE Officer, 10 safety personnel were under my supervision who were in turn directly responsible for the safety of 50 persons each making a total of 500 workers in the area. My duties was to ensure that the safety personnel perform the duties fully and with diligent. 1. Facilitates the settings, policies formation, Planning, implementations, monitoring, evaluations and management review of the total HSE management system BS OHSAS 18001:2007 of both new and existing sites to compile with all national and international laws, best practices, SOPs, projects/clients specific requirements. All these help us to meet up with our “Zero Harm Policy” and provide us a tool in integrating with other management systems (Quality and Environmental) through an integrated management system (IMS). Our company maintain and ISO certificate renewable every 3 years. 2. Preparing of project HSE Plan, MTS, Lifting plan, Risk assessments, SOPs, time keeping systems(TMS), compliancy policies, Hazards analysis, guidelines, HSE goals and Page 3 of 6
expectations for the project, effective team building, organisation charts and reporting procedures.
3. Delivery of safety induction for new employees, task specific training, toolbox talk, HSE training, training matrix, fire/evacuations drills for both senior/office staffs and site personnel. Identify training needs, do training evaluations. Proper documentations of all training and filing.
4. Collection of all daily HSE reports forms, checklists, inspection reports etc and compile it into a single report for onward transmission to management directly or through HSE manager.
5. Preparation and submittal of weekly/monthly/quarterly/ annual HSE statistical reports to management/clients using mathematical tools (pie chart, bar charts, graphs etc) to illustrate/evaluate the effect of our implemented HSE programs. Therefore we are able to identify areas of success and failure so we are able to improve on our failures. This is a continuous process helping us to achieve our “Zero Harm policy”. 6. Sitting in for HSE manager when he is off duty, out of site, sick leave or yearly vacation. In smaller projects (subcontractor work eg Ras Laffan work), I performed the duties of HSE manager. In such situations, I fully preform all duties as required either by management or clients. Thereby performing the deputy manager duties on project basis. 7. Planning departmental weekly/monthly HSE meetings, progress meeting taking minutes, attendance, suggestions and need for improvement. Prepare and submit reports to management through HSE manager.
8. Attend kick off meetings, progress meetings, quarterly meetings, evaluation meetings and annual meetings both internal and with external personnel. Presenting safety moments in such meetings.
9. Regular reviewing of the HSE plan(S), RA, JSA, MST, SOPs and giving feed back to HSE manager for updates as the working conditions, weather, people, work procedures and tools keep changing. We maintain a dynamic risk assessment throughout the project. 10. Respond to client/consultant observations, inspections report, site walkthrough, suggestions and NCR on timely manner with corrective actions, corrective actions plans to prevent reoccurrence with pictures.
11. Drawing and implementation of traffic diversion plans TDPs, updating TDP, making of new TPD, coordinating with police/government authorities to authorized closure/opening of roads 12. Conducting HSE departmental/section internal audit. Prepare and compile the integrated management System (IMS) requirements for ISO and/or client audit I also Represent Company during these audits. Re certification assessment of ISO certificates is done every three years and a yearly surveillance audit is required to maintain the certificate. While client audits are done as per the duration of the projects. Page 4 of 6
2. Archirodon Construction (Overseas) CO.SA with Nakilate/ Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd (NKOM),
Date: Feb 2013 – March 2015
Position Held: HSE Engineer (Offshore/Onshore)
i. EPIC of Civil and MEPI Works (Phase 2A) for Erhama Bin Jaber Al Jalahma Shipyard.
(Port of Ras Laffan, Qatar).
Project scope: The project included the construction of pier 2A and access ramp, piling works, cathodic protection, painting system, pile plugs, shear keys diving, marine navigation aids installations, construction of a substation, installation of protective covers for service pipes, and installation of steel frames in the dry duck. Client: Qatar Petroleum QP
Site Owner: NAKILAT - KEPPEL Offshore and Marine Ltd (NKOM) Job Responsabilités:
1. Implementation and review of the integrated management system in line with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 Standards. 2. Facilitates the implementation of the QHSE Plans ensuring that all operations meet with local and international legislations, SOPs, company policies, clients and project specific requirements.
3. Preparing site Emergency Layout Plan and Procedures, training and maintenance of emergency equipment, exit routes and conducting of mock/fire drills quarterly. 4. Conducting internal audit and make recommendations during management review meetings based on audit observation and findings. Also assist in documents preparation of pre/external audit.
5. Facilitates in carrying out Hazard identification, RA, control measures, Job Safety Analysis & Environmental Aspect & Impact assessment. 6. Assist in setting Health and Safety management program and monitoring the performance.
7. Advising on continual improvement strategies, compliance to legal requirements, Clients Policies and Procedures.
8. Inspect first aid and fire fighting equipment, performing First Aid treatments and fire fighting on emergency situations, daily pre task briefing, weekly toolbox talks, organised Safety Meetings/talks.
Page 5 of 6
9. Involving barge Superintendent / Plant Managers on the development of suitable local hazard controls measures to ensure ownership, emergency contact personnel, and emergency command system protocol and intervention procedures 10. Conducting equipment inspections (Vessel/ Marine plant Maintenance Equipment Inspection) ensuring that they follow the onshore and offshore Vessel Permit to Work System
11. Assist in implementing environmental protections strategies and action plans like waste collections, waste segregation, provision of spill kids, provision and maintenance of welfare facilities, fuel refilling, emergency response to spillage etc. so as to protect marine environment and to avoid water pollution.
3. Seashore Engineering and Contracting
Al Khor, Qatar
Jan 2011 to Feb 2013
Position held: HSE officer
I was Safety in charge of Mechanical/fabrication workshops, carpentry workshops, weighing station, galvanization plant and labour camps. 1. Ensure the use of task specific/general PPE on all works in and around the workshops by every person involved in the task.
2. Inspections of workshops equipment identifying potential causes of fire, electrical shocks, slip and trips, falls, falling objects, noise, stroke by etc, all potential hazards. 3. Ensure all relevant trainings and proper documentations (permits, MST, plans, checklists) are done before the start of any task. 4. Ensure availability of First aid kits and Fire extinguishers on site and ensuring that every ones actions to take on emergency situations.
5. Provision of safety related signage and posters are available through the workshops/sites. In multi languages.
4. Cameroon Development Cooperation Plc.
July 2008 – Oct 2012
Position held: HSSE Site aid/assistance
Job Responsibilities :
1. Investigate and advise on any legal requirements affecting safety, health and welfare. 2. Supervise the recording and analysis of information on injuries, damage and production loss, assess accident trends and review overall safety performances. Page 6 of 6
3. Identify the training needs and the competency factor of the site personnel. 4. Conduct training as per program and maintain attendance records. 5. Conducting weekly audit of site and sending report to job related HOD for rectification. 6. Preparing Sign Boards & Banners regarding safety. Education and Training.
1) Nebosh International Diploma (Nebosh Idip) UK, in progress 2) Nebosh International General Certificate (Nebosh IGC) UK, 2013 3) Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely, 2013 4) Work Zone Traffic Management, 2016
5) Basic First AID and CPR
6) Fire fighting and BLS/AED
7) Fire Marshall from DISS Doha
8) BSc in Chemistry from Cameroon, 2011
9) General Certificate of Education (GCE Advanced Level Certificate) from Cameroon, 2007 Other HSE Training from OSHAcademy, USA
1. Occupational Safety and Health professional (OSHA 132 hrs) 2. Occupational Safety and Health Manager
3. Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
4. Occupational Safety and health Supervisor
5. Occupational Safety and Health Trainer( Train- The-Trainer) 6. Safety and health Committee/leader
7. Safety and health Committee/team Member
1. Technical Member, Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (TechIosh) 2. Associate Member, International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM) Languages: English: spoken and written - Fluent
French: spoken and written - Intermediate level
Computer: Microsoft office (word, excel, and outlook): Good Transferable visa