Pleasant Hill, CA, *****
• 10 years of experience in administration software, hardware, client-server application.
• Strong experience in administration of Linux/UNIX operating system using command line.
• Seeking to use proven problem solving skills to improve performance of IT infrastructure.
• Quick learner, Detail-Oriented, flexible person with great analytical skills.
• Self-motivated, work well in a team as well as independently, excellent communicator.
• Authorized to work in United States for any employer.
Operating systems: Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, MS Windows
Virtualization: VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, KVM
Hardware: Cisco UCS, HP, Supermicro
Storage systems: Hitachi, EMC VNX, HP EVA/MSA, Cisco UCS Invicta
Kazpost Almaty, KZ 04/15 – 07/18
As a member of the system administrators team, I was responsible for the high availability and fault tolerance of Linux servers and storage systems.
• Administered RedHat, CentOS (6.x, 7.x) Linux servers, including installation, configuration, patching and updating packages of operating systems.
• Maintained virtual Infrastructure VMWare vSphere (5.5, 6.0), including deployment ESXi, LUNs presenting, fiber channel SAN zoning.
• Deployed open source software such as Apache Web Server, FTP, Squid proxy, myCloud.
• Installed, configured operating systems and packages, managed user and group permissions using Ansible playbooks.
• Deployed the test environment and isolated processes using Docker containers.
• Automated backups and process execution using simple Python, Bash scripts.
• Implemented remote access through SSH with RSA public keys, which increased security and eliminated the risk of losing the access password.
• Monitoring system Zabbix was used and managed for quick response on issues in production environment.
• Worked in collaboration with Databases administrators, Developers and Quality Assurance to ensure timely assignments completion.
BCC LLC Almaty, KZ 10/11 – 03/15
Provided technical support for the implementation of projects from scratch to the delivery of the solution to the production environment.
• Deployed, configured, managed Linux servers as manually as using Kickstart.
• Migration of databases from the file version to the Client-Server platform was implemented, which reduced the load on the network and increased data reliability.
• Performed migration servers from hardware to VMWare virtual environment which ensured the scalability of the infrastructure and the uniform distribution of capacities.
• Experienced with installing and configuring HTTP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SAMBA, OpenSSH, NFS, firewall management.
• Managed user accounts, groups, access lists for ensure security of data.
• Installed and configured LAMP stack servers using Yum repositories and RPM packets.
• Configured RAID (0, 1, 5 levels), virtual disks, LUNs, multipathing in storage systems.
• Managed disk partitions using LVM tool, configured mount points in Linux environment.
Trust Service Almaty, KZ 07/08 – 09/11
I provided technical support and worked collaboratively with Network, Database and Application administrators.
• Deployed, configured, managed RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu Linux servers using YUM, APT and RPM packages.
• Managed of Linux users, groups, directories and file permissions for NFS and FTP access.
• Configured the disks capacity and file systems using LVM, fdisk, gdisk.
• Administered network environments using TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Proxy.
• Configured firewall permissions and rules in accordance security requirement.
• Installed, configured, supported storage systems including replacement hard disks, fiber channel links connection, creation virtual disks, presentation LUNs, zoning on SAN switches.
Unix/Linux, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Tomcat, proxy, squid, samba, LDAP, LAMP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, BIND, LVM, cron, systemd, firewall, iptables, fdisk, fstab, VMWare, ESXi, Vagrant, Docker, KVM, Zabbix, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, TAR, rsync, fdisk, perted, SAN, CIFS, NFS, YUM, RPM, SSH, Bash, Shell, CLI.
2001 - 2007
AIPET Almaty, KZ
Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications