Dustin Thornton email@example.com
Experienced supervisor of 24/7 and sometimes remote team of NOC and helpdesk personnel. Focused on customer relationships (“the customer is part of the solution”) and continuous team improvement. Over a decade of experience developing customer support teams. Training, discipline, analysis, and communication are the cornerstones of an effective team.
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas 5/2013 - present Data Center Operations Supervisor
Responsible for the 24/7 monitoring and maintenance of two data centers. Train and supervise team of six full-time Data Center Operations Specialists.
● Develop training and performance reports for a team of 6 24/7 NOC personnel
● Developing and maintaining inventory control processes
● Responsible for hiring and discipline of my team
● Escalation for call center and data center problems Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas 9/2012 - 4/2013 Data Center Operations Specialist II
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of server, storage, networking equipment, and facilities of a data center, approximately 100 servers.
● Train new staff on repairing server and storage hardware.
● Mentor existing staff of 7 and create reports for management to ensure continuous improvement
● Develop operational procedures and workplace standards. Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas 10/2007 - 9/2012 Computer Operations Supervisor II
Responsible for commissioning, maintenance, and repair of enterprise server and storage equipment. Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling 24/7 8-12 member part-time staff. Providing after hours help desk coverage.
● Hire, train, and discipline 24/7 call center and NOC staff
● Develop and maintain process and operational documentation.
● Create reports and develop performance standards for staff Skills
Server and storage hardware repair Computer hardware repair Firmware/driver troubleshooting Cherwell ITSM
Process documentation Inventory control
Windows, Linux, Android OSes Microsoft Excel
Customer service Leadership
Sam Houston State University
Bachelor of Arts in History 2002, minor in Computing Science