Software Support Analyst Data Analyst Business Analyst Project Manager Developer Blockchain Evangelist
787-***-**** email@example.com LinkedIn
Business Analysis IT Project Management Data Analyst Cloud Computing Programming System Administration Technical Support Needs Assessment Team Trainings Snapshot: Leverage technical and business perspectives to drive technology solutions and achieve optimum efficiency, productivity, profitability and compliance for the organization while supporting top management in decision-making processes as well as strategy development and short/long term plans.
Independent Consultant Services
Business Analyst Application Support Analyst Developer June 2005 – Present Provided technology support, consulting and other services including database management (MS SQL), application support analyst, business analysis, project management, advisory for technology systems acquisitions and technical support to clients: government agencies, academic institutions, tourism, hospitality and retail, among others. Supervised up to five associates.
• Developed and support an e-commerce platform for several clients: http://www.gcsscorppr.com and http://www.pomarrosacoffeelodge.com.
• Tax Application Support: Tax Consulting Firm Call Center
• Reengineered processes for a retail software sales company: developed standards, policies and store procedures. Projection: 30% in efficiency improvements.
• Business Analyst role in several projects: process analysis; areas of opportunities; document creation; liaison with programmer. Methods used: System Development Life Cycle, AGILE and SCRUM.
• Managed and controlled budget; monitored schedules with MS Project.
• Established a reengineering and change management strategy for Taxes of PR, Inc.
• Identified gaps in reporting and data management capabilities.
• Translated business requirements into data architectures to align business goals.
• Created a comprehensive Project Plan (MS Project) outlining all tasks and deliverables supporting the data model development.
• As data analyst: collected and stored data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, linguistics, or other behaviors to ensure the quality and accuracy of that data, the process and design to support the decision-making process.
• Created a comprehensive Project Plan (MS Project) outlining all tasks and deliverables supporting the development of a data model.
• Contributed to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Participated in technical design and development activities.
• Resource for technology topics with Jaime González Corp.
Alexander Casañas Page 2
Metropolitan University, Puerto Rico
Project Manager Business Analyst Computer Science Professor August 2003 – Present
• Delivered Computer Science and MIS courses to five or six groups of 100+ undergraduate and graduate students per semester. (Database Design and Management MS SQL,JAVA, C++,ASP MVC,HTML,CSS and others)
• Project Manager for several onsite initiatives and other academic institutions.
• Developed systems for validations and proposals.
• Configured web system to showcase the musical history of Puerto Rico.
• Collaborated with the Photonics Institute to develop an application to demonstrate the effects of a laser on different surfaces; coauthored the publication.
• Technical Support Specialist: provide support for different implementation IT project on campus university.
• Project Manager: Campus Tree (Registration & Management Tree System): web-based application to track campus trees for accreditation of the Environmental Affairs Faculty. (MySQL Database)
• Co-founder of the Microsoft Mobile Innovation Lab.
• Monitored and assessed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Directed a pilot project to manage the tutoring services structure. (MySql)
• Project Manager for a pilot plan at the Arecibo Observatory: Designed systems with a five-instrument conglomerate into a single platform for public data access. Extracted, transformed and loaded data processes.
• Developed, delivered and support user training to hundreds of K-12 educators across Puerto Rico, teaching concepts in clear, nontechnical terms.
• Assigned as Interim Manager for the Business Incubator.
• Mentored several groups winning local tournaments for three consecutive years, later representing Puerto Rico in international programming competitions. (Microsoft Imagine Cup)
• Blockchain: technology evangelist in several colleges.
• Led project to integrate Microsoft technology as a Certified Microsoft Trainer.
• Contributed to key college initiatives in areas such as retention, diversity recruitment and technology integration across the curriculum
• Created and updated curricula.
• Selected as Academic Counselor for one year.
• Hosted two radio programs; resource for several grants.
• Participated in the General Competition Committee: 1st Year Immersion, Technology and Assessment.
• Fostered student development and academic achievement through the instruction of undergraduate courses including: Computer Programming I/II – Introduction to Web Development – Introduction to Database Design.
• Incorporated creative approaches and interactive tutorials into classroom and webinar instruction to heighten learner experiences, win over change-resistant users and improve post-training results.
• Helped faculty peers harness technology to enhance student learner access across multiple disciplines. Technologix
Developer Database Designer Business Analyst August 2002 – April 2005
• Collaborated and supported different technology projects for government agencies.
• Designed and developed a database application for a Tumoral Biology laboratory using Access and Visual Basic.
• Provided recommendations on data gathering and analysis.
• Reviewed and updated project plans; identified and resolved issues and completed project activities. Alexander Casañas Page 3
• Met with end users and clients to clarify and document all business requirements. Translated business requirements into data architectures aligning business goals.
• Extracted, transformed and uploaded (ETL) 500 Records.
• Created User Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Implemented business process reengineering and document management system.
• Followed up on clients and users to ensure completed specifications and requirements.
• Documented programming and testing phases to establish next steps and changes to be implemented for applications under development.
• Implemented the Document Management System for a government agency to monitor construction project certifications.
Interamerican University of PR, Metro Campus
Master’s Degree in Open Information Systems
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, San Juan, PR BA, Management Information Systems
Certifications: Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Certificates: IBM Blockchain Essentials IBM Blockchain Foundation Developer Certified Blockchain Expert Database Management Microsoft Technology Associate (Database, Network and Infrastructure) Training: AWS Big Data Technology Fundamentals Big Data Foundations, Level 1 Data Science 101 Developing SQL Databases Data Visualization with ArcGIS Hadoop Foundations - Level 1 Strategic Applications of IT Project & Program Management Portfolio Management, Governance, & the PMO PMP Course Body of Knowledge
Databases: MS SQL Server, Access, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows Server, Linux, Mac Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Power BI, Visual Studio .NET, R Studio CMS: Joomla
Affiliations: IEEE / Global Blockchain Association / Internet Society /Advisory Board of Creative Industries Advisory Council of Puerto Rico Trade and Export Company / Advisory Board of “Business Network of Innovation” – Incubator Program - Metropolitan University Communications: Fluent in English and Spanish