firstname.lastname@example.org 904-***-**** Goodyear, Arizona
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottbhunt SCOTT B. HUNT
Procurement & Management Executive - Retail / Wholesale Supplier Operations Product Management Strategic Planning Marketing Merchandising Competitive Analysis Sourcing Distribution
Outstanding manager and leader with exposure to all facets of large chain store/wholesale operations, effectively directing management strategies in the food industry for 30+ years.
Extensive knowledge and expertise with all categories of produce, floral and retail operations.
Excellent track record of enhancing long-term business relations with shippers, growers and vendors.
Contributes to bottom-line results with cost-effective procurement strategies and successful corporate-level management, focused on cost-saving and efficiency creation.
Has built market share in all produce categories utilizing strong analytical and strategic planning ability.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Building Supplier Relationships, Warehouse/Distribution Management,Inventory Management & Control,Wholesale Sales, Operations, Transportation,Supply Chain Management, Team Building, Training, Mentoring, Profits and Budgeting, Exceptional Customer Service, Central & Divisional Operations, Procurement, Pricing, Forecasting,Cost Savings, Negotiations
Independent Consultant – Retail, Growers, Suppliers – Goodyear, AZ 4/2018 – Present
• Currently providing expertise and assistance to growers, brokers and retailers in securing new customers, as well as achieving maximum sales from existing customers.
Harold Crawford Co. - Bakersfield, CA 1/2018 – 4/2018 Director of Procurement & Quality Control
• Quickly adapted to company's business model and implemented a new program: a Rejection Reduction Incentive Program that significantly reduced product rejections for 2018 at the receiving point.
Sprouts Farmers Market Inc. - Phoenix, AZ 6/2015 – 12/2017 Senior Procurement Manager
• Managed a team of highly successful Buying/Inventory Management professionals, achieving the following 2017 statistics: Dump Losses - Exceeded the target by 95.00%; Plus Outs - Highest performance in the company; Store Order Fill Rates - Highest performance in the company.
Safeway Stores, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ 7/2005 – 6/2015 Corporate Procurement & Inventory Manager
• Managed procurement/inventory buyers responsible for sales totaling over $1.2 billion per year retail.
• Supervised a team of 90 associates who managed inventory for all DCs, buying produce for the company and arranging transportation for all orders.
• Supervised and trained 15 divisional produce buyers.
• Directly oversaw 15 associates who managed inventory for the top sales regions in the company (6 DCs).
• Consistently exceeded targets for service level, dump and plus-out. For 2014: Dump Losses exceeded targets by 57.08%; Plus Outs exceeded targets by 71.20%; Donations exceeded targets by 67.42%. Safeway Corporate Procurement & Inventory Manager – continued... Notable Challenge and Outcome – Improving Efficiency at Safeway CHALLENGE: The Billing Correction Program created an enormous amount of paperwork and added discontent to the teams. Numerous last-minute changes during the period close deadline were disruptive to the team and operation.
ACTION: Initiated a task force and strategized with Accounting to formulate new processes which reduced paperwork by 75% and streamlined the billing correction process. Negotiated with leadership to embrace the new processes as the team and I worked to gain their confidence in what I was planning to achieve. Convinced leadership to embrace the new program. Dramatically reduced workload for the buyers and accounting teams by utilizing automation through systems and reports. RESULT: The new process was easier and more efficient for the Procurement and Accounting departments to manage. The team was very pleased with the new process because it reduced a tremendous amount of period-end workload and reduced stress.
Del Monte Fresh - Jacksonville, FL 5/2003 – 7/2005 General Manager, Distribution Center Manager, Sales Manager
• Managed highly productive, efficient teams in Sales, Accounting, Warehousing and Delivery.
• Ensured accurate, on-time delivery of produce to chain stores, foodservice and independent retailers.
• Created cost savings through ongoing analysis of produce markets. Notable Challenge and Outcome – Continuing Operations after Natural Disaster CHALLENGE: When facility took a direct hit from a tornado, my distribution center was a total loss. ACTION: My team and I negotiated use of office and DC space with our competitor for 6 months. Quickly made arrangements to get a new DC and office built out. Maintained all business functions during the entire process, utilizing team effort and leveraging the expertise and support of every member. RESULT: Eliminated the need to lay off any team members during this period and kept the business running smoothly during the new facility build out.
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. – Jacksonville & Tampa, Florida 1986 – 2003 Corporate Operations Manager & Buyer; District Store Manager (7 stores); Retail Systems Supervisor; Price and POS Systems Supervisor; Division Produce, Floral, Egg, Milk Buyer; Produce, Dairy, Frozen Food Specialist and Trainer; Store Manager; Produce Manager
• Developed and implemented centralized buying of specific produce categories that were previously purchased in eleven separate buying divisions.
• Developed and implemented efficient new produce programs and produce categories.
• Provided outstanding management as District Manager for 17 Stores with 900 associates.
• Increased profitability in 67 locations in Tampa division as Division’s Produce & Floral Buyer.
• Consistently created cost savings through ongoing analysis of produce markets.
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, i-Trade; proprietary software for Safeway, Del Monte, and Sprouts
Courses in professional Purchasing & Management at Florida Community College, Jacksonville
“The teams I manage are confident and self-reliant. They are empowered to make decisions that are the best for the organization. They are trained to problem-solve in such a way that small challenges don't get out of control. If the team wins, the customer and company wins.”