E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 818-***-****
Broadly skilled Designer/Engineer with 7+ years of extensive design experience in 3D modeling, drafting, designing and engineering aerospace product. Highly motivated professional with focus on quality, speed and innovations. Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA V5 CAD System. Experienced in all stages of product development: research, conceptualization, 3D modeling, prototyping, presentation and manufacturing through to installation and final commissioning.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced in the Aerospace Industry
Proficient with CATIA V5, AutoCAD 2000/plus, Solid Works 2000/plus as well as SmartTeam
Able to work on multiple projects with very short lead times
Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 and ASME Y14.5 and DOD-STD-100 dimensioning and tolerance
Research and Development
Prototyping and Testing
Familiar with production materials, specifications, prototyping, and manufacturing processes (machining, casting, stamping, CNC machining, injection molding, extrusions, vacuum forming, etc.)
Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with minimum direction through design issues both individually and as a team member
Gulfstream Aviation (Long Beach, CA) 2017- Current
-Designed interiors for G650, G550, etc.
-Experience in secondary structures
-Designed custom one-off projects for specific customer needs.
-Used CATIA V5 to create models for all components for interior (Credenza, Bulkhead, Seats, etc)
Dynamo Aviation, (North Hills, CA) 2015- 2016
- Designed galley inserts (refrigerator, microwave oven, water heater, wine chiller, etc.)
- Created 3d models, assemblies, drawings, BOM with all configurations and properties
- Utilized CATIA V5, Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Fabricated prototypes and assemblies in various materials
- Made design proposal presentations utilizing PowerPoint
- Participated with on-site installation of designed products
- Improved the design, performance and efficiency of new and existing products
- Develop, review, modify and maintain drawings, ECOs, BOMs, and item masters to facilitate production.
- Worked with PCB boards, electronics
- Created simple draft stress and weight calculations
- Ensured accuracy and efficiency of documentation systems
Zodiac Aerospace/ C&D, (La Palma, CA) 2011- 2015
- Designed products for business class
- Utilized CATIA V5, Solidworks and AutoCAD in a manufacturing environment
- Provided design and drafting support on products using CATIA V5 CAD System
- Worked closely with an artistic designer
- Modeled units, galley assemblies, lavatory assemblies, as well as various amenity assemblies
- Controlled and maintained the design standard and quality of the products
- Worked in machine shop with raw and compound materials, made prototypes
- Provided trial illustrations and offered technical expertise to clients
- Anticipated and resolved problems related to the design and documentation of company products
Personal Projects / Product Design
-Designed and created various products and prototypes for everyday use (wireless car charging cradle)
-Created KeyKard consumer product. Dealt with suppliers, machine shops and manufacturers in as well as designed and mass produced the item in for sale. Including packaging design.
-Designed and built a custom watch winder able to wind 10 watches simultaneously. Contacted vendors and machine shops and other various manufacturers.