ORACLE PL/SQL DEVELOPER
• Having 8 years of Experience in Oracle PL/SQL as Oracle Developer.
• Expertise in Linux and shell scripting.
• Having knowledge in Oracle 11g, 12c features.
• Good experience in Agile Methodology. Worked as key player in a team.
• Extensive experience in data migration techniques using SQL* Loader, Import/Export.
• Expert in creating SQL Queries, PL/SQL packages, functions, stored procedures, triggers, and cursors.
• Created database objects like tables, views, sequences, synonyms, indexes using Oracle tools like SQL*Plus, SQL Developer and Toad.
• Proficient in advance features of Oracle 11g for PL/SQL programming like Using Records and Collections, Bulk Bind, Ref. Cursors, Nested tables and Dynamic SQL.
• Experience in SQL and PL/SQL tuning and query optimization tools like SQLTrace, Explain Plan, and DBMS_PROFILER.
• Extensively used package like DBMS_STATS, UTL_FILE, DBMS_SCHEDULER and Strong knowledge with PL/SQL Wrapper to protect the PL/SQL procedures or packages.
• Expertise in handling errors using Exceptions.
• Making structural changes to the database objects.
• Transferred data using data transfer tools like FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SFTP (Smart FTP).
• Exposure & knowledge of designing logical & physical Data Model in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
• Experience in working high-transacted OLTP systems.
• Extensive experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, Resource Planning, code development, testing, implementing and maintenance.
• Used External tables & SQL Loader for the process of data loading in Oracle environment.
• Have experience in Python Scripting. Possess Statistical knowledge to apply in data mining.
• Developed UNIX Shell scripts to run various utilities & wrote UNIX Crontab for the scheduled batch processes and sending E-mails to corresponding recipients.
• Have knowledge and experience in Perl Scripting. Involved in application DBA activities.
• Excellent trouble shooting, debugging and error trapping skills.
• Strong diagnostic and problem identification/solving skills. Excellent communication skills, a very good learner and a dynamic team player.
• Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.0.x and 7.x on UNIX and LINUX platforms.
• Installation and Upgrade.
• Configured, administered RMAN.
• Backup and recovery, export/import.
• Database performance tuning.
• Knowledge of SQL Server 7.0 and experience with UNIX Shell and Perl scripting.
• Developed scripts and reports using SQL*Plus.
• Worked with Oracle Forms and Reports.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/8, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 2.5 2.6, 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.1, 5.2, IBM and Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4. x.
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Oracle 10g/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC), SQL Server 2000, MySQL 5.0/4.1, MS-Access, Editors (PL/SQL Developer, Toad, Oracle SQL Developer
SOFTWARE/APPLICATIONS/ TOOLS: Recovery Manager (RMAN), Real Applications Cluster (RAC), Srvctl, Crsctl, SQL Loader, FTP, TOAD 7.6/7.5, Oracle Enterprise Manager.
WEB TOOLS: HTML, XML, CSS
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
GAP, San Francisco, CA February 2017 to Present
Environment: UNIX, Oracle 11g, 12c PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Oracle Pro*C, Microsoft Excel, TOAD, APEX 4.4.2 SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Reports6i, Toad, CVS, HP-UX UNIX, XML.
• Worked on the bulk uploading of huge amounts of statistical data to the database.
• Wrote Loader scripts using SQL Loader/External tables to load large tables.
• Designed and developed the classes using core Java for thread safety in money transactions using Multithreading.
• Responsible for developing and modifying several PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, views and triggers using PL/SQL.
• Optimized queries by obtaining Explain Plan, analyzing tables, providing hints, and adding Indexes on tables where required.
• Performed maintenance work on the database.
• Analyzed data integrity problems and provided assistance in giving solutions.
• Actively involved in troubleshooting database issues.
• Provided SQL and PL/SQL code tuning to improve database response time and performance for several applications.
• Created database objects like Tables, Views, Materialized views, Procedures, Packages using Oracle tools like SQL* Plus.
• Excellent ability in writing specifications and gathering requirements from the user to develop reports using Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports into APEX Applications as per the needs of the client and maintain documentation of the reports for future reference.
• Developed Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages to effectively incorporate Business rules.
• Worked with Dynamic SQL, Global Temporary Tables.
• Created materialized views, Inline Views & normal views where business requirements needed.
• Worked in Oracle reports and forms version 6i and 10g.
• Developed control files for SQL*Loader and PL/SQL programs for loading and validating the data into the Database.
• Worked on Pro*C programs and PL/SQL Scripts to generate full extracts of large tables.
• Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
• Developed stored procedures and packages. Extensive work in PL/SQL.
• Developed Reports and forms using Oracle Designer.
• Worked with development of packages and procedures using PL/SQL and functions using ETL and PL/SQL.
• Worked on developing/supporting Oracle APEX applications.
• Our group supports numerous Oracle APEX applications.
• Resources are needed to help support additional applications that will be acquired by our team. They will need to provide run the engine and production support.
• They will also be asked to perform risk assessments and add needed controls to close any control gaps.
• Extensive experience in Data warehousing, Data Analysis, Reporting, ETL, Data Modeling, Development, Maintenance, Testing and Documentation.
• Knowledge of both Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Vanguard, Pennsylvania September 2015 to January 2017
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Toad, SQL*Loader, Shell Scripts
• Developed Advance PL/SQL packages, procedures, triggers, functions, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic.
• Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
• Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
• Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
• Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
• Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL_FILE package.
• Experience in using APEX_ITEM packages to create different types of UI elements (Text Fields, Select List, Check Box.) in the standard classic APEX reports.
• Coordinated with DBA in improving Database Performance and involved in SQL Tuning by creating indexes, rebuilding Indexes using Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF Tools.
• Used BI Publisher to generate report format into doc, xls and pdf and Invoked them from APEX.
• Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
• Coordinated and delegated work to Offshore team.
• Reviewed the deliverables from offshore and communicated changes to developers.
• Actively participated in Clarification Meetings with the Clients.
• Design and develop PL/SQL packages.
• Prepared application logic; Developed PL/SQL Packages and procedure; and also provided Target Load Order Dependencies.
• Wrote Shell Scripts for Data loading and DDL Scripts.
• Used PLSQL Stored Procedures, Packages, Database Triggers, SQL and Oracle Utilities in this development process time.
• Developed Unix Shell Scripts for scheduling the jobs and created pre and post session commands.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Bank of America, New Jersey March 2014 to July 2015
Environment: Oracle 11g, UNIX, Informatica Power Center 9.1
• Developed generic ETL transformation for data Obfuscation.
• Developed PL/SQL package for Audit Logging on sensitive data retrieval.
• Involved in project cycle plan for Multifamily, part of Database Module, analyze differences between old and new system change requirements, part of creating logical and physical database design based on required changes, create/update technical design documents and production support system operations and maintenance guide.
• Developed advance PL/SQL packages for masking sensitive data using partial data Redaction.
• Also involved in the development of ETL workflows and PL/SQL Scripts for history loads.
• Developed PL/SQL procs using Bulk collect and ForAll, Dynamic SQL, Records, Arrays and Exception Handling.
• Developed basic and advance Informatica transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, lookup for transporting and receiving data from different sources.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Polaris, INDIA June 2012 to February 2014
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL Server, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2005, Data Modeling, Data migration, SQL Navigator, Toad, Unix Shell Scripting, Version Control Software CVS
• Interacted with architects and business analysts to understand business requirements
• Involved with project development teams to convert the model into technical specifications and also provide knowledge transfer to quality assurance analysts.
• Made use of explain plan to find the access path taken when the query is executed.
• Used Analytical functions like RANK and DENSE_RANK to assign to components having maximum portion.
• Performed normalization of the OLTP database to eliminate redundant data.
• Implemented data mappings, flows and report dissemination mechanisms by architecting Data Marts.
• Developed PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Packages, views and Materialized views.
• Created dynamic SQL queries using Execute Immediate statements.
• Worked with data dictionary views to query the required information.
• Worked on debugging the code and creating the exceptions to handle bad data and send them to error log files.
• Error handling using system defined exceptions and user defined exceptions like INVALID_NUMBER, NO_DATA_FOUND and PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT.
Telos Risk Management, INDIA May 2010 to May 2012
• Involved in the analysis, design, coding and testing of the application screens.
• Developed Activity Diagrams, State Chart diagrams, Class Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose.
• Prepared program specification for the development of simple PL/SQL procedures and functions.
• Built, tunes and maintains PLSQL store procedures, functions, triggers, indexes and constrains to improve integrity of data. Monitored and improved system performance by proactively identifying issues in PLSQL procedures and functions, analyze root cause, perform required SQL tuning and permanently resolve problems.
• Analyzed customer requirements and designed internal system, improving performance of data access for end user (UI) company BVM application.
• Created database objects, such as tables, views and indexes in Oracle database to organize and store incoming from client HR and related to Project Management financial data.