email@example.com 864-***-**** Spartanburg, SC
I am a Human Resources Professional with over 22 years of experience in manufacturing, logistics, and national service brands. I am seeking a position in Talent Acquisition, Staff Development, or Operations Management with an organization needing my ability to bolster productivity, improve morale, and enhance processes for teams, facilities, and the bottom line. Over the years, I have developed a reputation for effectively recruiting through cross-collaboration, fostering positive environments that reduce turnover, and building effective business units driven by a well-matched staff. SKILLS & AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Human Resources & Labor Planning Logistics & National Routing Microsoft Office, Excel Recruiting & Talent Management Performance Management Timekeeper & Payroll Systems Hiring Processes & Onboarding Streamlining Operations AS400, ADP, & UltiPro HCM Retention/Turnover Reduction Employee Engagement Regulatory Compliance & SOPs Facility & Operations Management Facility Management OSHA & Labor/Employment Law Coaching & Leadership Programs Diversity & Inclusion Background Checks & Benefits EDUCATION
Master of Arts in Organizational Management – Southern Wesleyan University; Central, SC Bachelor of Arts in Sociology – Wofford College; Spartanburg, SC EXPERIENCE
Talent Scout Manager (National)
OTO Development; Spartanburg, SC Oct 2017 – Present
• Initially hired as the Regional People Services Manager, I was named Talent Scout Manager in June 2018 after a Departmental Re-organization.
• Responsible for facilitating hiring and HR oversight at the Corporate Office and over 72 Managed Hotel Properties across the United States, representing a headcount of over #2,500 employees.
• Foster good hires, best practices, and limit downtimes by establishing strong relationships with facility management; primarily GMs/General Managers and AGMs/Assistant General Managers.
• Effectively process over 100 Background Checks each month, varying to include credit checks depending on functional role, via UltiPro’s vendor, Sterling.
• Support and manage Corporate Talent Development initiatives including College Recruitment, Manager in Development, and strategic workforce programs.
• Bolster staff tenure, performance, and quality by coaching/counseling hotel leadership on employee recruitment, issues, documentation, terminations, and employment law (local/state/federal).
• Foster the best return on investments in human capital with “Talent Card”, the internal promotion program designed to identify future internal candidates and leaders.
• Expanded our Apprenticeship, Internship, and College/New Grad recruitment program by developing relationships with a variety of Hospitality Programs in schools across the country including Virginia Tech, Florida State, University of Central Florida, and Johnson & Whales.
• Manage annual Benefits Enrollment and employee recognition programs.
• Foster the quality and individual appeal of each hotel-brand via our “Great Workplace” initiative. Logistics Supervisor (May 2013 – Oct 2017)
RR Donnelley (now LSC Communications); Spartanburg, SC Nov 2001 – Oct 2017
• After serving as Human Resource Generalist for 12 years, I was approached about utilizing my prior experience in logistics and awarded the position of Logistics Supervisor in May 2013. Experience continued on next page...
JASON HILL Page 2 of 2
Logistics Supervisor Experience continued...
• Responsible for the successful deployment, logistics, and routing of 200-300 weekly semi/tractor- trailer deliveries across the continental US to consolidation facilities for customers including Kohls, Target, Walgreens, Kmart, & Sears.
• Minimized expenses with carrier/freight vendors by effectively managing shipments/orders via AS400 Dispatching Software in relation to order deadlines of product; printed catalogs and retail inserts for national newspapers/publications.
• Prevented/reduced downtimes and delays via daily production meetings with Plant Management to monitor sourcing, seasonality/trends, and troubleshoot/resolve various issues.
• Fostered strong outcomes and on-time deliveries by processing, analyzing, and reporting critical information to our Corporate Facility in Bolingbrook, IL through Google Docs. Human Resource Generalist (Nov 2001 – May 2013)
• Working closely with and under the direction of the HR Manager, we oversaw the HR Department for a regional manufacturing plant with, at one time, up to 720 employees across 3 shifts.
• Reduced turnover by created their first official 30-Day Onboarding Program.
• Improved employee retention through oversight of the internal promotion process; researching and implementing employee recognition, training, leadership development, and internal promotions.
• Expanded and improved hiring practices; serving as Chair of their Inclusion & Diversity Council.
• Assisted in the compiling and submission of our annual Affirmative Action Plan.
• Fostered high morale via “The Donnelley Club”; an initiative funded through employee contributions that supported activities, birthday/special recognitions, dinners, employee sports teams, outdoor events, etc. to promote unity and teamwork.
• Maintained safety standards, operational compliance, etc. by overseeing Hourly Employee trainings.
• Increased brand and community awareness with initiatives like the United Way Campaign. Driver Manager
VF Jeanswear; Greenville, SC Sept 1991 – May 1994, Apr 1997 – Nov 2001
• After serving as Transportation Coordinator (1991 – 1994), I left in great standing to take a position as an Assistant Football Coach at Wofford College (see below) and was welcomed back to VF in 1997 due to a change in familial status.
• Responsible for the successful daily operation of a fleet with 86 Truck Drivers.
• Maximized revenue and fleet usage by brokering empty space on trucks after deliveries.
• Reduced Turnover Rate by 30% (from 37% down to 7%) by improving schedules, processes, routes, and gleaning feedback from drivers.
• Reduced DOT major violation by 62%.
• Trained 5 Transportation Coordinators, and together we effectively managed the routing-schedules divided into 9 regions across the US.
• Ensured on-time delivery of goods to/from all VF Plants while streamlining processes and supervising drivers; still using paper logs, routes, etc. before more sophisticated software systems were available. Assistant Football Coach
Wofford College; Spartanburg, SC May 1994 – Apr 1997
• Personally sought-out by my Alma Mater to serve as an Asst. Football Coach with player-recruitment responsibilities from a designated region covering southern Georgia and South Carolina.
• Reported to the Head Coach, and fostered athletic achievement as well as academics, leadership development, personal responsibility, and community service.
• Specialized in Running Back & QB positions.
Professional References Available Upon Request