Dear AAA Hiring Manager,
Attached please find a copy of my resume in response to the human resources coordinator position posted on aaa.com/careers. Sue Beaupre, Director of Association Business Intelligence forwarded the job link and suggested I submit an application.
I hold a Human Resource Management Certification and 15+ years of experience in office management, coordinating initiatives, and delivering support to teams. I have demonstrated proficient skills in organizing, streamlining processes, and I enjoy program development opportunities. I thrive in environments that require multi-tasking and a broad range of responsibilities.
My orientation to detail lends itself well to tracking and analysis as well as delivering presentation materials that showcase results. Many positions held required billing and financial analysis to support management. I also possess solid software application skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, OneNote, JD Edwards, and Salesforce.
If you are seeking a dedicated, service-oriented team member with a can do attitude, I welcome the opportunity to interview for this position.
In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely,
Melissa W. Brough
Melissa W. Brough 386-***-**** email@example.com ... OBJECTIVE
Seeking a position within a service-oriented company that can profit from my broad set of skills. SUMMARY
Dynamic, creative, flexible team player who values a collaborative work environment and professionalism. Self- starter with strong coordinator, analysis, and problem solving skills. Adept in delivering administrative support. Innovative thinker that thrives in a fast-paced environment. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
BRANCH COORDINATOR Nov 2017 – April 2018
William Scotsman, Inc.
• Monitored projects, tracked progress, and delivered timely status updates to management.
• Managed service coordination and assigned service call requests to field service technicians and vendors.
• Performed pre-employment screening and processed new hire paperwork.
• Handled tracking of certifications to produce key metric reports associated with hiring.
• Maintained files and databases associated with branch operations information.
• Obtained required approvals from CFO for Human Resource procedure changes.
• Prepared presentation materials and reports for management and corporate office.
• Ensured compliance with corporate operating policies. SALES COORDINATOR Oct. 2016 – Oct. 2017
Atlantic Great Dane
• Facilitated written and oral communication between local office and regional production plants across US.
• Implemented new inventory management processes resulting in reduced expenses.
• Managed procurement process using Karmak Fusion Dealership Management System.
• Prepared customer paperwork, sales tax, exemptions, performed title research, and secured tags.
• Administered invoice process ensuring accuracy prior to securing approval sign-off for payment. OFFICE, BILLING AND COLLECTIONS Nov. 2015 – Feb. 2016 Short-term contract position for R. Stewart Heavy Hauling, Inc.
• Implemented new billing procedures to capture all billable hours and expenses. Resulting efforts increased revenue by 25% and reduced time frame receivables were received and posted.
• Collected $300,000 in debt and resolved $65,000 in insurance claims.
• Supported owner with creative recruitment tactics to fill challenging positions.
• Provided administrative support to team.
OFFICE AND RISK MANAGER July 2014 – Oct. 2015
Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc.
• Provided administrative support to the branch manager and rental team.
• Created warranty program through successful collaboration with manufacturers, service departments, and customers. Program adopted company wide.
• Negotiated and collected aged warranty receivables reducing potential company write-offs of $250,000.
• Participated on team that doubled rental business increasing sales by 50%.
• Eliminated 100% of existing and new liability through successful coordination with rental customers and insurance companies.
HUMAN RESOURCES, OFFICE, AND FACILITY MANAGER Jan. 2005 – June 2014 Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc.
• Prepared repair estimates and technician scheduling. Increased billable hours from 62% to 98%.
• Managed employee labor posting compliance, onboarding, benefits coordination, recruitment, and drafting operational procedures.
• Researched, prepared and responded to local and federal solicitations including RFI, RFQ and RFP.
• Provided administrative support to all levels of the organization. OFFICE MANAGER Dec. 2003 – Dec. 2004
Atlantic Prosthetic and Orthotic Services
• Oversaw patient scheduling, insurance verification/authorization, and billing.
• Planned and created a handbook of community resources to assist patients.
• Developed employment pre-screening process, managed job postings and interview coordination.
• Provided administrative support to doctors.
OFFICE MANAGER Nov. 2001 – Nov. 2003
Survey & Geodetic Consultants, Inc.
• Assisted with budget preparation and performed monthly audits to identify financial variances.
• Managed company bookkeeping using QuickBooks.
• Delivered administrative support to surveyors and chief financial officer. ASSISTANT TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Nov. 1999 – Oct. 2001 SMART Child & Family Services
• Identified and recruited diverse board of directors while securing donations and program funding.
• Created and distributed minutes, materials, and presentations for Board of Directors and committees.
• Introduced new processes that increased operational efficiency and improved foster parent satisfaction. PROGRAM DEVELOPER/COORDINATOR Jan. 1992 - Oct. 1999 Westbrook Housing Authority, Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSP)
• Recipient of Brick Leadership and Community Development Award, “Just Do It”. Recognized as a U.S. community leader creating change for the greater good of the community.
• Selected as a national finalist for organizing stakeholders and donations to develop the Westbrook Community Food & Resource Center to help resolve family hunger.
• Acknowledged by Westbrook Maine Housing Authority for successful case management and coaching which led 66 families to purchasing own home.
• Developed/implemented low income programs to increase self-sufficiency and reduce reliance on subsidized programs.
• Legal Secretary, Westbrook College, Maine
• Human Resource Management Certification and Non-Profit Development Certification, University of Southern Maine
• Workers Compensation Certification and OSHA Recordkeeping Certification, State of Maine
• Notary Public, State of Maine
BOARD OF DIRECTOR APPOINTMENTS
• City of Westbrook, ME: Westbrook Environmental Improvement Corporation Chamber of Commerce Regional Communication Liaison Recreation and Conservation Commission Board of Directors Junior Achievement Comprehensive Master Plan Steering Committee
• Town of Windham, ME: Human Services Steering Committee Windham School Age Child Care Program Comprehensive Master Plan Steering Committee