Garden City KS ***46.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
* Results-focused manager capable of delivering expectations in preventative, predictive and routine maintenance as well as production productivity improvements.
* Utilize reliability centered maintenance techniques and Six Sigma analytical methodology to approach problem-solving with a fact-based realistic view of understanding the key drivers and causes of failures.
* Recognized as a team builder who develops and maintains working relationships within a variety of functional areas of manufacturing as well as being inclusive at all levels of the organization.
* A proven leader who develops talent based on integrity and recognition of accomplishments. CORE COMPETENCIES:
* QR Maintenance Process
* Vibration Analyses
* Six Sigma Greenbelt (CSSGB)
* Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
* Condition Based Monitoring (CBM)
* Mean Time between Failures (MTTF)
* Performance Maintenance Contracting (PMC)
* Lean Manufacturing
* Operator Basic Care (OBC)
* Krones Train the Trainer (KTT)
* Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
* Systems, Applications and Products (SAP)
* Certified purchasing Manager (ISM)
* Critical Asset Management
* AIB, SQF and HAACP Certified
* Project Management
* PM & PdM Management
* Root Cause Analysis, and Root Cause Failure
* Union and Non-Union manufacturing
* Team & Leadership Development
COMPUTER LITERIATE IN
SAP, KRONOS, Microsoft word, excel, project, power point and Cape programs EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
UMO, ME (1980 to 1982)
Mid-state college (1982-1984)
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
C.M.V.T.I., ME (AB VFD Electronics) (1995)
Krones labeler school (2001)
RETA Training and membership (2014)
03/15/2016 TO Present
DFA Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager:
Managed Greenfield project KS
Developed training modules for Maintenance and production Employees for start-up Developed and implemented QR Maintenance process
Trained team on TPM process
Trained and developed all training modules on process control for plant 05/15/15 to 3/1/2016
Ice River Springs:
Managed 2 production Plants - 37 Employees, 3 Managers and 4 Supervisors: Shipping and Warehouse Departments: Husky, Injection and Blow-Molding divisions: Marianna FL:
* Increased OEE and UTL from 63% to 88% using TPM Methodology
* Reduced QA holds by 25% using SQF programs
* Increased Sales from 4.5M cases to 8M with on time deliveries and production UTL:
* Responsible for managing $2.8M budget
* Reduced WTLF (Waste to land fill) by 15%
* Increased Blow-mold OEE by 15%
* Top production Plant 6 weeks in a row with 92% UTL Palestine TX:
* Responsible for center-lining equipment
* CCP Training to all Managers and Supervisors
* TPM Process and procedures for Plant
* Increased UTL by 10%
4/1/14 to 5/1/2015
Pepsi Co: Plant Engineer:
Oversaw equipment installation, of blow molding, packaging and filling equipment, managed 24 maintenance mechanics and three supervisors in a 24/7 work week environment. Conducted and participated in Six Sigma projects on waste reductions, quality improvements, efficiency improvement, and vendor supplies resulting in a one year improvement of 13% in throughput and a designed and implemented specific SOP's and TPM strategies for equipment during planned downtime utilizing resources from Operations, Quality as well as the Maintenance staff. Reviewed and executed training program criteria and performance for both electrical and mechanical trade groups.
* Reduction in operating cost of approximately $400,000.
* Reduced Energy cost by 10%
* Implemented PM process to reduce equipment failures
* Budgeted and executed all capital projects
11/2012 to 3/1/2014
Aligned workforce consisting of two maintenance supervisors, twelve mechanics and maintenance planner. Conducted internal audits to ensure compliance with all regulatory obligations and quality standards at all times. Worked with external customers to establish quality standards for new products and existing applications. Worked with fellow managers to establish multi-departmental budget plans and capital strategies based on business expectations.
*Implemented Lean Manufacturing principles to reduce machine change-over time by 23% Which increased productivity opportunity by 18%.
* Lead the lean manufacturing training to all manufacturing areas.
* Reduced spare parts inventory by $300K.
* Managed a $3.3mil maintenance budget
* Reduced maintenance cost 12% through implementation of cross-functional labor Utilization strategies and TPM process.
* Implemented PM programs for HVAC systems and Ammonia compressors for flash Pasteurization production lines
01/2007 to 06/2012
Maintenance/ Assistant Plant Manager:
Provided daily technical management support for all manufacturing and facility control operations centering on production, safety, quality, FDA, AIB and OSHA compliance as well as maintenance in blow molding environment. Developed and trained employees on a variety of programs designed to improve predictive maintenance using infrared, vibration analysis, and ultra-sonic to reduce the potential of catastrophic failures and to increase throughput by reducing the overall downtime interruptions.
* Managed $3.1 Mil annual maintenance budget
* Developed an operator/maintenance basic care program that initiated key responsibilities for operators to complete asset monitoring during production, development of work orders, and completing routine inspections and maintenance PM's for their assigned areas of responsibility.
* Developed a planned approach of focusing on equipment alignment and quarterly inspections of critical machine centers to reduce wear and increase process throughput. These inspection procedures reduced downtime by 15% and lowered overall cost of operations by 10%.
* Developed a critical asset strategy program that focused specifically on crucial functions of each machine center that was designed to support improve the overall effectiveness and reduce the likelihood of unplanned downtime. This program was heavily focused to utilize operations staff to identify the equipment performance and relaying the information to the maintenance staff through work order entries.
* Reduced maintenance cost 10% through implementation of cross-functional labor utilization strategies.
* Conducted field audits on exciting customers to improve sales
* Developed first pass program to reduce plant waste by 15% 08/1984 to 01/2007
National supply chain Manager (2004-2007)
Production Manager (2003-2004)
Procurement Manager (1998-2003)
Packaging Manager (1995-1998)
Maintenance Manager (1990-1995)
Maintenance Supervisor (1984-1990)
Oversaw equipment installation, of blow molding and filling equipment, managed six Maintenance mechanics. Managed three supervisors and 24 Mechanics in a 24/7 work week environment. Conducted and participated in Six Sigma projects on waste reductions, quality improvements, efficiency improvement, and vendor supplies resulting in a six year improvement of 23% in throughput and a reduction in operating cost of approximately $4.8 Mil. Designed and implemented specific SOP's and PM strategies for equipment during planned downtime utilizing resources from operations as well as the maintenance staff. Reviewed and evaluated apprentice training program criteria and performance for both electrical and mechanical trade groups. Managed 28 outside importing warehouses. Overseen 345M budget for packing supplies for 28 high speed production plants. Provided leadership in all facets of operations, from facility management, safety, compliance, environmental controls, to all manners concerning production requirements by being hands-on and Employee focused member of the management staff. Achieved certification of green belt in Six Sigma methodologies.
* Involved in the completion of capital projects ranging from $5mil to $80mil.
* Maximized labor contribution from the maintenance staff to 100% loading of shift schedule focusing on preventive PM's and inspections. Increased equipment uptime by 15%.
* Focused heavily on training and development of the maintenance staff in areas of electrical programming for equipment applications, vibration analysis, and ultra-sonic evaluation.
* Recognized for plant expansions and equipment start-up objectives.
* Reduced supply cost by 15% for 28 production plants
* Reduced 400M budget for labels by 38% with free Mkt auctions
* Aligned 28 warehouse to Nestle Globe programs
* Conducted FIFO programs in supply chain system
REFERENCES: Available upon request.