Kathleen M. Adams
Harrisburg, PA 17111
I am a nursing professional with 30 years of nursing and supervisory experience. I have a comprehensive knowledge of direct patient care, nursing procedures, healthcare administration policies and caseload management. I have a reputation of being a self-directed professional with superior problem solving, excellent communication skills and have many years in a management role. I am successful in time management and being able to prioritize task effectively. My experience includes:
● Nurse Manager
● Assistant Nurse Manager
● Charge Nurse
● Staff Nurse
Holy Spirit Hospital
November 2009 – November 2017
Relief Charge/Staff Nurse
● Provide exceptional level of care to critically ill medical/surgical/trauma patients.
● Interact with patients/families on a daily basis.
● Serve as a professional resource to employees as a preceptor.
● Direct daily nursing functions within a fast-paced and high volume environment.
● Direct ED techs in daily responsibilities.
● Relief charge over 15-20 staff nurses.
● Involved in the following committees:
November 2004 – 2009
I left the workforce to care for ill parent.
Holy Spirit Hospital
2002 – 2004
Nurse Manager, Vascular Intermediate Care Unit
● Responsible for hiring and all annual/probationary evaluations.
● Prepares the departmental policies, regulations and goals for the department.
● Creates developmental paths and plans for staff to increase expertise and caliber of staff.
● Collaborates with medical staff to monitor patient outcomes; set clinical quality priorities, recommend and implement professional improvements and initiatives and implement unit based safety initiatives.
● Ensures that nurses practice in accordance with established Clinical Standards of Practice as defined by the organization.
● Demonstrate effective use of resources including managing flexible staffing patterns to meet patient care needs.
● Hold staff accountable for the efficient use of resources.
● Responsible for all Quality Improvements in the unit.
● Oversee the daily functioning of the department.
● Resolve and manages conflict effectively in a timely manner. Holy Spirit Hospital
2000 – 2004
Assistant Nurse Manager, Vascular Intermediate Care Unit
● Responsible for the hiring a staff of 70 professionals
● Worked closely with vascular physician to develop policy and procedure on the following:
Femoral to femoral bypass
Femoral to popilteal bypass
● Provided post-op care to coronary and peripheral stented patients. Holy Spirit Hospital
1994 – 2000
Charge/Staff Nurse, Medical Intensive Care Unit
● Directed patient care decisions for 11 bed unit.
● Interact with patients/families on a regular basis.
● Provide exceptional level of care to critically ill medical/surgical patients.
● Performed all duties of Registered Nurse including administering therapy, maintaining patient treatment records and consulting with physicians. Holy Spirit Hospital
1988 – 1994
Staff Nurse/ Relief Charge, Telemetry Care Unit
● Performed all duties of Registered Nurse including administering therapy, maintaining patient treatment records and consulting with physicians.
● Preceptor for all new nurses.
● Patient teaching to include:
Single and dual chamber pacemakers
York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA
Currently working toward BSN
Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
Associates Degree of Science Nursing – May 1988
References available upon request.