Objective Extremely motivated individual seeking a career in the Electrical or Electronic field, with knowledge of Schematic reading, drawing reading and advanced troubleshooting techniques. With references to show that I am punctual and have no history of truancy.
• Westwood Elementary School 1963-1969 (San Antonio Tx.)
• Sam Rayburn Junior High 1969 -1971 (San Antonio Tx. )
• Clarkston High School 1971-1974 (Clarkston Ga.)
• GED 1974 in Georgia
• While in military attended Texas Central University (1 yr.) MILITARY
Military – US Army – MOS16P20 – Air Defense
• Earned excellent marks on performance reviews, with citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.
Military – US Navy – Aircraft Electronic Technician – Electronic Repair 1980-1986
• Supervisor for a shift of 15 to 25 people - supervised people in repair of aircraft electrical systems troubleshooting and instructions on repair of aircraft, held quality control cert. to inspect work was done correctly and efficiently for safety of pilot and aircraft.
• Earned Class C Micro Miniature Repair - proficient in electroplating, through hole soldering, surface mount soldering, removal of components, reinstallation of components, repair of connecting runs on circuit boards,escavateing down on multi- layer boards to repair said connections and replacing layered runs to repair circuit boards, also able to repair boards that was damaged due to shorts burning through boards removed burns and rebuilt boards to military standards .
1991-1992 completed course and graduated but financially unable to take test to become A&P certified at that time .
Eaton (Manpower) HOUSTON Tx.
Recently work to wire several electrical items such as MCCS, Buckets, and installed VFD (Variable Frequency Drives ) . cpts, ct's, timer relays and circuit breakers (120 v,480v,up to 2000v), motor starters size 1 to size 5, motor overloads.Wired to drawings and to customer specifications. Performed point to point wiring . Also put together device panel, lights, switches and wired to wire diagrams .
Turbine Air System Houston,Tx.
Worked as a electrical assembler, setting MCC’S, MV’ and Transformers units on skids, also cable trays, piping and supports, ran wires and connections, terminated instruments and control wires .Then performed point to point testing and repairs if needed. Also familiar and certified in explosion proof cable glands, high voltage terminations.
Performed megging testing of bus ducts to ensure proper performance prior to completion of assembly in preparation for shipping .
Electrical Engineer - Waldrop Construction, Double Springs Al 2010– 2011
Performed electrical duties such as lights, freezers, electrical control panels, pulling wire, bending conduit toward the completion of a grocery store.
Electrical/Technical Support - Edwards Service, Bessemer Al 2001– 2010
Performed troubleshooting procedures electrical and mechanical of equipment, also performed repairs and maintenance on paint shakers, panel saws, radial arm saws, pipe threaders, shelving cutters, glass cutters, also repaired and maintained carpet cutters and carpet carousels, for Home Depot and Lowes Helpdesk Support- Service Zone, Hamilton Al
Service Zone was a outsourcing call center that took calls for Gateway Computers. For the several months I worked at Service Zone, I maintained one of the highest sales and customer service ratings available. Selling almost $300,000 worth of computers, computer parts, and computer software to those who needed upgrades or additional needs. While doing the main job of fixing what computer problems the customer was having. Electrician- Gateway Homes – Champion Homes, Guin Al 1993-2001
Installed electrical wiring, light switches, plugs, indoor, outdoor lights,ceiling fans and electrical panels for mobile home manufacturing until Gateway Homes changed to Champion Homes. At that point started assisting with vinyl siding, side walls, roofs, plumbing whatever was needed when my electrical work was taken care of to make production.
Electrical/Technical Support - Esco-Electric, Winfield Al 1993-1993
Performed residential electric repairs, wiring using wiring diagrams, putting in plug outlets and wiring houses, and breaker boxes. Performed commercial property electric repairs including transformers, generators, overhead lighting fixtures, electrical control panels, replacing of wire, hooked up electrical stations for commercial freezers, refrigerators, bending conduit and providing clean-up services once the job had been completed.
Electrician/ Maintenance Personnel - Cedar Glen Apartment, Houston Tx 1991– 1993
Assisted in getting the apartments ready for rent by painting the walls and doors. Filled nail holes and did maintenance around the complex. Maintenance included unplugging of sinks and toilets fix and replace doors, windows and lighting fixtures.
Eventually becoming a security guard.
Electronic Component Engineer- Lockheed Aerospace, Kingsville Tx 1989– 1991
Retrofit P3 Orion with new electronic component including the removal of entire aircraft wiring components and reinstalling updated equipment for the aircraft, replaced all wiring and switches, avionics gear .
Performed modifications on AFCS on the P3 Orion, rewired the automatic flight control components, installed new circuit cards .
Electronic Engineer - Systems and Electronics, Rolling Meadows IL 1986– 1989
I installed and maintained electronic equipment for stress test and metal fatigue on specific areas on the aircraft.
• Maintained extraordinary attendance and truancy records.
• Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines
• Supervised 15-25 people
• Earned Excellent marks and performance reviews with citations for excellence in areas including work v olume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.
• Ability to troubleshoot down to component level and remove and reinstall components