Trina J. Kyle
A proven leader, problem solver and disciplined self-starter with over 12 years of combined experience in Treasury and Accounting who thrives on challenges and has a proven track record of success. Maintains a thorough understanding of business drivers and KPIs to ensure consistent delivery of compliant solutions. EDUCATION:
University of Houston, B.A., Accounting (2015)
BMC Software (11 years)
Tax Accountant (2015 – Present)
● Compliance preparation of federal tax returns for 10 affiliated companies including: Gathering and analyzing financial information and tax rules to calculate tax adjustments. Preparing supporting work papers, and maintaining tax files.
● Compliance preparation of state income and franchise tax returns for 45 states. Reading tax form instructions to ensure that all information is reported correctly.
● Utilizing separate company pro-forma to file forms 1120, forms 5471 for 34 entities, and forms 8858 for 24 entities, and multiple state/country tax returns.
● Downloading computerized general ledger information into Excel spreadsheets and converting the data in the files into the form necessary to transfer data to One Source Bridge software.
● Processing tax returns through One Source GoSystem using Bridge.
● Downloading computerized general ledger information into Excel spreadsheets, and converting the data in the files into the form necessary to transfer data to One Source Bridge software.
● Prepare tax accounting provisions as it relates to federal income tax.
● Prepare monthly journal entries in Oracle, which include franchise tax entries.
● Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations in Blackline.
● Release quarterly taxable income estimates payments (federal and state) and year –end calculations
● Provide assistance for annual financial audit and other tax audits.
● Perform research on tax questions, analyzing federal, state, and international tax law as needed using CCH IntelliConnect and other available tools.
Sr. Treasury Analyst (2007 – 2015)
● Migrate investments and foreign accounts onto bank platforms to streamline investments, cash management and reporting processes.
● Establish processes to automate cash flows by setting up an account structure and assist in migrating most vendors to use Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers.
● Review accounting structure and create flow charts to illustrate current banking setup of each subsidiary, assisting the controller in making decisions more efficiently in regard to account closing/opening, as well as cash flow funding.
● Responsible for analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
● Report organization's finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
● Create advanced forecasting and reporting spreadsheet templates.
● Develop and automate best practices in regard to document management / record keeping as it relates to investment and cash management.
● Monitor Sox compliance to ensure all controls, policies and procedures are implemented and performed within the Treasury structure.
● Performing financial forecasting and reconcile internal accounts.
● Work with worldwide Finance and Accounting teams to ensure revenue and expenses are accurately recorded.
● Create and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensure financial information has been recorded accurately.
● Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures.
● Develop and maintain reports for tracking outstanding receivables. HCA Healthcare (7 years)
Quality Assurance Analyst (2005 – 2007)
● Responsible for the oversight, implementation and analysis of quality measurements for the purpose of PAS process improvement.
● Ensured that key processes were utilized correctly, adhered to quality standards and processes, and measured the effectiveness of PAS procedures.
Credit Analyst Supervisor (2000 – 2005)
● Established and maintained departmental procedures and objectives as well as patient, and customer service policies.
● Provided timely payment of vendor invoices and the maintained accurate records and control reports. Columbia Woman’s Hospital (4 years)
Senior Credit Analyst (1996 – 2000)
● Maintained receivable and payable accounts in addition to preparing account reconciliations.
● Managed relationships with insurance carriers to obtain claim status of outstanding accounts. HLS Financial Group (5 years)
Collections Lead (1991 – 1996)
● Ensured timely assistance with unresolved accounts, posting of unapplied cash, and reconciliation of outstanding account balances.
● Acted as a liaison between the Customer Service team and A/R department to ensure work order processes are followed and billings are timely and accurate. SOFTWARE SKILLS:
● Oracle – JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
● PeopleSoft Financial Systems
● IT2 Treasury Solutions