Senior Network/Systems Security Engineer with over 17 + years of experience is seeking a position that will utilize the exceptional trainings, certifications, and experiences as Information Security and Compliance Analyst. Qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge in designing, installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting in LAN/WAN/Data centres platform in a government and corporate setting.
• Architect, design, configure, troubleshoot, and manage from small to large network infrastructure with hierarchy and scalable redundant multi area data centers with LAN, MAN, WLAN and WAN connection.
• SME (Subject Matter Expert) for BigIP F5. Design, implement, Install, troubleshoot, manage and upgrade F5 Load Balancer. Working with LTM, ASM module. Versions, from 9.x to 13.x. Upgrade from 3600/3800 chassis to iSeries F5. Configure manage and maintain multi location F5 with HA setup. Create iRule per business request. Create system alert, create custom health checks. Troubleshooting using traffic capture and decode them, interpreting logs. Participate companywide discussion (Developer, manager, business unit) regarding what F5 feature and capability.
• Expert knowledge of Checkpoint, Paloalto, Fortigate and ASA/PIX Firewalls, Cisco IOS, Network Sniffer, Wireless Technology VoIP and Linux; also, knowledge of Window 20xx server, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, VMware, as well as network software management tools.
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco Switches, spanning tree, dynamic vlan, Layer 3 and 4 switching with redundant connection.
• Manage, configure, and advance knowledge most Cisco’s Routers and Nexus, OSPF, EIGRP, expert in BGP. Configure and convert Cisco router into medium level firewall.
• Design, implement, and configure VPN for site to site and client based using LDAP and Radius servers, multi-factor (MF) for remote access authentication, in highly secured network with certificate and token access. IPsec and Anyconnect.
• Configure and manage ACS servers and ISE for authentication, authorization, and accounting, in enterprise network devices also wireless security configuration, using EAP-TLS, switches, routers, firewall and VPN.
• Design, implement, Install, troubleshoot, manage and upgrade from small to large WAN connectivity with different WAN media such as, OC-12, OC-3, DS-3, T1 in Frame-relay, MPLS, dedicated leased line, and ATM connection to core network.
• Work as a team leader for implementing, designing, troubleshooting network technology, and networking documentations.
• Proven skills of planning, designing, troubleshooting, deployment and migration of highly secure environments.
• Maintain firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, VOIP and Wireless network in multi OS and Client/Server environments.
• Advanced analysis, implementation, support of servers, Firewalls, IPsec, Content Filtering, VPNs, Web Filtering, DNS/DHCP, Send Mail, Routers, Switches, Web-Proxy, Radius, Tacacs, WLAN, LAN, MAN, and WAN networks. EMPLOYMENT:
Mosaic451, Las Vegas, NV - Sr. Security Engineer June 2018 - Sep 2018
• Responsible and maintaining corporate and Mosaic data flow also support different layer of network connectivity for multiple remote sites, multiple clients and multiple data center.
• Automate network equipment, deployment, configuration and maintain for large network, campus with more than 22,000 nodes.
• Manage, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and configure of multi-vendor firewall, that is more than 700 Plaoalto, FortiGate, Cisco ASA, provide solution implementing firewall, and troubleshoot network problem.
• Highest escalation Engineer points of contact for any network related issue.
• Architect network for various clients and deploy/upgrade infrastructure, create topology and knowledge transfer to Mosaic clients and deploy security center at client site for SOC/NOC remotely monitor.
• Configure and maintain corporate and client data center network infrastructure, enforce security policy and maintain highly secure data center.
• Manage Network servers for backup, automation, gap analysis and troubleshoot application such as, Oxidized, Nagios, DNS, Wireshark, and etc
City National Bank - Las Vegas, NV - Senior Network Engineer IV May 2011 – May 2018
• Design, build and Manage Data Center migration and build/configure next generation Data Center at Las Vegas Super NAP.
• Implement, manage, configure, deploy and troubleshoot (SME) Cisco router, Cisco switches, F5 Load Balancer, ISE, ACS, Checkpoint and ASA Firewalls.
• Design, build and manage e-commerce Network Infrastructure with 100% availability.
• Consolidate current Data Centers to Super NAP and create BCP Data Center.
• Provide Tier-3 troubleshoot support on all managed devices and supported technologies. Sisay Kidane
12266 Lorenzo Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89138
• Provide 24/7 technical support for all City National Banks Firewall, IPS and security services to maintain and protect the integrity of regulatory compliance and legal requirements of the company.
• Design and deploy networks using dynamic routing protocol (EIGRP, OSPF and BGP).
• Architected and Integrated back-end and network infrastructure with an emphasis on scalability, availability, security and manageability.
• Troubleshooting various network related issues with various Service providers/vendors.
• Architect, configure and manage VPN solutions for corporate Remote Access for more than 5000 VPN users using Cisco AnyConnect.
• Design, implement, Install, troubleshoot, manage and upgrade F5 Load Balancer.
• Nevada Cancer Institute - Las Vegas, NV - Senior Network Engineer July 2005 - May 2011
• Architect, Design, implement and manage a data center from ground up, with redundant network, which is Firewall, Load
• Balancer, IPS, Wireless, Switches Router, network infrastructure, cable planet design, VoIP and VPN.
• Architect, Design and support layered Network Security Firewall using IPS, and ASA55xx Firewalls, (FWSW) and ISA server.
• Design, implement and support VPN infrastructure, client and LAN-to-LAN; manage and support web filter software.
• Design, implement and support Enterprise WLAN infrastructure, lightweight and autonomous Wireless Access point.
• Maintain, design and resolve problems, WAN, Routing protocol such as OSPF, Multi-home BGP topology and connectivity, which include ATM, Ethernet, gigabit, MPLS, DS3 and T1 lines.
• Responsible for managing Cisco Call Manager and Unity Server and VoIP Gateway, creating enhanced call feature and conference line bridging, call center configuration and special call rule to route per requested project many Unified Communication feature.
• Consult senior managements with network upgrades forecast network growth and recommend cost saving network operation.
• Architect, design, and manage wide area remote access First Health, Phoenix, AZ - Network Engineer III June 2004 - June 2005
• Lead Network Engineer across US for more than 100 offices and 5000 Network Nodes (Routers, Switches, and Firewall)
• Responsible for maintaining a hierarchy network of access, distribution, and core Switches environment of five Data Center with 99.999% network availability support and manage network security for multi areas network infrastructure.
• Design and support three-layer Network security using Checkpoint Firewall on Nokia and Window OS, 5xx PIX Firewalls and
• Maintain design and resolve problems, WAN, Routing protocol such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP topology and connectivity, which include ATM,
• Ethernet, Gigabit, OC3, OC12, DS3 and T1 WAN connections.
• Responsible for creating network security policy rules, firewall configure. ration, managing and reporting on multi Checkpoint firewalls.
• Maintaining, and configuring Cisco PIX firewalls.
• Consult senior managements with network related company growth and key acquisition. City of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ - Sr. Network Engineer October 2001 - June 2004
• Responsible and maintaining corporate data flow also support different layer of network connectivity for multiple remote sites to
• Manage, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and configure more than 500 Cisco routers and switches from small to large routers.
• Maintain and resolve problems, in LAN, and WAN, and topology and connectivity, which include ATM, Ethernet, Gigabit, OC3,
• OC12, DS3 and T1 lines.
• Checkpoint firewalls administration, pushing firewall rules and troubleshoot network problem managing Checkpoint Firewall
• Configure and maintain PIX firewalls 515 and 525, write network rules, enforce the rule, and create VPN tunnel
• Manage and maintain corporate wide web filtering using Websense software. Write report web access usage Websense Reporter for more than 18,000 nodes.
• Manage Network access server application such as Tacacas+, Radius Server for accessing network devices and remote access. EDUCATION
Bachelor Degree in Applied Mathematics Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa 1990 1994 AAS in Network Technology Estrella Mountain Community College, phoenix, AZ 1998-2000 CERTIFICATION
CCNP, CCNA, CCSA, preparing to take CCIE Lab
MS Office, MS BackOffice, Notes, GroupWise, Suite Checkpoint Firewall-1 NG, Websense, Cisco Works, TACACS+, ACS, ISE SolarWinds, MS Project, MS Visio, Wireshark, AnyConnect, Remedy, I-planet proxy server, Cirrus, Cisco call manager, Cisco Unity, Photoshop, dream weaver, HP open view, and Cisco works. BigIP F5. OPERATING SYSTEM
All Microsoft Windows OS, Windows 20xx Server, Linux Red Hat, Ubuntu, Apple OS 10.x, Cisco IOS, ASA/PIX OS, UNIX (Solaris) 2.x and UNIX BSD.