Grand Valley State University Grand Rapids, MI
Master of Science December 2016
Major: Mechanical Engineering CGPA: 3.53
Bachelor of Engineering August 2013
Major: Mechanical Engineering
● Engineering Analyst at Frazer and Jones Company, Syracuse, NY (January 2018 - Present)
● Collecting the information of Engineering and Production processes in the organization and identify the scopes for potential improvements.
● Performing Failure Mode Effect Analysis on defects in products, methods and manufacturing equipment to direct towards the corrective actions.
● Identifying minute problems in manufacturing equipment and processes that lead to loss in production and suggesting preventive measures to overcome them.
● Analysing the plant layout in departments such as Machine shop, Assembly, Finishing and Grinding to establish an optimized layout for efficient production.
● Identifying the root cause of performance failures and suggesting fool-proofing methods to support continuous production and meet customer requirements.
● Identifying and analysing the product’s features and design jigs, fixtures and gauges to ensure faster production and maintain the quality control.
● Identify, design and execute product/machine/method specific projects for continuous improvement.
● Internship at BISSELL Homecare Inc, Grand Rapids, MI
(Product Development Engineering Department)
(February 2016 – August 2016, 7 Months) (August 2017 – December 2017, 5 Months)
● Designing and Developing test fixtures for performance tests
● Performance analysis of products and prototypes
● Rapid Prototyping using SLS for next generation vacuum cleaner products
● Performing Data Analysis of raw data to identify root causes, trends and potential solutions
● Performing FMEA and Root-Cause analysis on products
● Designed spray tips for required flow rates using CREO solid modelling
● Generated design ideas and proposed functionality schematics for next generation models of vacuum cleaners
● Tested and analysed current models by making variations in the model system and evaluated the performance against the benchmark values
● Noise mitigation ideation and prototyping for next generation hand held carpet cleaner
● Worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at Grand Valley State University
(January 2015 – December 2015, 1 Year)
● Assisted professors and students with Freshman year courses of Mechanical engineering and Electrical engineering
● Assisted students with assignments: Mechanical engineering problems, C programming, Arduino projects
● Course projects: Building Arduino based robots (Sumo Robots, Robot Olympics)
● CNC lab assistant (Benchmill and HAAS CNC Milling machines)
● Lab assistant for Junior Level Fluid Mechanics course Skills
Softwares: Star CCM+, ANSYS, Solid Works, CREO, AUTOCAD, ZWCAD, Unigraphics- NX, Hypermesh, Arduino, Simulation Studio (TRNSYS), LabVIEW, SciLab, HTML, MS- Office, C (Code Blocks)
Hands on experience in Machine shop
o Manual Lathe, Manual Milling, MIG Welding, Design to assembly of experimental setups as per the design
Systematic and practical approach towards problem solving and decision-making ability
● Quick grasping of new technologies, softwares and methods
● Good communication skills within and outside of functional area (Written, Oral, Non-Verbal
● Natural Team Player
Redesigning Solar Power Demo Trailer (Solar on Wheels): Redesigning the entire deployment mechanism
Team project analysing the effect of different drag reduction devices on tractor-trailer semi- trucks with respect to the drag coefficient (Computational Fluid Dynamics approach)
Voluntary contribution to primary phase of the project designing the medical device for Cardio-Pulmonary Bypass procedure (Computational Fluid Dynamics approach)
Design and fabricate Worm and Worm Gear Inspection Fixture as per the specific requirements of the product being mass manufactured (Senior Project, 2 Members)
Performance analysis of solar collectors in combined Domestic Space and Water heating applications for different locations with TRNSYS
Team effort in designing and fabricating Arduino based robots with various objectives from scratch to finish
Team project designing and fabricating the relief device for Autistic children Thesis
Experimental and Numerical study of Dysphagia (CFD Approach)
● Evaluated the effect of time, temperature and thickener on the viscosity of Dysphagia diet
(Partnered with Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, Intensive feeding program)
● Developed a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Model of swallowing process and identified the effects of viscosity and throat geometry for various Dysphagia cases Publications
Aerodynamic study of drag reduction devices on tractor-trailer semi-trucks (CFD Approach), 2016 ASEE NCS Conference (March 2016)
ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training Certificate by MACNY, The Manufacturer’s Association, Central New York
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Applied Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Engineering Design (DFMEA, Fish-Bone Diagram), Quality, Economics & operations (Six-Sigma), Metrology and Quality Control, Production Engineering, Alternative Energy Systems and Applications, Implementation and Measurement, Advanced Engineering Analysis
Dynamics of Machinery, Strength of Materials, Machine Design, Automobile Engineering, Energy Audit & Management, Mechatronics, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Heat Transfer, Applied Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Processes