Matthew D. Eye
Analytical and creative digital marketing professional who excels in leading demand generation initiatives that drive revenue growth and enhance brand recognition for my clients. Adept at improving digital channel performance and ROI through the creation and execution of data-driven marketing strategies. Recognized for comprehensive understanding of performance-based marketing, conversion optimization and online customer acquisition. An innovative thinker with ability to operate in a strategic capacity with laser-focus on flawless execution.
Digital Marketing Marketing Communications Lead Generation B2C B2B C-Level Relationship Management Content Writing UX/Customer Experience Google Analytics Google Ads SEO PPC Social Media Management Programmatic Email Marketing Paid Media Owned Media Earned Media A/B Testing CRM HubSpot Salesforce Data Analysis Audience Insights
Cox Enterprises Dec 2017 – Present
Digital Account Strategist, Cox Media Group
Promote digital advertising solutions across mid-market and enterprise level businesses; engage with clients to understand their goals and create custom marketing campaigns that drive results through effective digital solutions. Work with assigned teams to leverage best practices, provide subject matter expertise, and share actionable insights on campaign strategies – pre and post- sale. Collaborate on training and procedures to assist team in understanding digital landscape: strategy development, branding, social media, and digital marketing.
● Grew inherited client desk by 200% within first 5 months in role; converted accounts from print to 70% digital
● Strategized with internal SEO/SEM team to implement stronger optimization tactics on active accounts: target search page location, target cost per acquisition, and audience targeting in PPC remarketing
● Instrumental in generating a higher conversion rate, from under 2% to above 5%, for my client's social ad campaign by identifying and segmenting key audiences, targeting high-conversion personas filters, and developing multi-variate creatives for a/b testing
● Analyzed campaign performance for a client; developed content optimization for landing pages and keyword bidding adjustment; increased Quality Scores and CTR for over 50% of highest-converting keywords. TEGNA Inc. Jul 2015 – Dec 2017
Digital Account Executive, KHOU Marketing Solutions (Jan 2017 – Dec 2017) Drove new and incremental sales through comprehensive and integrated digital marketing solutions. Developed digital advertising proposals and strategies focused on the benefits of SEM, SEO, Social and Display. Executed business plans and proposals that exceeded all revenue goals as well as client ROI.
● Successfully overhauled a marketing strategy for an HVAC company; developed annual media plan consisting of broadcast, digital, and sponsorship initiatives, helping to establish their brand in the market and generate better consumer recall leading to a higher volume of new customer calls
● Instrumental in re-branding effort for a 4-campus beauty school in Houston; assisted in website rebuild, development of marketing collateral, enhancing Facebook page and content as well as development of social ads (images, copy and targeting), and SEO keyword optimization strategy
● Grew budgets for each transitioned client by double digits or higher within first six months in role
● Closed first broadcast television deal within first three months in new role Regional Account Executive, G/O Digital (Jul 2015 – Dec 2016) Provided digital marketing solutions to mid-market businesses; developed and executed on strategies that assisted clients in reducing operational costs, generating higher returns on investment and providing transparency in performance and reporting metrics. Designed custom digital solutions focused on driving brand awareness and optimizing demand generation.
● Implemented custom landing pages for a 16-location retail client that significantly drove more qualified leads o Created custom landing pages using location extensions in their SEM campaign o Switched to carousel social ads to promote unique products/membership options o Produced multi-purpose videos to incorporate on their website, social media and email campaigns
● Successfully closed multiple six-figure enterprise deals working upstream to C-Level executives
● Sold over $700,000 in annual digital revenue in 2016; nationally ranked top 5 outside sales producer Matthew D. Eye Page 2
Hearst Corporation Nov 2013 – Jul 2015
Digital Marketing Consultant, Hearst Media Services Maximized advertising sales revenue through the development of quality business relationships and the promotion of new and existing digital advertising products. Consulted with small businesses offering customized solutions that simplified marketing processes; provided insights on digital marketing requirements and options as well as tools to help track campaign program effectiveness.
● Recipient of the 2014 President's Club Sales Producer Award
● 163% above quota for digital advertising sales in 2014
● Recognized for developing and retaining the largest book of business (in units) in the Houston market Chase Bank, N.A. Aug 2012 – Nov 2013
Grew and retained profitable relationships with customers by delivering value added solutions that achieved clients’ banking goals. Delivered an outstanding customer experience by uncovering financial needs, opening new accounts, providing convenience services, and resolving customer service issues. Developed book of business by cold-calling new and existing customers for cross- selling opportunities.
● Acquired $300,000 in new savings and CD deposits
● Booked $1.3 million in loan referrals
● Closed $93,000 in retirement and investment fund referrals
● Opened over 180 accounts in a combination of checking, savings and credit cards Benefit Concepts, Inc. Jan 2009 – Jun 2012
Marketing Communications Coordinator & Inbound Leads Specialist Assisted business development and operations management teams with branding, media communications, and marketing materials that successfully promoted the company's products and services. Analyzed print, website and email marketing efforts to design effective sales proposals and marketing collateral. Provided marketing trend and competitive analysis reports.
● Chartered agency marketing initiatives, including logo refresh, brand strategy and unique value messaging
● Improved inbound lead generation close ratio by 2%; increased accountability from telemarketers and sales team through new appointment emails, weekly follow-ups, tighter qualifications on leads and implementation of new business incentives Bank of Texas, N.A. Mar 2006 – Jan 2009
Successfully developed and retained new customers; solicited new business from both existing and prospective customers
(individual and small businesses) via cross-selling and up-selling of products and services. Maintained company standards and teller transaction responsibilities such as receipt, disbursement and recording of money.
● Utilized targeted outbound call blocks and CRM analysis to identify and promote relevant products and services
● Demonstrated high level of success at building rapport with customers and earning their business; exceeded weekly activity goals
● Recipient of multiple Customer Service Awards of Excellence EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts, Advertising Minor, Marketing
University of Houston, 2008
PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP & CERTIFICATIONS
Vice President of BNI (Business Network International) League City Chapter, 2015-16
Panel Speaker - Career Development & Online Networking UH Student Career Center, 2014
Google Ads Certified, Jul 2019
Google Analytics Certified, Aug 2019