Chicago, IL 312-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.linkedin.com/in/mahesh-mulik OBJECTIVE
I am recently graduated masters in mechanical engineering specialising in mechanical product design, Finite Element Analysis and Quality Control with prior experience in coding. I am actively looking for full time job opportunities. I am a quick learner, goal-oriented person with excellent communication skills with the ability to efficiently work in a team to increase productivity and contribute towards the organization. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
University of Illinois at Chicago- Chicago, IL Aug 16-May 18 Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.43/4 Pune University- Pune, India; Jun 11-Jul 15
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.7/4 RELEVANT COURSEWORK
Electives: Finite Element Analysis, Solid Mechanics, Advanced Computer Aided Engineering, Computer Aided Analysis of Multi-body Systems, Applied Stress Analysis, Design of Experiment, Quality Control and Reliability TECHNICAL SKILLS
Skills: PPAP, APQP, FMEA, Statistical Process Control, TQM, 5S, Kaizen, Automotive Quality Standards, GD&T, Statistics, Minitab.
Languages: C++, JAVA, Python, MATLAB, R
Tools:ANSYS Mechanical APDL, AutoCAD, Autodesk inventor,Solidworks, NI-LabView, Cero, Catia, NX, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET), Pune, MH, India Mar 13 – Mar 14 Graduate Trainee
About: C-MET is a scientific society under the Government of India working in the area of electronic materials & renewable energy.
Job Description: Assisted expert scientist on research and development of Li-ion batteries in conducting experiments, documenting results and conclusions of different research methodologies. Contribution: Created coin/button (2032 type) and pouch/rectangular type lithium ion cells using LiFePO4
(cathode) and lithium titanium oxide, LiTiO (anode) with a capacity of 140 mAh/g and no capacity fading was observed up to 25 cycles. Also, prepared Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) material in laboratory using ‘Taguchi’ method. The cathode material was prepared using spray dryer and the anode was prepared using Solid-Solid combustion process.
Doctor Aqua, Pune, MH, India Mar 14 – Aug 15
Mechanical Engineering Intern
About: Doctor Aqua is one of the industry leaders in production and distribution of Water & Waste Treatment systems. Their operations include R&D, design, manufacturing and assembly of the systems Job Description: Assisted lead mechanical engineers in the overall product design process Contribution: Worked on design and assembly of purification systems and testing them for quality assurance. Created 3D models of parts using Solidworks and 2D drawings using AutoCAD, including BOMs and inserting the dimensioning and Tolerance Tables
HSBC, Pune, MH, India Aug 15 – Aug 16
About: Worked in HSBC net department which is responsible for development and maintaining financial systems of the organisation
Job Description: Responsible for design, development and modifying proprietary products according to functionality and design specifications
Contribution: Developed financial transaction applications in COBOL language on Mainframe Systems of HSBC. Improved process efficiency by 20% by implementing Agile practices in SDLC. Implemented software system testing and validation procedures. All the processes were executed with discussions/meetings with the stakeholders and auditors on daily basis as a part of Agile/Scrum ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Design and Fabrication of 3D printer for printing Bio-materials Mar 18 – Apr 18
• Implemented a novel design for extruder and 2 syringe pumps to overcome the quick solidification problem of hydrogels.
• Improved the energy efficiency by decreasing the weight of 3D printer by 30% as compared to available designs
• Simplified the design by making the 2 moving axes (X&Y) move relative to each other and move in parallel plane thereby reducing the moving mechanical parts in the single plane.
• Successfully 3D printed a complex geometry using hydrogels
• The 3D modelling and Assembly was done in Solidworks FEA of Compliant Mini-Grippers Oct 17-Dec 17
• Generated a 3D model of the gripper using SolidWorks
• Conducted stress analysis on the gripper using Ansys APDL
• Verified and validated the results against an implemented on-site industrial solution Design & Analysis of Factors Affecting Employee Satisfaction for cost saving Oct 17-Dec 17
• Designed an experiment by using different designs to analyse the factors affecting the satisfaction level of employees
• Crucial Factors for employee satisfaction were obtained by implementing blocking, projection, regression analysis and Taguchi mixed level design using Minitab
• Data was documented and analysed using MS Excel. Modelling and Simulation of MEM’s based Spider Robot Oct 16-Dec 16
• Spider Robot inspired by real life spider was designed in Solidworks
• Conducted study of forward & reverse dynamics to obtain forces acting on the bot in motion
• Motion analysis was performed on the system using MATLAB and design was optimised. Thermal Analysis of Return Line of a hydraulic Power Steering System Nov 14-May 15
• Created a 3D model of the steering system, performed thermal analysis in ANSYS and recorded the temperature at different points at different time instants
• Fabricated a test rig to measure temperatures at various points using sensors using LabView
• Used test results obtained from test rig to improve the cooling system of steering mechanism thereby increasing system robustness