RESULTS-DRIVEN CREATIVE – Significant and progressive experience in the automotive, healthcare, financial B2B and B2C industries with a strong record of success in omni-channel branding, e-marketing, integrated marketing, advertising, interactive communication, internal communication, publication, and packaging design. Leadership and communication: Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership to develop, articulate and execute a clear, long-term vision while energizing and developing teams. Innovation and creativity: Adept at uncovering new approaches, challenging existing solutions and connecting opportunities to current needs.
COX AUTOMOTIVE SR CREATIVE DIRECTOR AUG 2013 - PRESENT Lead a 15+ team supporting 7 powerhouse brands under Cox Automotive (Manheim, Autotrader, KBB, Ready Logistics, Central Dispatch, RMS and Cox Automotive Enterprise). Provide creative and strategic direction for international customer marketing and internal communication needs, insuring business goals are achieved. Charged with inspiring the team to produce excellent work, driving cross-functional collaboration, identifying innovation, disseminating best practices and ultimately building the brand. Collaborate with internal and external partners, participate in company strategizing, and make recommendations on creative initiatives to support strategic plans.
• Responsible for the strategic development, execution and coordination of omni-channel brand platforms and campaigns for numerous Cox Automotive brands and external key client automotive OEMs (BMW, Nissan, GM Financial etc.).
• Handling the resource planning for a 15+ team by requesting funding for contract support, providing scope of work documentation for agency and internal clients, and working with business stakeholders to manage expectations by identifying priorities.
• Responsible for establishing and overseeing the brand architecture for 5 brands under Cox Automotive ensuring the work aligns to business goals.
• Conducting all creative presentations and pitches with executive leadership.
• Implemented new project management tools, technology solutions and creative development processes which resulted in successfully handling a 145% increase in project load.
• Continually working with leadership to evaluate team roles and responsibilities, hire new talent and motivate existing talent to produce leading edge creative.
NEWELL BRANDS CREATIVE DIRECTOR 2011 - 2013
Set overarching brand vision, objectives and strategies for the Beauty & Style general business unit (GBU) (Goody Hair products, Ace Hair Products and Salano) and Decor GBU (Levolor, Kirsch and Amerock). Management responsibilities include leading cross- functional collaboration with the Channel, Marketing and Scouring teams to ensure branding strategies are executed in line with the company’s business initiatives. Managed a 14+ team, comprising of Photo Director, Project Managers, Graphic Designers, Production Artists, Copywriters and external agencies to produce agency-level work in support of internal clients. Provided creative and strategic direction for all packaging, merchandising and digital communication needs. Oversaw creative development timelines and execution of processes in support of all corporate directives.
• Executed 3 integrated campaigns yearly that drove sales on key product categories for Goody, Levolor and Kirsch.
• Launched 2 rebranding projects that enhanced brand value for Goody and Levolor within a 1 year timeframe.
• Overhauled all content for print, packaging, merchandising web, advertising, catalogs and television commercials to align with the newly developed brand voices
• Produced photography, television and video media for regional/national TV commercials, product launch/ in-store informational videos, and training videos and “behind-the-scenes” clips for the web.
• Directed shopper marketing creative initiatives to win in-store, and through retailer-led marketing vehicles resulting in a 40% increase in sales from 2012-2013
• Reduced 2 GBU creative services budgets by 25% and introduced creative briefs to strategically align deliverables to business initiatives.
SOLOLFLIGHT DESIGN STUDIO PARTNER / CREATIVE DIRECTOR 2006 - 2011 Lead all brand and communication development for such clients as Georgia Pacific, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, AutoTrader.com, American Kidney Fund, Aon eSolutions, U.S. Pipe and Merial. Management responsibilities included leading a 6+ team and external agencies to produce high quality on target work. Developed brand strategies and tactics within the print/digital/social space to achieve annual revenue growth for clients. Acting as the client liaison by presenting various stages of work and effectively responding to client’s requests. Creating project briefs, budgets and negotiated contracts for company’s creative and digital agencies.
• Produced a print publication for Aon eSolutions that increased a print run from 8,000 to 14,000 copies due to increased demand.
• Produced a publication for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta that helped their name recognition increase by 25% within a 3 year span.
• Increased internal billings for Aon eSoultions by nearly 75% between 2008 and 2011.
• Developed a print and interactive web-based public awareness campaign for Atlanta Beltline that experienced 25% hit rate from e-blasts and a 15% increased site activity to beltline.org.
• Successfully transitioned a traditionally printed community report for AutoTrader.com into a successful award winning interactive publication.
TWIST180 OWNER 2005 - 2006
Design and web support for a number of Atlanta based business and creative agencies such as: Market Works, Critt Graham Associates, Houston &, Tympani Marketing and Creative Group. Handled account executive duties such as client meetings, meeting recaps, budget development, and proposal preparation.
• Produced web-based training program that educated bank tellers how to effectively sell American Express Gift Cards.
• Effectively encouraged bank tellers to sell more American Express Traveler Checks through an interactive rewards program.
• Produced numerous community and annual reports for Fortune 500 companies such as Coke Cola and Cater’s. PEGGY LAURITSEN DESIGN GROUP DESIGN DIRECTOR 2000 - 2005 Conceived, designed and produced a wide range of print collateral and web-based promotional materials for clients, such as Goodwill, UnitedHealthcare, AMS, Medtronic, Coca-Cola, and Direct Source. Management responsibilities included training and leading a team of 3; hiring and managing outside vendors; handling client creative presentations; and keeping projects on time and within budget.
• Developed a capital campaign for GoodWill that out-produced financial expectations by 30%. Integrated flash capabilities into our company’s core strengths and financial revenue source.
• Presented and participated in external branding workshops, highlighting our company’s successful client case studies.
• Re-positioned and developed a new corporate brand for Direct Source who was looking to grow aggressively and position themselves as an industry leader.
• Introduced and effectively implemented content management systems for AMS, Direct Source and Medtronic web sites.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design Bachelor’s Degree
892 PAOLI AVE SE ATLANTA GA 30316
MICHELLEDUCAYET.SQUARESPACE.COM + COXAUTOCREATIVE.COM