646-***-**** // firstname.lastname@example.org // @fortninety
Publicist: Death by Audio Arcade, 2016 – present
- Currently managing Death by Audio Arcade’s social media presence and spearheading press outreach.
- Responsibilities include management of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope) via direct authorship or guiding the efforts of contributors, as well as producing promotional copy for the WIP website relaunch, monthly newsletter
(TinyLetter, MailChimp), and various crowdfunding platforms (Patreon, FRIENDS).
- Successfully led to Death by Audio Arcade’s appearance in a variety of local (New York City focused) publications that specialize in music & art culture, along with nationally known publications such as Kotaku and The Wall Street Journal. Executive Producer, Project Manager: Attract Mode, 2010 – present
- Current author of the brand’s identity, by isolating unseen or overlooked examples of video game culture and presenting them in an accessible manner, via weekly blog posts (Tumblr, Medium) and social media (Twitter, Facebook). The brand’s ethos are reflected by a curated boutique that specializes in fine art prints, limited-edition publications, and apparel, which is either hand-picked or produced in-house.
- Spearheaded numerous gallery exhibits, installations, and tech demonstrations across North America, including New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto. Past partners include Giant Robot, Babycastles, Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), Toronto Comics Arts Festival (TCAF), NYU Game Center, and First Second Books.
- Noteworthy projects include being the initial inspiration of and eventual collaborator in TIFF & TCAF’s inaugural Comics Vs. Games initiative, by overseeing collaborations between game makers + cartoonists, and being driving force behind a series of PAX Prime after parties, by art directing talent, overseeing production, securing the venue, overseeing all logistics, plus handling all promotional efforts. Associate Producer, Publicist: Peel Here Productions, 2015 – 2017
- Associate Producer for 30 Years of Garbage: The Garbage Pail Kids Story, the feature length documentary on the 80s pop culture phenomena. Performed various pre- and post-production roles, including script editing, time coding, and sound sync.
- As the designated PR specialist, produced a strategy to secure crowdfunding by spreading awareness of the Indiegogo campaign, maintained the film’s Twitter account, and served as the primary point person for members of the press.
- Produced the premiere screening at the Anthology Film Archives in New York City by securing the location plus working closely with its management. Also helped to produce live interview segments at New York Comic Con. Festival Coordinator: Games For Change, 2016
- Oversaw all branding & promotional efforts for the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival: the G4C Games & Media Summit & the Tribeca Film Festival Street Fair.
- Served as the G4C point person for curators, speakers, sponsors, & VIPs, facilitated furniture & equipment rentals/purchases, enlisted & trained student volunteers, oversaw staff scheduling, plus authored the event floor plan, run of show, & Voice of God script.
- Alongside the Tribeca Film Festival events, lent supplemental aide towards G4C’s biggest yearly event, the Games for Change Festival, by producing databases related to hotels for guests and in-kind donations. Served as the Festival team’s point of contact for a group of students developing an on-site game and the curator. Community Arts Coordinator, Game Programs Consultant, Public Relations Expert: Gamma Space (formerly Bento Miso), 2013 – 2015
- Tapped into years of experience and insight as a game creator and journalist by lending support towards Toronto’s premiere indie game community hub & co-working space.
- Secured coverage for LOUD on Planet X (iOS, Android, PS4, Steam) across major outlets which led to its Kickstarter campaign’s success and production being officially green-lit.
- Represented the developers of LOUD and other Gamma Space projects at trade events
(IndieCade East, PAX East, and PAX Prime) by scheduling press appointments, assisting with interviews, and conducting demos.
Game Designer: Various
- Lead Designer at Ubisoft New York between 2000-01. Conceived and designed console
(PS1, PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA) titles for North American and European markets. Also projected managed various browser games for the Ubisoft subsidiary Ludi Media.
- Co-founded PixelJump, a pre-iPhone mobile dev consultancy, which operated between 2002-04. Clients included NBCUniversal, Paramount, Sony Classics, Warner Bros, and Miramax.
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), various Google apps
(Docs, Sheets, Slides, YouTube), various Apple apps (Pages, Keynote, iMovie, iTunes Store), Slack, Trello, Basecamp, Dropbox, Audacity, TweetDeck EDUCATION
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Cartooning & Illustration: School of Visual Arts