RICHARD T. LUDVIGSEN
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
With over ten years in Human Resources Management, I have developed and maintained Human Resources programs in the manufacturing, government, non-profit, healthcare, and hospitality sectors. Proven areas of expertise include:
• Full-Cycle Recruiting • Compensation Packages
• Succession Planning • Training Events
• Workforce Planning • Conflict Resolution
• Public Speaking • HRIS
• Standards and Compliance • Management Strategies
• Employee Engagement • Team Builder and Leader
Proven enthusiastic self-starter to lead and drive proactively key initiatives.
Proven leadership skills to build confident and competent teams. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Hope House Treatment Center, Crownsville, MD Oct 2017- Aug 2018 Director of Human Resources
Sole Human Resources personnel for a multi-location drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility. Negotiated employee insurance policies, including medical and Worker’s Compensation. Streamlined the Human Resources Department through converting it to a digital department. Created multiple departmental strategies for growth, providing the support for doubling the operation after six months. Integrated medical credentialing standards into daily functions. Updated the company for compliance.
HR Answers, Columbia, MD Mar 2014- Oct 2017
Owner/operator for a full services consulting firm specializing in Human Resources for small and medium sized businesses. Services include organizational development, employment services including temporary placements and temp-to-hire, payroll processing, and recruiting services.
Tikras Technology Solutions Corp., Rockville, MD
Retained on a project basis for an information technology in cyber security, projects included updating handbook for compliance in the changing environment as well as recruiting for their niche positions.
• Recruited multiple niche positions for the NOAA, Department of Internal Affairs, Bureau of Indian Affairs
• Implemented company handbooks in compliance with the OFCCP, as well as federal and state regulations.
• Provided support during critical and sensitive investigations such as EEO. St. Paul and Biddle Medical Associates, Baltimore, MD Responsible for developing their Human Resources Department for a multi-location medical group with over 28 locations in the Baltimore area from scratch. Functions of the role were executive and strategic leadership of the department.
• Finalized the company handbook for compliance
• Worked with insurers to bring them from the assigned risk Workers Comp into the open market
• Facilitated training and education workshops for the employees’ benefits programs Bindagraphics, Baltimore, MD
Responsible for managing and streamlining the company’s Human Resources Department for a local manufacturing company.
• Streamlined processes for efficiency and communication
• Worked with Maryland Unemployment for a 3% decrease in company premiums
• Recruited niche production and management positions. firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 937-***-****
5718 April Journey.
Columbia MD, 21044
Intercontinental Export-Import, LLC, Columbia, MD Aug 2013-Mar 2015 Human Resources Manager
Sole Human Resources employee for an international plastics recycling company with nine different profit centers in seven states, as well as offices in Mexico, India, and the United States. Directed and developed practices and policies bringing the company into compliance with federal and state laws as well as improving existing ones. Managed company wide recruiting and payroll for over 500 employees.
• Renegotiated company insurance rates creating a $97k savings in first year
• Developed relationships with offices of federal and state programs to recoup money for training.
• Reduced Worker’s Compensation loss runs through fraud investigations and reduced claims by over
Jumpstart:HR, Columbia, MD, July 2012-Aug 2013
Human Resources Consultant
Developed multiple organizations Human Resources Departments. Reported to the company owners and met with high-level executives to facilitate their unique needs.
greeNEWit, Columbia, MD
Developed a Human Resources Department for a local start-up focusing on home energy conservation.
• Wrote job descriptions for all positions
• Developed key policies, including Drug Policy and Reference Check Policy
• Instituted safety personal protection equipment programs for field employees
• Initiated and executed a new employee evaluation program Bridgeway Community Church, Columbia, MD
Facilitated Human Resources functions and payroll duties for a non-profit church.
• Converted and managed ADP for a nonprofit organization to process payroll
• Audited employee files for compliance and completion
• Brought client into compliance with state and federal standards Psychiatric Institute of Washington, Washington DC Trained the incumbent HR Generalist and conducted the search for the company’s HR Director.
• Reviewed and rewrote employee handbook
• Streamlined client’s credentialing and paneling processes Patrice and Associates, Columbia, MD April 2012-August 2012 Recruiter,
Recruiter for hospitality industry. Placed ads, cold called, screened candidates, and wrote resumes for potential candidates. Communicated with clients to find their staffing needs. Panera Bread Company, Cherry Hill, NJ 2007 to 2012 Training Specialist
Hired, trained, and retained a staff of 45. Selected and developed team members for succession. Responsible for the day-to- day operations of a $55+K weekly store. Oversaw Quality, Production Maintenance, Training Duties, and associated P&L. Red Lobster, Dayton, OH. 1999 to 2007
EXPEDITOR (KITCHEN SUPERVISOR)
Responsible for facilitating and supervising a staff of 15 in a kitchen environment. Oversaw the Quality and Production of the materials.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelors of Science in Business- Human Resources Management- Capella University June 2016 Master of Business Administration, concentration in Human Resources - Capella University June 2017 UMBC- Society for Human Resources Management Certification class. Recognized by Department of Defense with the Patriotic Employer Award. Member of Society for Human Resources Management.
References Available Upon request