Dedicated, service-focused professional seeking a position as a License Vocational Nurse. Commended for reliability and trustworthiness with the ability to quickly learn new concepts and skills. Excellent common sense, judgment, decision-making abilities, and backed by a solid work history with the reputation as a team player and a passion for helping others. Seeking a challenging position with diverse job responsibilities and an organization requiring demonstrated skills in leadership, planning, and communication. EXPERIENCE
Maxim Healthcare / Travel License Vocational Nurse 2017-Current
• Obtain information from patient and/or family to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
• Take vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, pain level, height, weight, measurement of head circumference and length); perform a behavioral health screening.
• Provide individualized nursing care to patients of all ages based upon the physician's medical plan, the nursing assessment and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient.
• Assist physician with various examinations and diagnostic procedures.
• Screen and review immunization records to select required immunizations, correct dosages, and administer oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular immunizations to all age groups.
• Perform teaching to patients and/or family regarding self-care procedures and documents teaching 10+ years in Nursing with experience in Hospitals, Med Surg, ER, LTAC, Long term care, Home Health/hospice, Physician Clinics: Family Practice, pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, Endocrinology, Interal medicine, Administrative positions and staffing coordinator.
EDUCATION AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2010 Coastal Bend College Beeville, TX
2004 Texas School of Business Houston, TX
Achievement Award in LVN Program, 2010
Presidents List, GPA 4.0
License Vocational Nurse, 2010
Certified for Diabetic Eye Exams, 2007
Certified X-ray Bone Densitometer, 2004
Certified Medical Assistant, 2004-2010
Certified Phlebotomist, 2004