Phone: 631-***-**** E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York University, NY January 2016 - January 2018 Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, GPA: 3.5/4.0 Relevant Courses:
Data Structure and Algorithm
Intro to Operating System
Principles of Database System
Advanced Machine learning
Probability and Stochastic
Internet Architecture Protocol (TCP/IP)
Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), Beijing, China September 2011 - June 2015 Bachelor in Opto-electrical Information Engineering, GPA: 3.6/4.0, First Class Honor PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Everlasting Wardrobe Software Engineer New York, NY September 2017 – Present
• Developed clothes recommendation website, which collected users’ preference with a Tinder-ish interface.
• Designed a SPA front-end in React.js, which displayed clothing that users can swipe to like or dislike. The webpages achieved responsive design with Bootstrap, CSS. The preferences were sent back through REST API for data analysis.
• Created recommendation system in Python Django framework. It calculated clothes recommendation to a user with KNN and collaborative filtering algorithm improving prediction accuracy by 70%, and unified data management by sorting data in MySQL database with SQL Alchemy ORM.
• Programmed warehouse management system with Node.js Express framework, MySQL and Sequelize ORM. Wrote RESTful API to transmit JSON between servers and increased read speed 40% by caching data in Redis.
• Deployed app in Docker containers on Heroku, which increased the number of app instances 4X. PROJECT EXPERIENCE
URL Full Stack Development of an Ecommerce Shopping Application March – May 2018 merchandise management, sorting, filtering, rating, collecting.
• Developed an ecommerce shopping website where users can search and like items, create shopping list and give ratings to the items.
• Created back-end with Node.js Express framework and used MongoDB to store user and item information.
• Created a Spotify-like music streaming service where users can generate playlists, make playlists available to other users, like artists, give ratings (say, from one to five stars) to songs, and follow other users.
• Designed database in MySQL to store user, music and other information. Used Spring Data JPA to operate database and Spring Security to provide both authentication and authorization and protect against attacks. Restaurant Searching and Booking System September – October 2017 Restaurant rating, booking, recommendation
• Designed a restaurant service website where users can search, book and rate restaurant.
• Built the back-end service with PHP and SQL server.