LinkedIn GitHub Portfolio Tableau Profile
PROFILE AT A GLANCE
• Data Analytics professional with 5 years of experience, collaborating cross-functional teams in development, documentation & delivery of process innovations driving the attainment of business goals.
• Proficient in analysing, interpreting trends & patterns using Machine Learning algorithms, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python, MS Excel, etc. SKILLS
Concepts: Regression, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Bagging, Boosting, Clustering, Feature Engineering, Statistics.
• Database: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PL/SQL, T-SQL, MS-Access
• Reporting Tools: Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, Excel, QlikView
• Operating System: Linux, HP-UX, Windows
• Technologies/Tools: R, Python, Excel, SAS, MSVisio, SSIS, SSAS, Google Analytics, GIT
• Bigdata: Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive
Master of Science, Management Information Systems University of Illinois at Chicago, USA GPA: 3.88/4 May’18
• Relevant Coursework: Data Mining, Statistics for Management, Analytics for Big Data, Business Data Visualization, Advance Database Management, Statistical Models & Methods for Business Analytics.
• Worked as Graduate Assistant for the Department of Social Work at UIC. Received 100% tuition waver. Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science Engineering CSVTU, India GPA: 3.9/4 June’12
• Awarded as Branch topper of the Department of Computer Science. Positioned among the top 5% students throughout the course.
• Served as an Assistant to the HOD of Computer Science Department. Also served as Training & Placement coordinator. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Predictive Analytics Employee Survey data analysis Objective: To determine the factors that contribute to the overall job satisfaction of employees in federal agencies of US.
• Performed Hypothesis test to gain insights about the data and developed a Regression model to find out the job satisfaction factors.
• Determined ‘Satisfaction with Leadership’ & ‘Training & Personal Growth’ as major factors contributing towards overall job satisfaction rate in Top 4 agencies. Data Visualization BTS Airline performance analysis Objective: To analyse the airline performance and identify causes of delay of the airline.
• Visualized Performance metrics such as airline delay, on-time-performance, taxi out time etc., using Tableau to identify major causes of delay in the airline performance.
• Performed competitor analysis to identify areas of improvement, provided recommendations that can improve the airline performance by at least 15-20 %. Classification Earning Manipulation detection
Objective: To classify between manipulator & non-manipulator firms and to determine the best algorithm to achieve this purpose.
• Created model using Logistic regression and other classification algorithm to predict manipulator class, using R packages like–‘caret’, ‘DMwR’,‘e1071’,‘ROCR’,
‘ROSE’ to determine the earning manipulator firms.
• Performed data balancing and identified Logistic Regression as the best machine learning algorithm to perform this task.
• The accuracy of the developed model in predicting no. of earning manipulators was 24% more than the previously used approach. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Vensi Inc., Data Analyst project intern Jan’18 – May’18 Objective: To predict the count of items placed on the smart shelf given the total weight.
• Designed data analytics platform for its ‘smart-shelf’ app. Developed predictive model using R to predict the count of items for inventory management.
• Created attractive dashboard/UI using shiny R & Tableau to demonstrate the performance of the smart shelf. University of Illinois at Chicago, Graduate Assistant as Data Analyst Aug’17– May’18 Objective: To predict the count of items placed given the total weight.
• Analysed data, implemented Decision Tree algorithm using Python to predict factors that influence student’s academic performance & social behaviour.
• Represented the pattern/insights of data using Tableau & matplotlib library in Python.
• Resulted in the improvement of student drop rate by 10%. IBM India Pvt. Ltd., Business Data Analyst/BI Analyst April’14 –Dec’16 Data Analytics
Objective: To construct a method that can help in optimising ATM cash replenishment process.
• Analysed the ATM transaction data for sample ATM’s to obtain trends and patterns in cash withdrawals for the ATMs.
• Developed a predictive model that utilizes ML algorithms to predict the cash replenishment values that boosted revenue by 30%. Enterprise Data Warehouse
• Performed in-depth research of data to derive insights. Analysed data and generated KPIs for strategic decision-making.
• Involved in data Migration (ETL) from various platform to SQL Server using SSIS.
• Involved in writing SQL queries, triggers, stored procedures, CTE, sub-queries, temp tables, table variables, Joins, functions, views, as per requirement.
• Performed statistical analysis of data. Monitored/Helped team with data analysis, building dashboards/report.
• Collaborate between business & technical personnel to ensure a mutual understanding of technical requirements, processes & applications.
• Analysed business requirements to develop project design and work plan. Involved in WSR meeting and reporting.
• Mentored and fostered a team of 2 interns during the development phase.
• Used Tuning Wizard and SQL Profiler for Monitoring and Performance Tuning, Created Indexes for improvising the query performance. Contributed to improve database performance by 33%.
CSS INDIA, Database Developer Sept’12 - April’14
• Involved in design, development and testing of web applications using Java, HTML, CSS etc.
• Created and maintained database components using MySQL & Visio for developed applications.