Amanda C. F. Burns
Seeking a full-time position with a progressive organization offering an opportunity to utilize geological and gemological skills and education.
Ogden College of Science and Engineering, Western Kentucky University, B owling Green, KY Bachelor of Science in Geology, Minor in Geography Concentration in Mineralogy and Fossil Fuels
Assistant Store Manager ( HR and Merchandising)
September 2016 - Present
55 hours weekly
48,776 / year
-A ssist in leading teams in planning, implementation and execution of initiatives for inspired selling
-Achieved/ exceeded weekly, period and annual sales budgets.
- Obtained and utilized technical, professional knowledge, compliance and skills to develop and implement programs and training sessions for all associates.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to produce results through training
- Solely responsible for all State and Federal compliance
- Serve as a liason providing feedback and enforcing direction from District manager and Coordinators on the direction of H.R and Merchandising related functions. Craftsperson
Tiffany & Company
June 2012 - May 2015
40 hours weekly
● Produced precious jewelry pieces using materials, gemstones and instructions provided by Tiffany & Co. to Tiffany quality and production standards.
● Duties included polishing, laser welding, Chain of Diamond Command, tool making, diamond and brand verifying, stone setting and repair and fabrication. Metalsmith/ Owner
A. Burns Jewelry
September 2010 - Present
100 hours monthly
● Fabricated custom pieces of jewelry from metal, such as platinum, gold, silver, copper, and brass with and without stones.
● Performed gemological and geological analysis of loose gemstones.
● Maintained accurate records and reviewed and composed damage reports.
● Provided full service jewelry repair and provided one-on-one consultations with customers. Medicare Reconciliation Specialist
Humana Inc. (File Error team)
November 2008 - August 2010
40 hours weekly
● Reconciled capitation received for Medicare services to ensure amount was correct.
● Performed revisions to, and overlooked variances in membership information to ensure money received matched money owed to Humana and money paid out to the government.
● Managed over 3 million customer files with a team of 15 people. Deputy Finance Director
Greg Fischer for U.S. Senate Campaign
February 2008 - May 2008
● Supervised and coordinated events for training interns to assist with email and mail solutions.
● Responsible for planning all fundraising that allowed the campaign to accomplish its goals.
● Worked closely with my candidate, campaign manager and a finance committee to meet financial goals.
● Responsible for my candidates schedule for fundraising and and prepared and organized all staffing call times.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Openoffice E- schedule, Kronos, know me, Express HR and NGP (National Geographical and Political Software), Lotus notes, CI, Marx, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Litton.