DEONTE D. BROUSSARD M.A., LPC
**** ******** **. • Houston, Texas 77033 •
832-***-**** • email@example.com
Solutions-oriented and creative emerging professional with master’s-level education in Counseling prepared to leverage professional skills across any diverse and multi-faceted business.
• Highly effective communication, interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills.
• Easily establish effective rapport with diverse populations and age groups.
• Solid expertise conducting high-volume research and analysis.
• Extensive clinical knowledge of mental health and substance abuse services.
Licensed Professional Counselor #70182 (2012)
Prairie View A & M University - Prairie View, Tx
Master of Arts in Counseling (2008)
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice(2005)
National Smart Healthcare Houston, Tx May 2018-
Clinical Auditor/Quality Assurance
Conducting chart audits.
Monitoring case managers as well as offering support with complex cases.
Provide clinical updates to MCO as requested by email, phone calls, emails and staffing’s.
Assisting in the development and implementation of treatment plans.
Developing training materials and training staff on best clinical practices.
Sun Behavioral health Houston, Tx March 2017 –November 2017
Unit Behavioral Therapist/Chemical Dependency Counselor
Responsible for providing psychotherapy and counseling therapies including group, individual and family therapy for patients suffering from psychiatric issues.
Ensures accurate and timely patient documentation.
Prepares appropriate discharge plans and works with Utilization Review to ensure continued stay day.
Oceans Behavioral Hospital Katy, Tx September 2015- August 2017
Primary role is to provide therapeutic care for psychiatric patients in an inpatient setting.
The ability to function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team, and utilizes the clinical services process in implementation of patient’s care.
Provide direct clinical assessments, intervention, treatment planning and discharge planning as well.
Individual, group and family sessions in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State Regulations.
Anthem/Wellpoint, Houston, Tx October 2014-March 2015
Behavioral Health Stabilization Case Manager
• Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy, clinical criteria, and industry standards, accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products, and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources.
• Ensures member access to medically necessary, quality healthcare in a cost effective setting according to contract.
• Collaborates with providers to assess member needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
• Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire, Bellaire, Tx May 2014-October 2014
• The Intake Clinician is responsible for coordination of assessments of incoming patients with Intake Counselors, coordinates Doctor's assessments and initiates the Admission process with the Admissions Clerk.
• The Intake Coordinator provides technical assistance to the discharge planning process, under the direction of the Director of Assessment Services. As well as utilization review and initial inpatient authorizations.
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, Houston, Tx February 2009-March 2012
Behavioral Intake Counselor
Provide information, tools and solutions, by helping guide clients through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals.
• Perform telephone intakes, determine member eligibility and benefits, and make counseling referrals in the areas of mental health and chemical dependence.
• Assess callers for risk factors to ensure caller's safety and to triage urgent cases, and process requests for counseling.
• Arrange assessment appointments in urgent cases; follow up with caller or clinician to ascertain safety of caller.
• Create and maintain appropriate clinical records.
United Most Worshipful Scottish Rite Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, Kappa Kappa Psi national honorary band fraternity incorporated, Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity incorporated.