Chemistry Teaching Assistant – Chemistry Department at Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI (8/2011-5/2013)
- Lab: Taught curriculum, monitored lab equipment, and maintained a lab room with 24 college students for three-hour labs each week. Was also a resource to students during office hours to further problem solve and enhance learning.
- Discussion: Facilitate discussion, teach, and grade chemistry homework problems once a week to a class of 40 college students. Was also a select resource to students for exam review sessions – entire class was 200 college students. Chemistry Stockroom Supervisor – Chemistry Department at Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI (8/2013-5/2015)
- Lab Classes: Hourly rotations observing students and teaching assistants using correct safety practices, assisting with clarification and questions, fulfilling chemical and equipment refills, and ensuring labs were checked out/reset for the next session..
- Stockroom Management: Handle glassware maintenance and inventory needs of stockroom and lab classes, preparing chemicals and student station set ups for the following week, organizing and cleaning dirty equipment, and proper waste disposal of chemicals.
- 2013 – organic lab, 2014 – general chemistry lab, 2015 – organic and chemistry labs Cafe Coach – Stone Creek Coffee, Milwaukee, WI (2/2018 - present)
- Café Operations and Reporting - Significant observation running the cafe through scheduling, inventory ordering and management, clean environment upkeep, and administrative organization. Responsible for financial success and reporting, cafe deposits, staff payroll, and accuracy of cafe profit communication to retail team.
- Customer Service and Team Development - Direct mentor to the cafe team for continued training, education, and empowerment that increases the
“true quality” experience of customers entering the cafe. Ensure the team provides impeccable and urgent service to every customer, cultivating the SCC culture, and continuing a consistency of learning of coffee through contagious passion. Supervisor – Brew Cafes at Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI (11/2015-12/2017)
- Café Supervision and Staff Mentorship– Oversee day-to-day operations for five cafés across campus – maintain a high-quality customer service and experience, production of quality beverages and goods provided every time, check sanitation and cleanliness of cafés, ensure transactions and monetary values are accurate, and supervise a staff of 80 baristas in their different roles. On the spot correction and enhancement of barista tasks, each semester having personal mentees to check in with frequently and help cultivate into better baristas but also young men and women.
- Administrative Role – Direct all hiring, training, scheduling, and payroll of all baristas and cafés. Certain semesters also complete the master inventory and product analysis in addition to regular roles when management team was low staffed.
- Café Enhancement – Directly oversaw the startup of our new café (fall 2017) – training, product placement, set up and application of new machines, customized customer requests, and barista oversight to ensure success and implementation. Barista – Brew Cafes at Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI (10/2014-5/2015)
- Worked in a variety of café locations and settings with a range of co-workers to maintain excellent customer service when preparing food and beverage at the coffee shop. A regular shift required positive personal interaction with customers and coworkers, brewing coffee and preparing espresso based drinks from the bar, maintaining cleanliness behind the counter and in the surrounding areas, safeguarding food, and any other tasks a supervisor may have requested.
Camp C ounselor
ARCh Camp Pow Wow, Menomenee Falls, WI (Summers 2013-2015)
- Instructor for the Life Skills Program: This camp is specifically for adults and children with special needs. Camp is structured to give them every day experiences without outside social pressures. At Life Skills I built the curriculum for campers to improve reading and writing skills, gardening, and cooking as a few examples. More examples and information available upon request. Camp Misty Mountain, Calhoun, GA (Summer 2012)
- Counselor at a Resident Camp: Lived with the girls full time from wake up call, through all meals, and assisted with evening activities before shower hour and tuck in time. Was responsible for all the needs of campers and their safety.
- Horse Back Riding Instructor: Instructed girls how to ride a horse, care and groom, feed, and perform barn maintenance tasks each day during camptivity time. Also oversaw Jr. Counselors and their activities as well as the 40 horses on site. ORGANIZATIONAL INVOLVEMENT
- Member of the Alto Section (1/2010-5/2014)
- Alto Section Leader (2012-2013 academic year)
- Social Chair (2013-2014 academic year)
- Co-founder (Spring 2012)
- Vice President (2012-2013 academic year)
- President (2013-2014 academic year)
St. Joe’s REC Sunday School Program - 1st Grade
(Fall 2014 – Spring 2015)
St. Bridget (2008)
John’s Creek, GA
Head Coach for 6t h
BA – Sociology (May 2015)
Minors: Chemistry, Women and Gender Studies
Marquette University Milwaukee, WI
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School