Cynthia Cooper, MBA, PMP, SCMP
919-***-**** http://www.linkedin.com/in/cynthiaccooper firstname.lastname@example.org SENIOR DIRECTOR SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER OPERATIONS MGMT CONSULTANT Transform Organizations, Operations & Business Process to Improve Performance & Effectiveness Targeted Technology Solutions: Design and deliver strategies and solutions that resolve core business issues and position the organization to achieve operational excellence through an understanding of how technology interacts with the business.
Operations & Governance: Drive and implement initiatives that maximize Business efficiencies, reduce operational costs, and improve governance and operating models.
Program Leadership: Assemble and lead global cross-functional teams, building a mutual trust and setting clear expectations to offer members the freedom to innovate.
Change Management: Develop and execute change management strategies and plans that ensure organizational alignment, readiness, and adoption of transformational change.
(The Ettain Group) Ipreo, Raleigh NC June 2017 – June 2018 Program/Project Director (Consultant)
Established & directed program management office (PMO) best practices and methodologies for internal agile product teams. Provided program management for product teams and defined an operational management plan for multiple product consolidation initiatives. Interfaced with executives and led program Steering committee meetings and established governance processes.
MetLife September 2014 – December 2016
Director Process Improvement & Principal Process Improvement Specialist Provided strategic direction, coaching and development to a staff of Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and ITIL process experts, and served as the primary point of contact for corporate-wide initiatives process transformation initiatives. Partnered with corporate executives to identify process improvement opportunities and align them directly with business strategies and priorities.
• Provided guidance and established project governance routines for process improvement initiatives
• Facilitated corporate strategy process improvement workshops for cross functional teams
• Supported implementation of corporate strategic initiatives through the design and execution of lean process improvement initiatives.
• Successfully launched process improvement initiatives that optimized engineering service operations through the elimination of waste and non-core activities that resulted in multimillion dollar savings
(The Select Group) Quintiles, RTP NC October 2013 - August 2014 Change Management Program Director (Consultant)
Directed, developed, and implemented change management strategy for enterprise alignment, readiness, and adoption of Quintiles Microsoft Office 365 global deployment. Managed relationships with training vendors, client services, and site support providers.
Areas of Expertise
• Business Transformation
• Strategic Planning
• Operational Enablement
• Program/ Project
• Organizational Change
• Operations Management
• Designed and implemented change, communication, and training strategy to inform, engage, and educate over 30,000 employees on Office 365 cloud services transition globally
• Established and mobilized global Change Agent Network to represent key organizations across the enterprise, conducted impact assessments, defined adoption strategies, and facilitated enterprise awareness, understanding and preparedness for the transition to cloud services
• Developed strategy for launch of worldwide workshops in partnerships with global site executives, clinical support and IT teams to enable organization readiness and adoption October 2012-October 2013
Provided leadership and management of resources, strategies, and plans for enterprise network upgrade (over 140 global sites), data center storage refresh, firewall migration, multi-site call center rollout, and enterprise cloud and on- premise conferencing solutions.
• Directed program management of Infrastructure Services organization’s $11M global network roadmap
• Managed upgrade and rollout of enterprise wireless access (AP refresh, BYOD, & Guest) to 2 Data Centers and over 140 sites
• Directed Insourcing of Infrastructure Services Operations Center reducing cost by 50%
• Provided program management for global rollout of enterprise Contract Management Systems (CMS), Supplier Information Performance Management (SIPM), SaaS solution implementations Roving Coach International (RCI), Raleigh, NC February 2012- November 2012 Business Development Consultant
Provided business development consulting and developed strategies for growing the business. Designed marketing strategy, marketing collateral, business plans, negotiated proposals, and developed pricing for new market segment Cisco Systems, RTP NC November 2000- July 2011
Senior Acquisition Integration Program Manager
Directed Staffing acquisition program and global cross-functional team responsible for the successful end-to-end integration of acquired employees, systems, and processes for more than 20 acquisitions (global and domestic) with values ranging from $2.9 million to $6 billion. Led global team managing functional integration negotiations, HR business integration plan, employee notifications, communications, legal due diligence, organizational alignment, change management, employee onboarding, training, and day one planning reducing the impact of change on both acquired organizations and employees
• Managed 15 member cross-functional core team in reengineering the organization’s acquisition integration process, identified business process gaps and created integration playbook that resulted in the reduction of acquired organization transition time in post-merger staffing operations
• Established first holistic HR Staffing Acquisition Integration Framework/Playbook to align with the organizational acquisition integration lifecycle
PMO Program Manager
Established and managed the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) and implemented project management practices and methodologies to manage complex projects, replacing ad hoc processes with a standardized PMO system. Also directed and managed strategic alignment, integration dependencies (roadmaps), resource allocation, vendor contracts
(SOW), and budget, for portfolio review and financial management. Position Highlights
• Directed the design, implementation, and adoption of the PMO including services, standards, processes and tools; served as the critical link to all project stakeholders and application developers.
• Improved IT Service Continuity Management team effectiveness by developing program management best practices and status reporting platform that enabled the IT Service Continuity Management team to increase their capabilities by 30%
• Directed and managed the establishment of a collaborative approach for system development and defined project management best practices resulting in the rollout of the User Centered Design (UCD) & SDLC methodology for over 400 enterprise IT project managers
• Coached and trained IT PMs and new graduates thru work skills workshops and 1:1 PM mentoring sessions Sr. IT Program Manager
Implemented strategic initiatives in alignment with Cisco's vision, strategy and execution roadmap. Worked as IT consultant to business clients in transformation initiatives to improve organization system development process across the enterprise.
• Consulted and served as technical advisor/relationship manager to business executives in the analysis and assessment of organization effectiveness relative to systems/process design implementation and its impact on manager productivity
• Collaborated and formed partnerships with global team members at all organizational levels to identify risks, mitigate issues, and negotiate priorities as needed; created, executed, and revised initiative work plans; oversaw scheduling and resourcing to ensure the complete, timely and on-target delivery of production milestones in accordance with approved schedules and budgets; produced all required documentation
• Produced and delivered executive level presentations for program steering committees which measured program progress
Offshore Vendor Management Program Manager
Led IT initiative to centralize and simplify organization and technical support model through off shoring to Indian vendor companies. Navigated organizational, operational, governance and cultural challenges to develop approved managed service plan for transformation of vendor IT support services. Position Highlights
• Managed rollout of restructured support function and design of ODC organization structure and implemented operating model, governance process, and managed ODC executive communications, strategic and financial planning
• Built partnerships, developed and implemented aligned roadmaps, proposals, and SLAs in managing offshore vendors and transitioned work from more than 30 onshore consultant resources improving operational efficiency
• Developed operating model that reduced Cisco’s IT support expenditures by 20% and reengineered organizational processes to align with Cisco’s ODC (Offshore Development Center) workforce and methodology.
• Reduced outside services expenditures by $800,000 per year through the consolidation of support effort within a core team, negotiation services contract, and moving onshore support services to a single offshore vendor
• Reduced total cost of ownership, increased capacity efficiency, managed and implemented standardized release management, QA, and support processes grounded in industry best practices, including ITIL guidelines and methodology
United States Postal Service (USPS), Raleigh, NC 1987-2000 Business Process Leader - IT Manager
Managed IT budget, resources, and system development for USPS Security, Ecommerce, & HR portfolio projects. Supervised 9 technical direct reports and managed 22 matrixes IT employees and contractors in numerous software development projects for mainframe and desktop application integrations. Partnered with IT directors and business executives to develop RFPs and ensure critical USPS systems projects were adequately prioritized, resourced and funded. EDUCATION
MBA, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill September 2011 BA Psychology/Social Work, University of North Alabama May 1980 CERTIFICATIONS
Advanced Program Management (SCPM) Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA Page 4
Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Institute Computer Programming Certificate
Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP)
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Professional Development & Philanthropy
IT Service Management Forum – Central North Carolina Member 2007-2009 Project Management Institute Leadership Committee Chair 2009-2010 InStepp, Inc. Board Member 2009-2013
StepUp Ministry – Career Development Volunteer Instructor Jan 2018- Present