Anaheim Hills CA 92808
Electrical Engineer who consistently meets customer requirements within given timeframes and utilizes broad technical-base to solve problems and eliminate repeat issues. Wide-ranging expertise developing circuit designs for hardware and testing electronic equipment. Effective team player and communicator that works collaboratively with all employees to achieve measurable and significant results. Expertise includes:
• Design Engineering
• Cost Reduction
• Failure Analysis
• 3rd Party Vendor Management
• Technical Troubleshooting
• Product Development
Hardware Debugging Tools
PSPICE, Modelsim, Mentor Graphics, Hyperlinx-SI-PI, PCB Browser, Saber, LT SPICE, MathCAD, Matlab, Pcad
Microsoft Windows System 98/XP/Vista, Visio, Linux OS System, MS-DOS
PANASONIC AVIONICS CORPORATION, Lake Forest, CA 2007 – present Sr. Hardware Product Engineer (2009 - present)
Design, development, plan and sustain mechanical, electronic and electromechanical components and systems which includes layout, analysis, evaluation prototype build and testing.
• Ensured new or re-designed product met product requirement by Installing SWE code into Microcontroller using PM3 MPLAB programmer. Tested and verified embedded firmware and higher level software functionality of the product with technical documentation.
• Accurately generated and released QOP and WI processes like TDR, CON, DCR, DCN, SB, and NOC submission as per AIRBUS and BOEING standards which led to project completion in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with Executive management, Procurement, OSAKA-Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments to address field issues and improve products including resolution of telephony ECHO noise generation and LRU Boot-UP issue.
• Managed 3rd party development projects to resolve safety related issues on existing product or new product on time and under budget. To reduce RDM cost of existing product, proposed solution to 3rd party vendor for improving product reliability like re-design of Cradle cord reel- cable for eX2 system of every economy seat per Airline.
• Saved $17K by re-designing existing remote control/Handset during component obsolescence Notice from Supplier without increasing capital cost of product. Proposed solution to field which included harvesting component from field return LRU’s reducing scrap cost/lost cost by 10%. KANAN PATEL PAGE TWO
PANASONIC AVIONICS CORPORATION (continued)
Hardware Product Design Engineer (2007-2009)
Designed, developed, debugged prototype development projects. Provided daily update and technical support to OSAKA-Mechanical Engineering team, Project Manager, SWE group etc. Produced technical documentation following all departmental processes in a timely manner.
• Designed and developed IFE-LCD remote control/Handset using full speed USB interface. Validate Schematic and board layout via Mentor Graphics for Schematic Capture, PCB Browser to verify placement of component and routing signals of PCB package, Hyperlinx for SI-PI Schematic simulation. Met product specifications under an aggressive 9-month deadline on time and under budget.
• Designed, built and tested passenger Control Unit (PCU) per customer requirements. Performed and documented all the safety related tests including PRCL/ PSCL, DVP test, system level test, thermal test to increase product reliability, minimizing risk and meeting compliances issues. CHEROKEE INTERNATIONAL (now GENERAL ELECTRIC), Tustin CA 2003 - 2007 HWE Engineer (2004 – 2007)
Designed, developed and troubleshot DC-DC power supply product. Performed qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
• Designed, developed and implemented DC-DC converter (HBXXXX, QBXXXX, EBXXXX, CBQXXXX, HYPER series) by using power converter topologies like Buck-Boost Converter, Fly back-Forward Converter, half bridge, and full bridge. o Performed and clearly documented short-circuit test, current-limit test, de-rating test, thermal- test and other DVT test to ensure product met design standards. Recommended solution to problems identified during trouble-shooting.
• Used hardware debugging tools like PSPICE/LT-SPICE for generating schematic, PCAD for verifying component placement to minimize risks and reduce project delays.
• Minimized mass production delays by evaluating prototype materials for defects or any other technical issues in product development stage.
Component Engineer (2003 – 2004)
Designed, developed and integrated component database by selecting and developing electrical components for design, maintenance and verification of circuit requirements.
• Ensured all components met RoHS, PB- Free and WEEE and other environmental standards. Achieved ISO 9001, 14001 compliance certificate for waste free environment. Calculated MTBF for prototype boards to predict any elapsed time between inherent failures of system during operation.
• Reviewed Bill of Material before releasing prototype and production unit and identified any components requiring change. Achieved 10% cost savings by reviewing and recommending new or existing parts like EMI-Gasket, active and passive semiconductor components without increasing capital cost of whole product.
• Coordinated with various departments including manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, quality assurance, receiving and safety for selecting and ordering components, materials with vendors and 3rd party suppliers. Managed projects on time and under budget. EDUCATION
M.S., Electrical Engineering, California State University, Fullerton, CA B.E., Electrical Engineering, North Gujarat University, Gujarat, India United States Citizen