Full Stack Web Developer
firstname.lastname@example.org 773-***-**** Chicago, IL
Team oriented software professional with current web technology training.
Love to create beautiful user-friendly apps, improve, and debug.
Enthusiastic to learn new technologies -- attends meetups regularly.
WEB SKILLS DATABASE EFFICIENCIES
MERN Express APIs CSS3 MongoDB MySQL Agile Jira
React NodeJS JSON Ruby PostgresSQL Sqlite Github Git
Bootstrap jQuery Ajax Rails Firebase MSSQL Scrum Slack
Foundation Adobe CC PHP Responsive Oracle Sybase CVS ZenHub
HTML5 Chai Dreamweaver
EXPERIENCE GitHub https://github.com/mareann
The Difference Engine Rescue Leftover Cuisine App July 2018
Tech: Ruby, Rails, PostgresSQL, Docker, ZenHub, git
Local Contractor’s website Display projects and services, about and contact info
Role: Responsive Design, Frontend, image modifications, coding
Tech: Foundation, responsive design, JQuery, JQuery plugins
FoodSavr Food donations matched to charities in need
Role: MySQL design/usage, MVC, Sequelize, Trello
Tech: Node MySQL Express Handlebars Sequelize MVC Twitter Trello
See the project here: https://evening-cliffs-13570.herokuapp.com/
Visit our Twitter page @Food_Savr https://twitter.com/Food_Savr
Traffic Cameras App Chicago Display speed and red-light camera along route
Role: Traffic API; Firebase design / input code; Trello
Tech: Firebase Google api Traffic api Bootstrap Js Trello
Mobile Blood Drive Volunteer at Lifesource Nonprofit, Rosemont, IL 2014-current
Uber Eats Driver current
Cashier at Pete’s Fresh Market, Ace Hardware 2014-2016
Senior Software Engineer SPX Genfare, Elk Grove Village, IL
Embedded SQL, C, On/Off site Customer Support, Database, Analysis, Docs 1989-2013
Interdepartmental collaboration for customer support and documentation.
Won SPX Genfare company appreciation award for successful launch of new credit cards feature for ticket vending machine for large transit agencies.
- Generate database models (Sybase Powerdesigner tool, MS SQL)
- Created / maintained database dictionary
- Rebuilt / created / purged customer databases
- Generated queries for various Category Reports (summary and details)
- Conducted analysis queries (example credit vs cash usage)
- Excel spreadsheet / graph analysis
- Reverse engineered competitor software code, to determine pass encoding format
- Repaired database anomalies on remote customer systems.
- Corrected data issues in database and in loader application for new credit feature.
- Analyzed equipment logs for new credit issues.
- Reduced setup time of factory software by 90% for newest vending products. Provided automated scripts to allow faster shipping turnaround.
- Reduced debug time by implemented scripts to debug credit issues logs.
- Developed / maintained system software inserting (loader) data into database from binary files via embedded SQL.
- Generated pass encoding files improving productivity by over 500%. Software created pass binary code for vendors to encode. Originally method was manual file creation.
- Provided tools using C programming, creating reports from binary encoded file.
- Developed / maintained microprocessor code for transit equipment including Magnetic Ticket Transfer Machine, Cash Accepting Machine and Gate Turnstile.
- Contributed / collaborated with publishing department to create accurate detailed technical product manuals (MS Office Word) to assist customers and meet contractual needs.
- Minimized setup time of customer fare structures by providing checklists / documented screen models which improved communication / productivity.
- Created weekly document support procedures, available in source control.
- Mentored college intern and new hires demonstrating procedures and equipment.
- Led successful multiphase testing for E-commerce project allowing on time release of live system. System allowed recharge of smartcards on web interface online or through transit equipment. Data was stored in MS SQL Server.
- Assigned tasks using JIRA / Agile and organized daily scrum to team of four.
- Contributed to manual testing via second work shift and weekend to meet deadlines.
- Managed release of reporting software package (front / back end, Sybase)
- Assign tasks / priority to reporting group, determined product release date
- Set high quality standards of reports by improved testing including regression test.
- Improved company profits by eliminating months of up to $20,000 penalty fines per day. Resolved Central backlogged issues, satisfying customer. Delegated tasks to group of five to complete project.
- Excellent external / internal customer feedback history.
- Provided timely internal factory support to ensure on schedule shipping.
- Resolved remote / onsite customer software issues for latest product lines.
- Reduced support time of large agency ticket vending machines by 90%.
- Executed automatic expect UNIX call script for 100 pieces equipment scanning log files.
- Created time-saving automatic install script for equipment (Ubuntu) fare structure for installs and factory use.
- System administrator of customer central (HPUX) computer for two years.
Northwestern Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp 2018
Harper College Interactive Web Development Certificate 2015
University of Illinois at Chicago B.S. Electrical Engineering Computer Science