Address: San Mateo, CA Cell: 469-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking for a full-time job of entry-level software engineer. EDUCATION
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX GPA: 3.77 Aug 2016 - May 2018 MS in Computer Science
Harbin Engineering University, Harbin, China GPA: 86/100 Aug 2009 - Jun 2013 BS in Electronic Information Science and Technology Coursework: Fundamentals of Computer Science, Operating System, File Organization and Database Management, Algorithm Engineering, Data Structure, Computer Architecture, User Interface Design, Software Metrics & Quality Engineering WORK EXPERIENCE
Teaching Assistant for User Interface Design, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX Jan 2018 - May 2018
• Graded and Answered the questions in students’ homework and projects. Software Engineer Internship, State Grid Corporation, Dalian, Liaoning, China Jun 2017 - Aug 2017
• Developed an employee management system for administrative staff to update the information of each employee.
• Used MySQL to create a database to record the information for each employee in the company.
• Used Java Swing to create the user interface for the system. PROJECTS
Ticket+: Java Web Service Development – Event Search and Recommendation
• Created Java servlets with RESTful APIs to handle HTTP requests and responses.
• Built relational databases (MySQL)to capture event data from Ticketmaster API.
• Designed algorithms (e.g., content-based recommendation) to implement event recommendation.
• Deployed server to Amazon EC2 to handle 100 queries per second tested by Apache JMeter. NBA Player Strength Visualization
• Created a dashboard to visualize individual player’s shot data, including a shot chart and 4 line/bar charts.
• Implemented linked highlighting among all charts using raised common React state among charts.
• Created a field goal percentage filter to provide more detailed visualization areas with made shots.
• Developed a match filter to more specifically visualize stats for home, away, won and lost matches. Event Reporter: An Android App based on Location-based service
• Developed an Android App for users to post events and search nearby events based on keyword tags.
• Integrated Google Map API to display the nearby popular events and navigate to the event.
• Used Google Firebase to store and manage UGC including comments, images, descriptions, title, geolocations
• Utilized in-app advertising (Google AdMob) to display Google advertisers and keep users engaged. Around: A social network based on Geo-index
• Built a scalable web service in Go to handle posts and deployed to Google Cloud (GAE flex) for better scaling.
• Utilized ElasticSearch (GCE) to provide geo-location based search functions such that users can search nearby posts within a distance (e.g. 200km).
• Used Google Dataflow to implement a daily dump of posts to BigQuery table for offline analysis.
• Aggregated the data at the post level and user level to improve the keyword based spam detection (BigQuery). SKILLS