James A. Olson
Phone number: 757-***-****(cell)
Experience title: SR. BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Skilled professional with successful experiences in multiple positions that will provide high value in IT environments to enable the support and proper enhancement of tools and/or processes for improvement of the organization’s objectives and responsibilities.
Skill Focus Areas:
• Requirements Management
• Stakeholder Alignment
• Leadership Planning Support
• Business/IT Migration
• Process Improvement
• New Technology Research
• Verification Testing
• Data Exchange Standardization
• Agile Development Methodologies
Deloitte Federal Consulting, Capability Management Analyst, August 2017 - November 2017
- Requirements Management Analyst for Joint Staff J6 Command, Control, Communications/Cyber Directorate, Combat Capability Division (DDC5I CCD). Develop, update and test requirements to match all stakeholders’ needs and validate that the products will support mission requirements.
- Served as a direct intermediary contact with users, tool developers, and high-level leadership in an agile-related environment to ensure user stakeholder requirements are supported effectively with the proper tools and information exchange resources.
SAIC Corp., Systems Engineer, November 2015 - January 2017
- Enterprise Architect for Joint Staff J6 Command, Control, Communications, and Computers / Cyber Directorate, Architecture Integration Division (DDC5I AID). Develop technical, operational, and other relevant architectures in support of command and control, system-of-systems performance analysis across DOD, DHS, related federal government agencies and coalition nation boundaries.
- Support development of Joint Mission Threads (JMT) with stakeholders at all levels in accordance with all relevant supporting documentation and maintained information in the Document Repository.
CACI International, Inc., Systems Analyst, July 2014 - November 2015
- Lead Technical Analyst for the Submarine Acquisition System (SAS) and Navy Equipment Distribution System (NEDS), under the U. S. Navy Maintenance Figure of Merit (MFOM) System.
- Managed system and software requirements and performed systems integration testing for multiple systems.
Amerigroup Corp., Business Systems Analyst, August 2013 - July 2014
- Technical Analyst for Medicaid Business Unit eBusiness Group. Performed detailed requirements gathering and analysis, system application testing, identification of risks and improvements, and SQL report generation.
• Liaison with Technology Integration Services, State Implementation and Provider Data Quality Departments for identification of requirements and integration of application functionality into external user-facing web sites.
CACI International, Inc., Systems/Software Engineer, August 2012 - August 2013
- Enterprise Integration Analyst for Air Force Surgeon General Informatics Portal. Responsible for enterprise-level oversight and technical support of separate applications integrated into new enterprise framework.
- Evaluate new applications, perform requirements management and analysis. Monitor and guide application development from initiation through deployment.
Unisys Corp., Solutions Architect/Analyst, January 1989 - May 2012
- Architect and Data Analyst for Joint Staff Data Strategy Division. Analyzed and managed requirements for implementation of pilot programs and application modernization in accordance with the DoD Net-Centric Data Strategy and applicable federal government guidance documentation.
- Division representative working as liaison with Interagency Mission Thread, Architecture Federation, and Joint Transition Architecture work efforts.
- Team Lead for integration of a public web interface to the Los Angeles Revenue Management system.
- Team Lead for development and implementation of web interface and Health Care data processing of Medicaid EDI data exchanges.
- As a Systems Analyst, defined Operational Concept/Use Case models for NASA. Conducted meetings with stakeholders at all levels of the design process to refine requirements and design issues.
- Local representative to the Corporate Knowledge and Information Sharing Committee, Technical User Group Leader, and Regional SharePoint Portal Site Administrator.
- M.S., Computer Information Systems, University of Phoenix
- B.S., Business Logistics (Logistics Systems Analysis), Pennsylvania State University
- A.A.S., Computer Information Systems, Tidewater Community College
- ITILv3 Foundation
- COMPTIA Security+ ce (to be renewed after September, 2018 related to the update of the certification by COMPTIA)
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW)
- DOD Security Clearance – Secret (under current renewal status)