Ober G atlinburg Ski Area and Amusement Park, 1 001 Parkway Suite 2, Gatlinburg TN Group Sales Manager
June 2017- Present
● Supervision of group sales department
● Procuring new business for the year around attraction.
● Sales calls, responding to leads provided by local CBV’ s and Chambers of Commerce.
● Working directly with local and state level hospitality associations, networking with other attractions and lodging partners.
● Public relations, media planning, site tours.
● Attending national ABA conferences, trade shows and youth conferences.
● Revenue projections and goal setting for group sales department.
● Database management.
● Special event planning and marketing.
Smoky Mountain Outdoors, WhiteWater Rafting Company. 355 Hartford Rd, Hartford TN Group Sales Manager
June 2013-2017 (seasonal)
● General management of satellite reservations office
● Responding to email and phone inquiries, price quoting and bookings.
● Database management, revenue forecasting. Working directly with marketing department.
● Working directly with travel and destination planners, and local area chamber of commerce hospitality divisions.
The Oliver Hotel, 407 Union Ave, Knoxville, TN 37902 Overnight Manager/Assistant General Manager/ Interim General Manager Aug 2010-Aug 2011
● Overall general management of the hotel, customer service, supervision of all employees.
● Payroll, marketing, maintaining monthly budgets, hiring and training of all employees.
● Yield management, rate construction, rate analysis, public relations, average daily rate analysis,revenue forecasting.Promoting and selling the property, directly supervised sales manager.
The Paramount Hotel Ian Schrager Properties, 235 West 46t h St, New York, New York 10036
July 2002-April 2003
● Phone agent, rate quotes,up selling the property, group blocks, corporate bookings
● Maintained corporate sales database.
● Worked closely with GDS, and IDS booking engines, travel agents. Hudson Hotel. I an Schrager Properties, 356 West 58t h St, New York, New York 10019
July 2000-Sept 2001
● Phone agent, rate quotes, up-selling the property, group blocks, corporate bookings, mid-shift supervisor.
● Created and maintained corporate sales database, working directly with corporate sales manager.
● Worked closely and supervised GDS and IDS booking engines to insure accuracy with bookings. Worked directly with MOD and rooms control department. Telesession Corporation 46 East 42n d
St, New York, New York 10019
Call Center Supervisor
February 1998-June 2001
● Supervision of all employees in the call center. The company coordinated teleconferences with physicians regarding new drugs on the market, and educational (textbook) materials to school systems across the nation.
● Employee time analysis, employee recruitment and training, job and performance coaching
● Project management, specialist in project briefings, quantitative analysis, follow up customer service satisfaction coordinator.
Bachelors of Arts, Psychology. Tennessee Wesleyan University, Athens TN 1985 Computer Knowledge; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Lodging touch, RoomMaster Board Member for Gatlinburg Hospitality Association, Smoky Mountain Wedding Association. Reference provided upon request.