Mellissa Gamez Account/Program/Product Management &
Revenue Generation Leader
firstname.lastname@example.org • linkedin.com/in/mellissa-gamez-mba-6a38287/ 408-***-**** • Campbell, CA 95008 Goal-oriented leader with expertise in business development, account management, and driving product development and launch. Adept at consulting with client executives to identify needs. Develop custom solutions and build consensus for proposals among senior client managers. Lead and develop teams of high-performing professionals, collaborate cross functionally with corporate support teams, and negotiate contracts with clients and supply and service vendors. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and ad hoc assignments simultaneously and to proactively identify emerging priorities. Successful as individual contributor and in leading programs and teams. Areas of Expertise include:
Account Management Product Development / Launch Program Management
Strategic Planning / Execution
Relationship Management Team Leadership / Mentoring Client Satisfaction Professional Experience
FLEXTRONICS INTERNATIONAL, LTD. • San Jose, CA • 2014 to 2018 Sketch-to-scale solutions company designing and building intelligent products. SENIOR GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Direct product development from engineering design builds to mass production for $300M+ emerging-market portfolio. Consult with major client executives to negotiate and secure contracts and build consensus among senior-level client managers. Collaborate cross functionally with pre- and post-sales teams to ensure development and delivery of customized, optimal customer solutions by managing tactical plans to bring customer products from evaluation, validation, testing (EVT) stage through production while adhering to customer road map and manufacturing requirements. Build strategic partnerships with specialty vendors.
• Won business contract with potential revenues of more than $60M.
• Collaborated in reversal of line of business from 10/90 split to 90/10 split for 25% increase in corporate revenues.
• Drove six-month delivery of business product from proof of concept to mass production.
• Negotiate 3% to 8% increases in Operating Profit (OP) with proposal of multiple value-add options from test development to packaging.
JABIL, INC. • San Jose, CA • 2009 to 2014
Global electronics manufacturing company delivering design, production, and product management services. ACCOUNTS MANAGER (2012 TO 2014)
Led team through implementation of continuous improvement strategies in manufacturing, quality and test engineering; purchasing; and planning. Evaluated performance against forecasts based on NAT, NCOI, revenue, and customer satisfaction. Enabled optimal operational efficiency with utilization of refined processes and tooling by ensuring adherence to engineering, test creation and setup, and mechanical best-process definitions. Created Request for Proposals (RFPs) and quotes from board product approval to box build and managed mechanical assembly processes. Led New Product Introduction (NPI) management processes for design manufacturing for Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) and mechanicals. Partnered with manufacturers and distributors and with specialty vendors for specific materials and services.
• Held profit and loss responsibility for $6M line of business with multiple emerging customers and Increased operating profit from 8% to 12%.
• Drove launch of product from receipt of business award to mass production within three months to generate $500K in first quarter revenues.
Page Two of Two
GLOBAL PURCHASING MANAGER (2011 TO 2012)
Introduced utilization of SAP, Agile, Arena, Kinaxis, and other tools through training of three regional site teams in Americas, Asia, and European Union to develop optimal work performance levels. Collaborated in business development initiatives, evaluated supplier performance, and resolved escalated global and site material issues. Key Accomplishments:
• Led transfer of business account with 140 SKUs from United States to China.
• Cut materials cost by 10% with transfer of supply chain from Americas to Asia. SENIOR STRATEGIC GLOBAL BUYER (2010 TO 2011)
Executed supply chain strategies, optimized Material Price Variance (MPV) with best value-add sourcing choices, and managed activities of global team of five site buyers. Created training tools and mentored buyers to enhance sourcing and purchasing skills. Partnered with Material Quotation Analysts (MQAs) to issue Request for Quotations (RFQs). Performed supplier audits, visits, performance reviews, and certifications. Key Accomplishments:
• Introduced new vendors through localization of sourcing and shared two percent cost saving with client.
• Managed three clients with combined annual materials spend of $4.2M. NPI BUYER (2009 TO 2010)
Reviewed, assessed, and executed Materials Requirement Plan for Operations-Life Sciences (Instrumentation) business unit. Identified and avoided conceivable supply issues. Optimized order management by creating and managing strong vendor relations with suppliers. Collaborated cross-functionally to develop pricing strategies by defining best practices. Key Accomplishments:
• Established clear understanding of ownership between customer and supplier to eliminate corporate materials liabilities. Mitigated risk to on-hand inventory by transferring 20% raw materials ownership to customer.
• Executed as many as 50 NPI builds per month.
KYCON, INC. • San Jose, CA • 2008 to 2009
Manufacturer of cost-effective interconnection solutions with optimal quality and delivery service. PURCHASING SPECIALIST
Coordinated domestic material purchases and managed shipments and invoicing for Asian customers. Verified and confirmed customer orders, tracked any changes in merchandise or shipping details, and interfaced with accounting team to ensure invoicing accuracy. Collaborated in internal audits to identify and implement corrective actions for enhanced product quality.
NAVISITE, INC. • San Jose, CA • 2007 to 2008
Create enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications, and services. RESOURCE ANALYST
Conducted numerous administrative and operational duties including processing expense reports, creating flowcharts and organizational diagrams, new-hire onboarding, coordinating travel arrangements and accommodations, and planning sales events. Utilized Compuware Change Point system to track consultants and assign projects. Established new vendor staffing contracts.
Education & Training
Master of Business Administration
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY MONTEREY BAY Seaside, CA 2014 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY San Jose, CA