INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS (IAPP) CERTIFIED INFORMATION PRIVACY PROFESSIONAL / US (CIPP/US), April 2016 EXPERIENCE
NEWS CORP, NEW YORK, NY
Privacy & Compliance Counsel July 2017 – July 2018 Attorney, Legal and Compliance January 2014 – June 2017
• Led Compliance and Data Privacy risk assessments at various News Corp subsidiaries, obtaining valuable insight into business operations and determining how to best implement appropriate policies and procedures.
• Supported Senior Counsel and collaborated with outside counsel to develop GDPR-compliant privacy programs for foreign business units.
• Drafted Privacy and Compliance documents, including privacy notices, data maps and implementation memoranda.
• Managed Global Compliance training program, including development of the communication and distribution plan for 30,000 employees.
• Created bi-weekly newsletter summarizing and analyzing Legal, Compliance and Privacy developments
• Participated in quarterly Compliance Steering Committee meeting, led by News Corp’s General Counsel and other senior executives. Responsible for presenting relevant subject-matter updates to the Committee.
• Developed corporate governance documentation, including drafting minutes for the quarterly Compliance Steering Committee meeting and working on presentations for the Board and Audit committees. EMI MUSIC, New York, NY August 2012 – May 2013
Legal Affairs Intern January 2012 – April 2012
• Researched relevant case law and interpreted legal agreements on Copyright and Intellectual Property.
• Drafted a variety of legal documents, including Cease and Desist letters and mediation memoranda. LYNN, GARTNER, DUNNE & COVELLO, LLP, Mineola, NY
Legal Intern March 2013 – April 2013
• Drafted civil and criminal litigation memoranda pertaining to court proceedings.
• Performed legal research on a variety of subjects, including the NY CPLR and NY zoning laws. BBC WORLDWIDE AMERICAS, New York, NY
Legal Affairs Intern May 2012 – August 2012
• Partnered with General Counsel to prepare documents on BBCWW’s company-wide reorganization.
• Conducted legal review of contracts, NDA’s and other third-party legal agreements. SUPREME COURT, STATE OF NEW YORK APPELLATE DIVISION SECOND DEPARTMENT, Brooklyn, NY Judicial Intern – Honorable Joseph Covello May 2011 – August 2011
• Conducted legal research and utilized LexisNexis and Westlaw for various motions and court proceedings.
• Briefed Judge Covello on upcoming appeals and compiled written reports for the Law Clerk. EDUCATION
NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL, New York, NY
Juris Doctor, June 2013
Honors: Alumni Scholar (merit-based); Dean’s List
Activities: Sports Law Society, Vice President (May 2012 – May 2013) INDIANA UNIVERSITY, Bloomington, IN
Bachelor of Science, With Distinction, May 2010
Honors: Dean’s List (All semesters); Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society (merit-based) Major: Sport Marketing and Management
Minor(s): Business; and Marketing (Kelley School of Business) BAR ADMISSION
NEW YORK STATE, January 2014