Controller with extensive experience managing the accounting department and the HR department. Supervised and managed six people staff within the two departments. Controlled, directed and improved the internal financial system. Negotiated prices for Health, Workers Compensation and Liability Insurances. Produced monthly, quarterly, annually financial reporting, job costing and cash management to the CEO and CFO. Compiled all reporting for the end of the year external audit (counties, cities and multiple states) and income taxes. Reduced yearly expenses by 20% improving inventory and insurance vendor contracts.
Implemented a Business Process Management (BPM) by changing the accounting and service/install software to create less paper’s circulation throughout the departments. Calculated and filed sales and local taxes for PA, NY, NJ, MD and DE. Prepared semi-annually, yearly budget and forecasted sales, expenses and ratios for each department in the company. Started as bookkeeper and escalated into the controller position for the company and its satellite offices within two years.
The Accounting Office, Inc. September 2017-Present
- Responsible to keep the financial statements for multiple company: Construction, Service, retails, whole sale and nonprofit companies.
- Run payroll for multiple type of business. Calculated hours reported on time cards.
- Created specific cash flows for diverse industry types.
- Reconciled bank statements, credit cards and different type of loan/mortgage accounts
- Set up new QuickBooks companies
- Analyzed and recorded adjusting entries made by CPAs after Income Taxes
- Registered companies in different States for unemployment, Income Tax and Withholding Tax IDs
Sila, Inc., King of Prussia, PA 1999-2010
- Collaborated with the CFO and CEO in the calculation for the salesmen commission and bonuses.
- Improved the inventory usage by changing the PO’s system reducing the unused material by 25%
- Improved a detailed job costing report to calculate a more precise profit percentage.
- Supervised and completed the month, quarter and year-end financial statements.
- Consolidated the five company statements in one internal financial report for the CEO and CFO.
- Prepared the year end income taxes for the CPA.
- Forecasted the annual budget and income/sales forecasts for each year.
- Calculated all salesmen commissions and bonuses.
- Collaborated with all office managers and salesmen throughout the main company and the satellite businesses providing detail information on each department monthly profits.
- Supervised the AR, AP and payroll departments.
- Coordinated the external audits based on government reporting requirements.
- Created forecasting and budgeting reports for each department and each company.
- Developed and implemented a new record keeping of the inventory and expenses and reduced cost by 20% for the year.
- Implemented new accounting and service software (S2000 and QuickBooks).
- Supervised and managed 6 people staff within the accounting/HR department.
- Managed and supervised the accounting and HR for the corporate office (PA) and four satellite offices in different states (MD, NY, MA, NJ).
- Calculated the sales, local taxes and kept licenses up to date for all the states.
- Managed and calculated the depreciation for all the company assets.
- Kept the entire accounting for the internal aviation company (Rothacker Aviation).
- Created chart of accounts and kept the general ledger for the company.
- Supervised and completed all steps for hiring new employees and choosing the insurances for the company (health, workers compensation and liability insurance).
Unique Indoor Comfort, Inc., Conshohocken, PA June 2015-July 2015
- Administered the AP and AR for the company supporting the sales and the production department.
- Controlled the business relationship with internal and external departments, like vendors, customers and managements.
- Calculated the job costing to determine the profit and commissions for the month.
- Improved and developed a new POs system for the company to manage the inventory.
- Finalized the monthly financial statements creating reports to the internal management.
- Calculated and submitted the weekly payroll for the company.
- Reconciled monthly the payroll, the operational and savings bank account for the company.
Marsh Creek Sixth Grade Center Home School Association, Marsh Creek Sixth Grade Center Downingtown, PA July 2016 – June 2017
- Created Budget for the nonprofit organization.
- Proposed and implemented a better record keeping for the cash flow during the year.
- Reconciled monthly the organization’s bank account. Collected money from the committee chairs for each event run at the school.
- Distributed petty cash, cash registers to the committee during the events
- Obtained licenses run fundraisers inside the school building.
- Calculated the expenses and income to be able to determine how to disburse the surplus cash to the school.
- Volunteered during school events.
Parent Teacher Organization, Beaver Creek Elementary School Downingtown, PA Treasurer/Volunteer July 2012 – July 2014 Created Budget, reconciled the bank accounts, collected cash from the committees after events and disbursed the excess cash to the school to purchase supplies or tools to help the children during their day at school. Volunteered during school events
Immaculata College, Immaculata, PA
B.A., International Business and Foreign Language, Minor, Finance
Word Processing and Spreadsheets: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Computer Software: QuickBooks, Acrobat, S2000, Great Plains
Languages: Fluent in Italian (Spoken and Written), French and Spanish