Ashburn, VA-***** k email@example.com
Medical Coder, Clinical Research Associate / Drug safety specialist in Pharmacovigilance with 7 years of working experience.
● Worked as S enior Medical Coding Auditor at United Health Group July 2017- May2018 – 7months
● Worked as Remote Coder Review Consultant at Inovalon From 2016-March 2017 – 1 year
● Clinical Research Associate - 2 years
● Researcher – 1year
● Clinical monitoring – Research Assistant – 1 year
● Microbiology lab technician – 1 year
Education – Master of Science in Microbiology
Certified in CPC Medical Coding and Billing from AAPC
Senior Medical Coding Auditor, Optum/United Health Group, TN, USA (7/2017-5/2018)
● Assign diagnosis codes for each patient encounter, confirming to ICD-10-CM guidelines using H CC Coder tool.
● Carefully reviewed medical records for accuracy and completion as required by company.
● Examined diagnosis codes for accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness according to service rendered.
● Demostrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and security Regulations by appropriately handling patient information.
Remote coder Review Consultant, Inovalon, MD, USA (2016-2017)
● AAPC Certified coder with extensive knowledge of medical terminology across a broad range of medical practice area.
● Demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and security Regulation by appropriately handling patient information.
● Analyze and interpret patients medical records for ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes.
● Excellent data entry skills for accurate coding of medical information.
● Good Multi-tasking abilities.
● Remotely conducted HCC, HIX, CRG Chart reviews for the purpose of identifying, confirming and documenting appropriate medical coding.
● Knowledge of assigning additional diagnosis codes based on specific clinical findings
(Radiology, pathology reports as well as clinical trials).
Involved in volunteering work at World Bank, Washington, D.C as Communication officer and Coordinator ( 2013 – 2016 )
Clinical Research Associate, G lobal Pharmacovigilance & Epidemiology (GPV&E), Accenture, Chennai, India (2008-2011)
● Reviewed, analyzed and entered the information from source document (spontaneous, literature or clinical trial) regarding serious/non serious adverse event into the safety database (CARES) in accordance to SOPs, convention, reference.
● Ensured scientific rigor through accurate, complete and consistent data entry of Adverse Event
(AE) reports from source documents.
● Possessed b road experience in case processing and quality assurance, worked with major clients like Bristol-Myers Squibb.
● Tracked regulatory updates concerned about product safety and efficacy, MEDRA coding Council for International Organizations of Medical Science (CIOMS) reporting, Individual Case Safety Report (ICSR), SUSAR Reporting, Data entry on adverse event, actively involved in the creation and implementation of strategies to improve operations, Knowledge of literature cases.
● Worked with onshore safety review departments to ensure the reports are accurately collected, evaluated and entered in database. Performed quality assurance on the case processed by case processing team and updated the relevant case information based on findings.
● Worked with Medical directs/Safety physicians as needed with medical monitoring activities such. Excellent knowledge in medical terminology and Proficient in the use of MedDRA, and searching/evaluating cases in database.
● Trained fellow and fresher Residents in the Department of Pharmacology in various Research aspects and to present seminars, and participate in critical appraisal of various published scientific papers.
● Responsible for performing daily activities in accordance to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Conventions and client policies and also Responsible for processing Clinical trial cases( Phase I-III & post marketing surveillance (Phase IV), Spontaneous cases, literature cases, pregnancy cases.
● Proven analytical & problem solving skills and ability to design and managed end-to-end case processing and Planned, organized to manage the daily work to meet service level timelines and deliverables.
● Team player with excellent ability to work and co-ordinate effectively within and across different teams and business. Client focused and ability to maintain excellent client relationship.
● Self motivated self-starter and quick learner with ability to build and motivate teams.
Researcher, Center for Human Genetics, Bangalore, India (2007-2008). Worked on projects “Comparative genomics between mealy bug and Drosophila” and “Human Epigenome Variation”.
● Restriction digestion
● PCR, RT-PCR
● RNA isolation
● Plasmid preparation
● Transformation, Protein isolation by Bradford’s method
● Gel purification and PCR purification Cloning
● Competent cell preparation
● Metaphase Chromosome preparation
● Gamma irradiation of Mealy bugs.
Microbiologist, Industrial Food company, Erode, India (2005-2006)
● Established Microbiology lab for checking Microbiological count in dairy products.
● Methylene blue reduction test and Resazurin reduction test in milk.
● Identifying pathogenic organism in dairy product and Preparation of starter culture.
● Testing of dairy products by standard plate count method. AWARDS
● Awarded twice with "Numero Uno" (Best Performance) award at Accenture Services Pvt Ltd.
● Awarded with Summit award for Quality Assurance
● Master of Science2003 - 2005
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), India
● Bachelor of Science2000 - 2003
Auxillum College, India
Legally authorized to work in the United States of America. No sponsorship required