Email: email@example.com https://portfolium.com/hoshedar www.linkedin.com/in/hoshedardeboo
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA
Master of Science in Engineering in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics May 2018
Specialization in Engineering Design and Project Management (Cumulative GPA 3.68/4)
Relevant Coursework: Design for Manufacturing, Operations Management, Engineering Entrepreneurship, Engineering Negotiation
University of Pune Pune, India
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering June 2016
Cumulative GPA: 3.7/4.00
Relevant Coursework: Manufacturing Processes, Lean Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Quality Management
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Skills- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Minitab, 5S, SPC, Kaizen, DOE, Continuous Improvement, ISO Standards, FMEA,
Solidworks, Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Project Management, Product Development
Certifications- Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Graduate Certificate in Engineering Entrepreneurship (UPenn)
VeriSpring Airfins Pune, India
Engineering Design and Project Management (Summer Internship) June 2017-Aug 2017
•Piloted the thermal and mechanical design of Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers using multiple trial and error iterations on HTRI software that significantly helped optimize its dimensions by 15%.
•Prepared project drawings, Bill of Material, and final assembly of Air Cooled Heat Exchangers in accordance with ASME Section VIII and API codes using Solidworks.
•Participated in prototype testing and collected and analyzed Voice of Customer feedback to fix product safety and quality problems.
•Supported NDT radiography tests per ISO 9001 standard specifications to ensure zero defects in welded tubes, improving quality by 25%.
ALBAJ Engineering Corporation (ISO 9001: 2015 U Stamp Company) Pune, India
Manufacturing Engineer (Co-op) May 2015-May 2016
•Leveraged Kaizen, and DMAIC methodology of Six Sigma to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing system, improve productivity, and operational efficiency by 30%, & improve product quality and safety by 20%.
•Used Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques to eliminate production waste, thus saving the company $1400/month.
•Conducted FMEA, and Root Cause Analysis to identify defects, root cause of issues, and helped troubleshoot manufacturing issues, thereby improving process reliability and safety.
•Engaged with design team to develop and maintain quality standards, SOPs, APQPs and ECNs to meet customer requirement changes.
•Evaluated products according to customer specifications, and ISO 9001:2015 quality standards to minimize product defects.
•Used Minitab v. 17 to generate control plans, PFMEAs, and perform SPC, DOE and process capability analysis to determine quality process improvement parameters, and resolve product nonconformance, improving manufacturing quality.
•Conducted statistical analysis to collect and analyze data, interpret trends, and initiate improvement solutions to improve quality by 20%.
•Used PLM software to manage production schedules, estimate labor and material costs, and forecast future budgeting expenditure.
•Regularly engaged with cross-functional teams and vendors to coordinate New Product Introduction, purchasing of new equipment, and implementation of new manufacturing processes focused on Continuous Improvement, quality, delivery, cost, and safety.
Business plan generation for a high-tech venture Aug 2017- Dec 2017
• Conducted industry analysis, and benchmarking of competitor products to better understand customer needs and to gain insights on product positioning and factors affecting product performance at customer.
• Collaborated with team of 3 to formulate cost- effective marketing and operational plan that improved distribution system, leading to a higher overall revenue of $400,000.
Engineering redesign and lifecycle assessment of toaster Jan 2017-May 2017
• Initiated market research, identification of customer needs and revenue streams, creation of Bill of Materials and product architecture.
• Performed QFD, DFA, DFM, and benchmarking analysis, evaluation of key metrics, cost estimation, life cycle analysis, and redesign of components, to help reduce overall costs by $254,400 annually.
Retrofit Design for a Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) System Sep 2016 – Dec 2016
• Optimized design retrofit for LNG system to utilize “waste cold energy” obtained during regasification of LNG to reduce sink temperature and thereby increase Carnot efficiency by 20% and cut costs by 40%.