Bucharest, Romania • 004********** • linkedin.com/in/iulia-tonegaru-b914a242/ • firstname.lastname@example.org QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Highly creative and multi-talented Fashion Designer with 13+ years’ experience and the skills to serve effectively in buyer and product development roles. Expertise includes the proven ability to create patterns from images and samples. Deeply familiar with apparel materials; identify and source appropriate material and component options at a range of price points. Extensive international business travel in Asia, with strong knowledge of supplier pool in Bangladesh, China, and Pakistan. Perform efficiently in fast-paced, dynamic environments. Fluent in English and Romanian; conversant in Spanish, Italian, and French. Available to travel and relocate. Areas of expertise include:
• Production Planning & Management • International Business Experience • Sourcing & Buying
• Client Relationship Management
• Budget Management
• Material Library Management
• Marketing & Promotions
• Project Management
• Market & Competitive Research
• Vendor Negotiations
• Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PPT-Preturi Pentru Tine (Prices for You), Bucharest, Romania Product Developer (2018 – Present)
Create personalized size charts and designs for women, men, children, infant, and XXL garments. Communicate with all suppliers to supervise development processes and provide feedback on each garment. Deliver training to buyer teams on fashion trends and correct pricing on fabrics, print techniques, and stitching for negotiations prior to each business trip to Asia. Maintain strong relationships with teams across all departments.
• Only Product Developer responsible for measuring all garments from three different companies, and producing proper statistics and calculations, for the only company in Romania offering this service.
• Travel extensively to visit numerous factories across Asia. Noriel, Bucharest, Romania (2016 – 2018)
Selon, Bucharest, Romania (2011 – 2018)
Served as children’s clothing designer, overseeing the creation of designs in alignment with market trends and customer interests. Created patterns and technical drawings, and collaborated with creative director and cross-functional teams to conceptualize and produce designs and collections aligned with emerging fashion trends. Selected themes, styles, colors, fabrics, and embellishments for garments and accessories. Sourced materials and negotiate with suppliers. Tracked factory production. Communicated with sales, buying, and production teams to set price points and support sales/marketing initiatives.
• Served as Project Manager for Mini Moon Project in Guangzhou, China; delivered training for Chinese fashion designers in use of programs needed to produce design catalogs for Middle Eastern clients, and provided feedback for teams in several factories.
• Completed extensive international travel to source materials, build relationships with manufacturers, negotiate with suppliers, review status of production, and attend trade shows.
• Organized spring/summer catalogs for high-value clients from Dubai, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.
• Undertook research and produce sketches and first samples to support production goals and meet quality standards. IULIA TONEGARU
Gabriela Dumitran Millinery Altelier, Bucharest, Romania Hatter (2014 – 2015)
Utilized exceptional creative, sketching, and hand-stitching talents to create hats and accessories for international collections.
• Created custom hand-made head accessories for collections for Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, and Milan markets. Beau Monde, Bucharest, Romania
Stylist Assistant (2010-2012)
For this major fashion magazine, researched and selected clothing and accessories for editorial features, ads, concerts, music videos, films, and TV shows. Collaborated with designers, tailors, models, photographers, and hair and makeup artists. Interfaced with celebrities, publicists, and members of the media to support celebrity image. Attended fashion shows, and assessed fashion trends and designer collections. Grew networks of industry professionals. Communicated with senior stylist to plan workflow and resolve issues.
• Sources clothing, products, and accessories from around the globe for use in varied shoots. Carturesti, Bucharest, Romania
Public Relations Assistant (2011 – 2012)
Efficiently maintained varied PR, marketing, and sales processes including planning and executing campaigns and events. Conducted research and participated in planning sessions. Maintained calendars and media lists. Developed PR content including press releases and newsletters. Managed communications with media professionals, vendors, and internal/external stakeholders. Doina Levintza, Bucharest, Romania
Fashion Designer Assistant (2010 – 2011)
For this leading Romanian fashion and costume designer, participated in designing and producing costumes for numerous productions. Researched styles, fabrics, patterns, and designs in accordance with production specifications. Sourced materials and ready-made products. Completed design sketches and costume drafts/layouts during pre-production. Conceptualized design ideas for wigs, props, make-up, and graphics. Collaborated with costume designers, producers, directors, tailors, and production team to ensure cohesive concept and meet production requirements. Created and managed design budgets and property lists. Scouted potential studios and locations. Provided instruction for contractors, scenic artists, and specialists.
• Sourced, hired, and managed art department teams that met evolving requirements for productions of varying sizes and budgets.
i-Dea grup/KSH AUT!, Bucharest, Romania
Public Relations, Area Management, Creation of Garments (2008 – 2010) Responsible for coordinating a range of daily operations to support promotional efforts. Communicated with designers to learn about design concepts and secure clothing for display and sale in concept store. Planned and executed promotional events, and interfaced with customers to present collections. Delivered trends presentations. Mizar, Bacau, Romania (2005 – 2008)
Pretty Girl, Bucharest, Romania (2006 – 2007)
Designed fashion collections and croquis for product lines spring-summer and autumn-winter seasons for varied demographics and target markets for two companies. Prepared daily trends documentation.
• Created fashion collections for adult and teen markets, including choosing materials and chromatics.
• Designed 40+ fashion croquis for teen line; chosen to participate in creation of casual, sports, and formal/holiday adult collections.
Exhibitor - Romexpo- Luxury Show/Wella Gal
1930s-inspired evening gown exhibits (2006)
Documentation and Croques - National Trends Catalogue Designing fashion croques in the 2006 -2007 trends Trends - DOMO Exhibition
Designed textile collage and 9 croques of 70 cm
MODEXPO Fashion Festival
Designed an ethnic – army suit with documentation
Garment – Antena 1 TV fashion presentation
Designed corset and skirt with manual embroidery;
garment displayed in Cosmopolitan
Exhibitor – Wella Gala
Designed semi-precious stone corset and skirt
Bachelor’s Degree in Decorative Arts and Design – National University of Arts, Bucharest, Romania 2016 Scholarship Recipient – Erasmus Plus, Skopje (former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia): Selected by Danish media company; presented to seminaries on implementation of an innovative media campaign, and drafted projects that I later put into practice. Sicily – Led design team of scholarship students for program to create scratch-made designs from recycled materials. Marmaris, Turkey – Planned and led numerous workshops Paris, France – Completed fashion training (Noriel)