Resume: Constance Rose Hall
503-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org • Dayton, Nevada 89403
• Accounts Payable (A/P) • Accounts Receivable (A/R) • General Ledger • Auditor Preparation and Reporting • Billing
• Budgeting • Cash Applications • Code Analyzing • Collections • Compliance • Financial Reporting • Healthcare
• HMO Billing • Human Resources • Proven Manager • Medicare • Medi-Cal • Medical Coding • Month-end • Payroll
• Policies and Procedures • Private Insurance Billing • Reconciliation • Revenue Forecasting • Trend Reporting
• Skilled-Nursing Facility Management • Training
Seventeen years hands-on management experience with extensive accounting, billing, collections and healthcare expertise; as a Medical Billing Specialist, brought aging under control, reducing outstanding receivables from nearly $2 million down to $25,000 for ten insurance companies; as a Skilled Nursing Facility Business Office Manager increased collection rates for multiple facilities, including bringing one facility into compliance, while exceeding stringent collections standards by over 40%. Have repeatedly proven the ability to meet deadlines and produce results. Experience includes working with all levels of management, helping owners and administrators understand complex accounting concepts and legal requirements.
Rite of Passage (contracted with Express Temps)
April 2018 to Present Minden, NV
• Great Plains • MetaViewer • UltiPro • Reconciliations • Trial Balances
Working as Assistant for the Controller, completed trial balances and reconciliations in payroll, use tax, and accrual accounts. Stepped in and reconciled assigned accounts from end of year 2017 to current period.
CARD: Center for Autism & Related Disorders
June 2013 to November 2016 Woodland Hills, CA
• Financial Reporting • ESP21 & QuickBooks • Accounts Receivable • Accounts Payable • General Ledger
• Policies and Procedures • Intermediary between Accounting and IT/Development • Training • Sales Tax Reporting
• Payroll and Garnishments • Medical Billing and Collections • Insurance Company Collections
Managed reconciliation of accounts between QuickBooks and the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software ESP21 as company transitioned between the two systems. Managed relationship with IT, improving communication and enabling developers to better understand and fulfill the needs of the accounting department. Trained accounting staff, and managers, on new features and business processes for ESP21. Trained and assisted managers to develop improved processes and procedures, increasing efficiency. Starting as a medical collections specialist, brought aging under control, reducing outstanding receivables from nearly $2 million down to $25k for ten insurance companies.
December 2012 to May 2013 Agoura Hills, CA
• Manager • Collections • Cash Applications • Trend Reports • Accounts Receivable • Policies and Procedures
Managed billing and collections for large national durable Medi-Cal equipment (DME) company. Produced collection trend reports, analyzed aging, resolved outstanding collection issues, and managed team of six collection and cash application specialists. Built and maintained relationships with patients, billing companies, and collection agencies. Produced process to resolve long-term outstanding aging. Helped produce and implement new billing and collection policy and procedure to eliminate excessive write-off’s.
Premier B.H., Healthcare Services
August 2012 to October 2012 Los Angeles, CA
• Accounts Payable • Code Analyzing • Payroll Analyzing • Auditing Preparation and Reporting
Brought in for, and completed, compiling an audit response package for 2008-2012 involving five skilled-care facilities. Also provided other services, including: analyzing and correcting accounts payable entries for cost reporting; producing payroll reports; analyzing billings by payroll type for improved cost reporting, and cost savings; and auditing tax credit reports for completeness and accuracy.
Country Villa Health Services (Innovative Healthcare Solutions)
January 2012 to April 2012 Los Angeles, CA
Accounts Receivable Billing Manager
• Manager • Accounts Receivable • Billing • Collections • Trend Reports • Policy and Procedure
• Medicare and Medi-Cal Compliance
Managed Medicare and Medi-Cal billing, and accounts receivable for fifteen contract skilled nursing facilities. Produced billing trend reports, analyzed aging, resolved outstanding billing issues, and managed team of four billing specialists. Built and maintained relationships with Business Office Managers (BOM’s), Building Administrators, and owners of each building. Organized and ran monthly accounts receivable status meetings for each building. Produced process to resolve long-term outstanding aging, bringing facilities into compliance with Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
May 2011 to December 2011 Portland, Oregon
Accounts Receivable Specialist
• Billing • Accounts Receivable • Reconciliation • Collections • Month-End
Managed accounts receivable, collections, cash deposit posting, resolved billing disputes, and provider billing; including HMO’s, Medicare, Medicare, and private pay billing for a 600-bed mixed-care facility.
Avamere Health Services
April 2007 to April 2011 Hillsboro Rehab in Hillsboro, Oregon
Skilled Nursing Facility Administrator in Training
• Financial Reporting • Budgeting • Revenue Forecasting • Experience in each department
Accepted by the Oregon State Nursing Board as an Administrator in Training (“AIT”), demonstrating a proficiency in, or working knowledge of, the tasks performed by each major department in a skilled nursing facility, including admissions, and Medi-Cal records.
Avamere Crestview in Portland, Oregon
Business Office Manager
• Accounts Payable • Billing • Accounts Receivable • Cash Deposits • Reconciliation • Month-End • Collections • Training
Brought skilled nursing facility into compliance and exceeded collection rates by over 40%, with over 80% of collections being within very stringent company requirements (for example, HMO payments collected in under 60 days, Medicaid in under 30 days). Closed books each month in five days, or less, with a monthly A/R of over $800,000.
Healthcare at Foster Creek
January 2004 to April 2007 Portland, Oregon
Business Office Manager / Assistant Facility Administrator
• Human Resources • Payroll • Accounts Payable • Accounts Receivable • Billing • Collections • Reconciliation
• Month-End • Cash Deposits
Resolved long outstanding billing issues to bring all accounts receivable current, increasing successful collections by over 33% for a 136-bed skilled-care facility. Managed human resources and payroll for a 150 employees; increasing accuracy and streamlining processes and significantly increasing employee satisfaction. Managed month-end accounting processes.
Masters in Teaching
Warner Pacific, Portland Oregon 2009 – 2011
Degree incomplete, successfully completed all classwork, relocated before undertaking student teaching requirement
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
University of Phoenix, Tigard Oregon 2006 - 2008
Bachelors of Science in Business Accounting (BSB/ACC)
University of Phoenix, Tigard Oregon 2003 - 2006
Relevant workshops and seminars:
• Legally Collecting Accounts Receivable
• Bureau of Labor and Industries Record Keeping Requirements
• Powerful Business Writing Skills
• The Employment Law Seminar
• I-9 & Business Immigration Update
• Annual Medicare Training
• California State Notary Certification
Technical System Skills
• PC proficient
• Experience interfacing with AS-400
• Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Power Point, Outlook, with extensive Excel spreadsheet experience
• Great Plains
• SARS (Strategic AR)
• Pay Simple
• Accounting Systems of ESP21’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Platform
• Various Medi-Cal billing systems