High School Diploma:
Poinciana High School - Kissimmee, FL May 1998
DAVID MARK HILTUNEN
● PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
● Highly effective restaurant manager with 18 years of experience. During the past seven years, I was the general manger for both IHOP and Perkins. While working at IHOP, I managed the second busiest restaurant which brought in $5 million dollars in sales per year. Background includes sales, management, and front and back-of-the-house operations. Flexible, results-oriented General Manager offering focused leadership and restaurant operations knowledge to drive profitability.
● Service-oriented with string food service background
● Inventory control and record keeping
● Strong work ethic
● Staff scheduling Point of Sale (POS) system operations
● Passion for customer satisfaction
● General Manager March 2016
● IHOP (Sunshine Restaurant Partners, SRP)
● Managed all operations at the second busiest IHOP.
● Responsible for achieving planned sales and profits by maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and forecasting revenues.
● Responsible for budget preparation, revenue management, monthly P& L reports, and daily bank deposits.
● Worked closely with cooks and management to establish inventory levels, resulting in a 20% decrease in food costs.
● Responsible for maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standard.
● Directly supervised all managers and employees during hours of operation.
● Effectively managed payroll and properly completed paperwork for new hires and terminations as well as interviewing and selecting staff.
● Promoted a positive atmosphere and guaranteed each customer received exceptional service and food.
● General Manager
Perkins and Marie Calendars April 1996 to March 2016
● Managed the operations of assigned restaurant.
● Responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and reinforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards.
● Responsible for budget preparation, revenue management, monthly P&L reports, and daily bank deposits.
● Directly supervised all managers and employees during the entire hours of operation of assigned restaurant.
● Accountable for all administration and operations, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
● Carefully interviewed, selected, trained and supervised staff.
● Correctly calculated inventory and ordered appropriate supplies.
● Promoted a positive atmosphere and went above and beyond to guarantee each customer received exceptional food and service.
● Effectively managed payroll and timekeeping, including completion of the proper paperwork for new hires and terminations.Perkins General Manager of the Year for 2015 and 2011
● President’s List for Perkins and Marie Calendars
● While working for Perkins, my store was in the top 10 KPI’s (Key Points of Interest) out of the entire company
● Increased sales by 40% while reducing food costs by 50%, leading to a 30% increase in cash flow in the last five years.
● Richard Pech, Owner Operator for IHOP 407-***-****
● John Figeoro, Owner Operator for IHOP 813-***-****
● Jamie Garcia, Manger Cheesecake Factory 407-***-****
● Shawn Crowfred, General Manger Perkins 863-***-****
● George Vargo, Executive Director Weirton Housing Authority 304-***-****