JIGAR L. MEHTA
**** ****** **** ***** *******, MD 21076 email@example.com 267-***-**** Financial Analyst with an MBA in Finance and Management and strong analytical communication skills SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Experience in analyzing and resolving critical dilemmas and situations relating to various aspects of banking and finance
● Highly skilled in capital management, debt management, risk management, and several other areas of financial administration
● Knowledge of money managing procedures, techniques, and information PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Treasurer September 2016 -
Chesapeake Science Point Public Charter School
● Prepare monthly financial statements and update the board
● File the quarterly and annual taxes
● Develop the budget for monthly activities
● Write checks for reimbursement and purchases
● Organize the books and records for annual audit
Project Manager/Associate (Treasury Trade Support) June 2013-June 2018 MORGAN STANLEY BANK, NA Baltimore, MD
● Support, Train, and Mentor New Hires
● Support the Director with managing the team and making sure proper coverage is available at all times
● Serve as escalation point for junior team members and resolution of issues
● Support Corporate Treasury with Overnight Deposit trades with various counterparties
● Work with IT on system testing and implementation
● Work with Global Bank Services on testing of the new bank accounts and whether they meet certain Risk criteria
● Reconcile Cash accounts to resolve any breaks that have occurred due to cash movements of prior business day
● Support the funding team in exception management of various funding movements between legal entities
● Prepare and present monthly Key Risk Indicator and metrics report to senior management
● Identify and implement process improvement for efficiency JIGAR MEHTA ● m firstname.lastname@example.org ● 267-***-**** ● Page 2 ASSOCIATE (Payment Governance) August 2011-June 2013 MORGAN STANLEY BANK, NA Baltimore, MD
● Manage timelines of various clients projects, to ensure deliverables are on time, of highest quality, and meet or exceed expectations.
● Initiate internal communication daily/weekly to review project status, while building strong relationships and delivering excellent final product and customer service.
● Conduct governance training and deliver presentations to individual business units.
● Undertake research projects of varying size and scope.
● Design, develop and document standards and guidelines for business units as it relates to the payments process to be used firmwide
● Identify current and future trends and needs in governance, which would initiate projects to implement solutions that meet those needs.
● Implement process improvement decisions that add value through the Global Cash Management organization.
● Ensure that best cash management practices are in place
● Provide guidance to business units on banking products and services SECURITIES ADMINISTRATION SERVICE ANALYST III May 2007-August 2011 WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A. CORPORATE TRUST SERVICES Columbia, MD
● Manage, transfer, and approve money arrangements under strict deadlines and legal guidelines, associated with loan fundings and security payments; Resolve daily cash activities for systems and banks.
● Monitor daily cash activities and resolve discrepancies both internally and with external banks.
● Provide training sessions to team members within our group and also external teams to ensure better understanding of the cash management role and the services and products we provide.
● Open new accounts per the direction of business development and ensure that they are invested as stated in the legal or governing deal documents.
● Resolve and research cash management issues for client teams.
● Supervise new employees during training sessions and report progress and areas of improvement to management; Also managed monthly team member meetings by setting the meeting agenda and organize roundtable discussions.
● Instrumental in developing the best and the most effective cash management practices and at the same time reduce risk to the organization.
● Involved with implementing process improvement decisions that add value through the organization. SENIOR TREASURY ANALYST June 2002-January 2006
CROWN HOLDINGS, LLC. Philadelphia, PA
● Managed various bank accounts to ensure that funds become debited and credited to appropriate accounts; Prepared Daily Cash Position sheet to forecast the daily working capital requirements.
● Cash Forecasting and Positioning done for domestic and international subsidiaries
● Wire transfers for international subsidiaries in other currencies using spot rates and forward contracts taking into account opportunities to minimize foreign exchange exposure JIGAR MEHTA ● m email@example.com ● 267-***-**** ● Page 3
● Streamlined the transaction process which saved the company about $10,000 a month in banking fees, adding $120,000 back to the bottom line.
● Performed cash forecasting one to two week out to ensure sufficient funds are available.
● Organized a securitization report, derived from daily receivables and billings for the company, to demonstrate to the bank what is available to collect.
● Helped converse foreign incoming and outgoing funds into local currencies; Invested excess funds in various risk-free overnight investments and monitored their performance.
● Conversed with various banks and performed research to solve account issues and payment concerns of vendors; Conducted wire transfers for essential vendors upon receipt of wire vouchers.
● Reduced company expenses, including opening and closing of various bank accounts and reviewing bank analysis statements to see what is underutilized and cut those costs.
● Distribute banking expenses to various plants through journal entries to their respective accounts; Resolved various bank accounts to ensure they are balanced and make required entries.
● Supervised projects for converting all corporate treasury activities to another bank and building an autorate system that automatically downloads interest rates, commodity rates, and forward rates from treasury workstation.
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS: BANKRUPTCY ANALYST June 1999 – June 2002 UNISYS CORPORATION Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
● Prepared financial reporting and analysis and evaluated customer contracts and financial statements to establish credit limits for clients; Also filed Proof of Claims with bankruptcy court.
● Examined, analyzed, and maintained financial statements of bankrupt debtors and customers’ accounts; Assisted Office of the General Counsel in attaining A/R data for bankrupt debtors. EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MBA - FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
LASALLE UNIVERSITY -- 3 .6 ● Distinguished Honors Philadelphia, Pennsylvania BACHELOR OF ARTS-BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
ARCADIA UNIVERSITY -- 3 .6 ● Distinguished Honors Glenside, Pennsylvania