San Antonio, TX
Service oriented Patient Care Advocate with a 7 year background in a home health setting. Core competencies include patient relations, case management and scheduling as well as excellent communication and time management skills. Handling tasks accuracy and efficiency. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Circle of Care Pediatric Home Health
August 2011 to Present
• Expedited patient referrals from specialty offices, communicate with families once referral was received, answered patient and specialty office calls and completed referral requests.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised maintaining a superior work ethic.
• Called insurance companies for patients to obtain benefits and precertification.
• Established a close working relationship with many medical centers to facilitate urgent scheduling of patient care in the home.
• Knowledgeable with CPT and ICD-9/10 codes, High level of proficiency relating to medical terminology and strong healthcare background.
• Entered referrals on line to Raintree an electronic medical record database. Excellent computer skills.
• Prioritized work load and maintained an organized work space.
• Supervised and managed referral team. Delegate daily tasks to team members to reach daily goals. Education
High school or equivalent
Johns Marshall High School - San Antonio, TX
Friendly customer services skills in person and on the phone. Ability to type 65 words per minute. Ability to work with programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel and Word. Knowledgeable with EMR systems and databases.