Dana F. Jones
San Antonio, TX 78250
A.A.S. (Associates Degree) Computer Information Systems Management, Community College of the Air
Computer Information Systems Specialist, Keesler Air Force Base MS
Communication Security (COMSEC) Account Management, Keesler Air Force Base MS
Systems Administrator/Workstation Solaris UNIX, Goodfellow Air Force Base TX
National Security Agency (NSA) Operational Computer Communications Security, Lackland Air Force Base
Practical UNIX Security, ARC Information Assurance Institute, San Antonio TX.
Electronic Key Management System (EKMS, KMI), SCO UNIX: ARC Information Assurance Institute San
Network Security Basics (Windows Workstation/Server), ARC Information Assurance Institute San Antonio
Air Force veteran with over 15 years of service in the IT career
Active SECRET Security Clearance
Sercurity + Certification
USAA Information Technology Center July 2015 – Jan 2018
Remote Support Specialist (RSS) Level II
* Provide Technical telephone support to USAA employees and contractors.
* Log calls via Service Now ticketing system and escalated issues on a priority basis.
* Maintained VM (Virtual Machine) Citrix, diagnostics, administrative, along with software and hardware
maintenance utlizing various VMWare software applications.
* Implemented work at home setup, connectivity, and daily maintenance of VPN (Virtual Private Network), while migrating main operating system to windows 10 prior to shipment.
* Perform user and workstation recoveries of McAfee endpoint encryption.
* Troubleshoot network connectivity issues via port connectivity and maintenance.
* First line for troubleshooting Cisco router installation and connectivity with ISP (Internet Service
*Provided Hardware replacement of Hard Drives, Random Access Memory (RAM), and Mother Boards upon ticket request while maintaining established SLAs.
KForce (Wells Fargo) Contractor January 2015 - July 2015
Information Security Analyst II
* Member of the Wells Fargo Enterprise Access Management Certification team.
* Setting up user accounts, password resets and Microsoft Exchanged based on documented procedures.
* Excellent knowledge of server platforms, network diagnostic tools and VPN troubleshooting.
* Provided support for Java, Citrix receiver and different applications when necessary.
* Familiarity with protocols and services including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, POP3, DHCP Firewalls, caching
* Collaborates with company lines of business, application owners, and QA (Quality Assurance)
development teams to allow access to certified users.
* Involved in projects to ensure application owners are aware of the Applications they need to verify.
* Participate in weekly Project meetings to receive update on all Applications for the given Release.
* Analyze reports which need to meet certain criteria for access to on board application.
CGI Federal May 2014 - Sept 2014
Tier II Help Desk Support
* Receive calls and emails from end users and create incident tickets, logging all pertinent information.
* Provides initial assessment of categorization and prioritization for reported incidents and service requests
and provides initial support using SQL database and monitoring SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
* Ensures incidents are properly escalated and assigned to appropriate support groups.
* Provides communication to end users concerning the status of incidents, service requests, and changes.
* Compiles data through incident entry that will be used for management information and reporting.
* Maintains ownership of incidents, ensuring status update and resolution according to SLAs.
* Provide input to Service Desk management regarding continuous Improvement opportunities.
United States Air Force Contractor (Abacus) May 2011 - May 2014
Level 2 Help Desk Technician, Enterprise Service Desk JBSA- Lackland Joint Base San Antonio
* System and Network Administrator in an IT service desk function for United States Air Force service
members and affiliated civilian employees.
* Utilized Remedy ticketing system to created, maintain, and resolve work order requests, while creating,
maintaining and deleting remedy user accounts
* Created, maintained, and deleted administrative/user accounts using Active Directory Administrative
Center, while utilizing BOMGAR remote assistance, for over 300,000 end users.
* Provided troubleshooting assistance in maintaining Outlook email accounts and Exchange Server
* Managed remote administration, technical support for NIPRNet (Non-Secured Internet Protocol Router
Network) and SIPRNet (Secure Internet Protocol Router Network) Air Force networks.
* Established and maintained Executive Blackberry account using the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server).