Training Manager - Raleigh, North Carolina
Raleigh, NC 27604
email@example.com - 919-***-****
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Training Manager - Angola LNG Project
BECHTEL CORPORATION - Houston, TX - July 2007 to January 2016 Managed 40 million dollar construction craft training program; responsibilities included planning, initiation, execution, monitoring and controlling and closedown. Additionally responsible for the concept, design and construction of a purpose built craft training facility ($6.5 mil USD) and oversight of training curriculum and instructors. Directly responsible for moving 4500 unskilled Angolan workers to the level of semi-skilled and skilled positions in industrial heavy construction positions such as carpentry, electrical, welding, heavy equipment operators, and pipefitters.
Instructional System Design Lead. Project Management Professional Program Coordinator
SAUDI ARABIAN PARSONS, Ltd - October 2004 to March 2007 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 10/04 - 03/07
Instructional System Design Lead. Project Management Professional Program Coordinator.
• Managed Training Program deliverables, including; objectives, course content, delivery media and materials, recruitment, employee assessment and selection. Prepared objectives, defined content, determined training delivery method, recruitment, employee assessment and selection. Designed, developed and implemented a three-year training plan and program. Routinely conducted training needs analyses and evaluated the effectiveness of training and organizational development activities.
• Principal trainer for 66 Saudi Nationals, recent college graduates in a three year program that prepares them for a permanent position with a large Saudi company.
• Designed and developed the first training database (Oracle platform) for the Saudi Nationals and for 250 expatriates.
OJT Assessor / Trainer
ADVANCED INTERACTIVE SYSTEMS - Renton, WA - October 2002 to January 2003 Training, Assessment and Certification of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checked baggage screeners. Trained and certified over 300 airport security screeners for TSA in a four month period. Training Manager, Change Process Analyst
The Body Shop Inc - Wake Forest, NC - October 1999 to February 2002 End User Training and Documentation lead for the SAP implementation at The Body Shop, Inc., Corporate Headquarters in Wake Forest, NC. Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of all SAP (Systems, Applications, Products) training and documentation relative to Human Resources, Payroll Administration, and Retail operations. Target audience - 230 end users.
• Conducted needs analysis of all business process owners; developed the End User Training & Documentation Project Plan; and delivered Pre and Post go-live training for the end users on SAP.
• Two years of full life cycle SAP (Project Preparation > Business Blueprint > Realization > Final Preparation
> Go Live and Support) engagement for the delivery of the product using the ASAP (Accelerated SAP) implementation tool.
• Developed the RFP (Request for Proposal) for a Learning Management System (LMS) for the company. In this capacity, expanded responsibilities to include the interview and selection process for a vendor-hosted solution designed to streamline and leverage human capital resources including; hiring, skills identification/ mapping, career development/progression, and professional and technical training.
• Conceptualized, designed, developed, and delivered a formal training program to enhance human performance relative to proprietary and desktop applications at the company. Training Manager
ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS - Raleigh, NC - June 1998 to September 1999 Responsible for analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation of the training program for the United States Postal Service National Help Desk. The training program developed and sustained over 400 analysts who were responsible for providing technical support to over 3000 postal stations nationwide.
• Lead the strategic planning process to identify USPS training needs including development of two (2) new courses and the enhancement of seven (7) existing courses.
• Managed a staff of twelve (12) trainers to develop and deliver all new hire and technical application training. Develop a fast-track training program allowing two (2) Training Specialist to become Advanced Training Specialist.
• Developed, controlled, and administered a 3 million dollar budget and P&L; managed the recruiting, selection and essential development of training staff.
• Wrote the Training Plan and subsequent Training Project Plan which resulted in additional business with client in January 1999 totaling 1.2 million dollars.
• Conceptualized, designed, developed and delivered a Customer Service Course for the analyst.
• Executed all Project Plan Deliverables (4 monthly, 3 quarterly, and 2 annually) on time and within budget.
• Designed a needs assessment and certification program for existing help desk analysts to provide customer a scalable, measurable return on investment for training dollars spent. Deputy Commandant
The Culver Educational Foundation - Culver, IN - September 1992 to May 1998 Managed the overall training, supervision, appearance, merit and discipline programs for over 400 boys and 200 girls in an independent military program. This included writing, developing, and maintaining all SOPs concerning boarding school activities exclusive of the classroom.
• Responsible for hiring and professional development of military staff (6 cadre), and ad hoc responsibility for training 27 teaching faculty in evening and overnight supervisory procedures.
• Provided project oversight in the installation of a campus-wide Internet network in 4 barracks and 4 dormitories.
THE UNITED STATES ARMY - September 1982 to August 1992 Normal progression through the ranks culminating in two command positions. Demonstrated exemplary leadership skills, command presence, mentoring, and professional development of subordinates. Established budgets and schedules for nine military projects at three active military installations. Coordinated all required Architect/Engineer Services and insured all projects were advertised and awarded on time and within budget. Budgets in excess of $25 million were executed within 2% of authorization. Counseled, developed, instructed, and commissioned over 200 highly qualified and competent officer candidates in the Regular Army. EDUCATION
Masters of Science in Administration
University of Notre Dame - Mendoza College of Business 1997
Bachelors of Science in Education
Alcorn State University